• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maryland pre-game thread

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished reading a few things over at STS and thought I'd link the interview with the Maryland blog, "Testudo Times"

Question & Answer Session with Testudo Times - Shakin The Southland

and here are the Uni's the Terps will be wearing according to Edsall's twitter.
As for our uni's, I have always been a fan of all white when we're on the road. I just think that it's a sharp, classic look.

422269419.jpg

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the all whites; for the game this weekend, I don't think the Twerps can hang with our offense. That being said, their defense did hold GT in check, and I did not watch that game so I'm not sure if Tech hurt themselves or if the Maryland defense played well. I'd like to see Tajh play well if healthy, but what I would absolutely LOVE to see is our running game dominate the game. I'd feel a lot better if we got 150-200+ yards on the ground and got Bellamy, Howard, and Ellington into a good rhythm going into the second half of the season.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always liked the orange pants for away games, but I see no need to change from white pants since that's what we wore at VT.

Two of our rb's are slowed with injuries, so I doubt we'll see any dominating performance from them until they've healed. That definitely something we need to improve upon. Ellington is a beast when he's healthy, which I don't think he has been since game 6 or 7 of last season.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which 2 RB's? I know that none of us think Ellington is 100%, but I missed that injury report.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, 3 hamstring injuries. What's going on there? Coincidence?

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bellamy is the healthiest of the rb's that see playing time, but he doesn't seem to be ready for a bigger role in the offense. Growing pains, I guess.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, 3 hamstring injuries. What's going on there? Coincidence?

That was from last week; I believe the new one should be out somewhere, just haven't had time to find it. Heather Dumbass usually posts them on the ACC blog sometime on Fridays, 'bout the only useful information she provides.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was from last week; I believe the new one should be out somewhere, just haven't had time to find it. Heather Dumbass usually posts them on the ACC blog sometime on Fridays, 'bout the only useful information she provides.

That chic is dense. I wonder how she keeps that job. I don't know anyone on the ACC boards that has anything good to say about her.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a little off topic, but I saw an article earlier that had an interview with Tommy Bowden and in the article he claims that if he had Sammy Watkins he'd still be coaching at Clemson.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UPDATED INJURY REPORTS:

CLEMSON
Out: DE Joe Gore (knee), PK Spencer Benton (shoulder)
Will Play: QB Tajh Boyd (hip), LB Stephone Anthony (ankle)

MARYLAND
Out for season: OL Andrew Gonnella, DB Matt Robinson, DL Isaiah Ross, TE Dave Stinebaugh
Out for game: DL Justin Anderson, OL Justin Gilbert, LB Demetrius Hartsfield, LB Garrett Lederman,DL Andre Monroe, LB Shaquan Virgil
Doubtful: LB Kenny Tate
Questionable: LB Darin Drakeford
Probable: WR Marcus Leak

Looks promising for both Ellington and Howard, but hammys are tough to completely recover from without proper rest. I was looking at the stats so far this