• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meltons agent talking up Cowboys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying Miles would be a #1 WR on 20 or more teams?

No because teams like the Bears have players like Alshon and Brandon.

If you are asking me if I could name 12 or more teams where if Healthy he could be #1 one then sure.

1.) Oakland
2.) Buffalo
3.) Washington (yes when healthy he is better than Garcon)
4.) Jets
5.) Pats
6.) Chiefs (Bowe is a very talented player that is a top #2 WR in the NFL)
7.) Chargers
8.) Rams
9.) Ravens
10.) Vikings
11.) Titans
12.) Jags

Then you could even argue to a degree:

13.) Panthers (now with Smith on the decline)
14.) Colts (Reggie on decline)
15.) Fins (is Wallace a true number one)
16.) Philly (Djax is up and down)
17.) 9ers (Quan is old, Crabs has never had a great year)

in 2012 he was hurt although he did play in all 16 he was not healthy, left both skins games, and did not practice. The last season he was healthy he went over 1,000. Don't get me wrong by me saying Miles is elite, I'm not saying that. What I am saying is that if Miles turns to be healthy and we cut him, most will be mad, because he will do well if healthy.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the Austin debate.

When did he ever have a GREAT year? Never

He had TWO good years..... and an ass load of injuries

Time to move on

He was NEVER a #1 and those two good years ..... came because he had other receivers around him taking the coverage away

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you are asking me if I could name 12 or more teams where if Healthy he could be #1 one then sure.

1.) Oakland
2.) Buffalo
4.) Jets
5.) Pats
7.) Chargers
8.) Rams
9.) Ravens
10.) Vikings
11.) Titans
12.) Jags

in 2012 he was hurt although he did play in all 16 he was not healthy, left both skins games, and did not practice. The last season he was healthy he went over 1,000. Don't get me wrong by me saying Miles is elite, I'm not saying that. What I am saying is that if Miles turns to be healthy and we cut him, most will be mad, because he will do well if healthy.

Austin might be the #1 on 2-3 of those teams. Bowe's a #2 and Austin is a #1? OK.....

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the point at all

Austin has lost his desire and pride. Makes way to much money to be a "team guy"

without question a MUST GO and four years ago I was Austin's #1 supporter and had rants about the coaches Not seeing the talent and given opportunities. It remains about the opportunities earned and what you do with those sometimes limited opportunities. Harris deserves um....Austin in another uni.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1.) Oakland
2.) Buffalo
4.) Jets
5.) Pats
7.) Chargers
8.) Rams
9.) Ravens
10.) Vikings
11.) Titans
12.) Jags

Even if we all agree he would be #1 on the 17 team you mention (debatable) that still leaves 15 teams with a better #2's and some of those teams have better#2's. Miles is a very good WR when healthy but he's NOT top 20.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well who was good in coverage last year outside of Scandrick? Overall Carter played well the Second half of the season.

Miles when HEALTHY which he hasn't been in over 2 years is still probably a top 15-20 WR in the NFL. What made Miles great was his lower body strength, what makes Miles bad is the fact he can't generate that lower body strength due to his hammy's.

For people like you though, I hope Miles does gets cut, goes to a team like SD is healthy for the year, and has 1,400 - 1,500 yards next season only to here the same people that were crying to cut him, cry because we did cut him. Then blame Jerry for being so stupid. There is no question Miles is not worth his contract, but what they should do is ask him to tak a pay cut, if he does not then cut him. As far as a healthy Miles being #4 on our WR list, I'll say it's early and you are still tired. Williams is body catcher and unless he starts catching with his hands I would not be ready to say he is #2 on the list, in fact he had a very rough 2nd half of the season. I'd assume Beasley is your #3, and if he is are you seriously saying he should be ahead of Miles? If so please stop, Beasley is no more than a slot WR on third down, he isn't Wes Welker or Danny A.

In your opinion Carter was good in the second half. IMO he was bad all year. I feel comfortable that most that both watched the games and know the game will agree with me.

We'll obviously disagree on Miles because your opinion that he is top 15 is so far off that its not worth discussing.

People like me? You mean Cowboy fans? Your arrogance has been showing through big time lately. If you can't take a differing opinion, don't make such absolute statements like your statements matter more than someone else's. You obviously know nothing about how I'd react to things. I admit when I am wrong and think that when you make sound decisions they pay off most of the time. If you have balls like other teams do to let to of guys you will get burnt from time to time, but overall you will be better off and usually you won't regret your decisions. And guess what??? The key is that You still get to use that cap room on another player at a position that we desperately need help at. So even if the player performs it still doesn't mean it was a bad decision if you are smart with what you do with the money. Miles getting 1,500 yards is absolutely ridiculous. Sit back and think about what you just wrote. How many guys even had 1500 yards last year? Was it his hamstrings that caused him to drop so many easy catches the last two years? Oh, and yes it's Beasley and yes he is a better slot receiver than Miles in 2014 and that's what we need from him. You, like Jerry seem to be stuck in 2010. That exact mentality is what causes the Cowboys to hold onto guys for too long and always expect them to "turn it around". How many injured and bad years does Miles need in a row before you accept he will never be that player again?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin is done. Congrats to him for making the most money he could out of one killer season. You cant look back to that year to claim how good he could still be if not for injuries. Even if he got all his speed & quickness back, which can be argued he never will. But for arguments sake, lets say he can. You still cant use the if he is healthy comment he would be a #1 WR. The guy drops way to many passes for that type of money.

Austin is gone.

So moving on to the next debate :suds:

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well who was good in coverage last year outside of Scandrick? Overall Carter played well the Second half of the season.

Miles when HEALTHY which he hasn't been in over 2 years is still probably a top 15-20 WR in the NFL. What made Miles great was his lower body strength, what makes Miles bad is the fact he can't generate that lower body strength due to his hammy's.

For people like you though, I hope Miles does gets cut, goes to a team like SD is healthy for the year, and has 1,400 - 1,500 yards next season only to here the same people that were crying to cut him, cry because we did cut him. Then blame Jerry for being so stupid. There is no question Miles is not worth his contract, but what they should do is ask him to tak a pay cut, if he does not then cut him. As far as a healthy Miles being #4 on our WR list, I'll say it's early and you are still tired. Williams is body catcher and unless he starts catching with his hands I would not be ready to say he is #2 on the list, in fact he had a very rough 2nd half of the season. I'd assume Beasley is your #3, and if he is are you seriously saying he should be ahead of Miles? If so please stop, Beasley is no more than a slot WR on third down, he isn't Wes Welker or Danny A.
Sorry, but Carter played like crap this past year and I believe he is a bust. And as a old and huge Miles Austin homer, he needs to go as well. No way in hell he is a top 15 wr and will never be again.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In your opinion Carter was good in the second half. IMO he was bad all year. I feel comfortable that most that both watched the games and know the game will agree with me.

We'll obviously disagree on Miles because your opinion that he is top 15 is so far off that its not worth discussing.

People like me? You mean Cowboy fans? Your arrogance has been showing through big time lately. If you can't take a differing opinion, don't make such absolute statements like your statements matter more than someone else's. You obviously know nothing about how I'd react to things. I admit when I am wrong and think that when you make sound decisions they pay off most of the time. If you have balls like other teams do to let to of guys you will get burnt from time to time, but overall you will be better off and usually you won't regret your decisions. And guess what??? The key is that You still get to use that cap room on another player at a position that we desperately need help at. So even if the player performs it still doesn't mean it was a bad decision if you are smart with what you do with the money. Miles getting 1,500 yards is absolutely ridiculous. Sit back and think about what you just wrote. How many guys even had 1500 yards last year? Was it his hamstrings that caused him to drop so many easy catches the last two years? Oh, and yes it's Beasley and yes he is a better slot receiver than Miles in 2014 and that's what we need from him. You, like Jerry seem to be stuck in 2010. That exact mentality is what causes the Cowboys to hold onto guys for too long and always expect them to "turn it around". How many injured and bad years does Miles need in a row before you accept he will never be that player again?

Arrogance bro? Come on, you should know by now I do not take anything here personal. I respect your opinion and disagree with it. While I am probably the only one on this board that feels that way about Miles, and probably one of few that feel as if Carter played solid in the second half of the season, I do not want you nor anyone else on this board to feel as if I am holding my nose up to what they say. I do apologize if my post come off as such, and will attempt to do a better job at communicating. I suppose if I have limited time to view the boards, I should just stick to viewing them rather than posting a half ass post which some may take as offensive. So with that said I am sorry if I offended you or made you feel as if my opinion was the only one that matters, or that I believe what I say is law of the land, what ever it may be.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin has had a chronically pulleed hamstring for 3 seasons. His production does not match his contract. We need to possibly find a speed guy in the later rounds to fill his role. We should be able to draft a guy that can come in and pull hamstrings for alot less money

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin has had a chronically pulleed hamstring for 3 seasons. His production does not match his contract. We need to possibly find a speed guy in the later rounds to fill his role. We should be able to draft a guy that can come in and pull hamstrings for alot less money

LOL that was actually funny :D

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiffen was never able to adapt the players to his scheme. Carter never covered anyone in college and would be more useful as the middle linebacker. Sean Lee can play any linebacker position. We need to get a guy like Telvin Smith in round 3. He has the speed to stay with TE in coverage

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to have to say that Donald will be our 1st choice. If gone then it could be one of the safeties. I think Tuitt could also be a person of interest.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too early to say who our first pick will be

Free agency starting up .... Every team is going to have different needs by the time the draft gets here.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Donald is in fact Jerry's first choice I hope he's gone before 16 or we make a trade back and get him late 1st early 2nd. I am not sold on any DT that small as a 1st round nfl pick.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Donald is in fact Jerry's first choice I hope he's gone before 16 or we make a trade back and get him late 1st early 2nd. I am not sold on any DT that small as a 1st round nfl pick.

Rod doesn't want any big DT's as of now Crawford probably would be your 1tech, Donald is 285 he isn't small, he would play the 3tech. This scheme is built around small fast DL that get to the qb, only problem with that is they usually aren't the best at stopping the run. I am sold on Donald. I would like him or Evans as realistic picks in the first.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rod doesn't want any big DT's as of now Crawford probably would be your 1tech, Donald is 285 he isn't small, he would play the 3tech. This scheme is built around small fast DL that get to the qb, only problem with that is they usually aren't the best at stopping the run. I am sold on Donald. I would like him or Evans as realistic picks in the first.

If we pick him I'll support him but I won't be happy unless he proves me wrong.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrogance bro? Come on, you should know by now I do not take anything here personal. I respect your opinion and disagree with it. While I am probably the only one on this board that feels that way about Miles, and probably one of few that feel as if Carter played solid in the second half of the season, I do not want you nor anyone else on this board to feel as if I am holding my nose up to what they say. I do apologize if my post come off as such, and will attempt to do a better job at communicating. I suppose if I have limited time to view the boards, I should just stick to viewing them rather than posting a half ass post which some may take as offensive. So with that said I am sorry if I offended you or made you feel as if my opinion was the only one that matters, or that I believe what I say is law of the land, what ever it may be.

Well, you just made me feel like a big jackass...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you just made me feel like a big jackass...

lol, sorry was not the point, just was letting you know it wasn't the case, it's all good though...have a good day everyone.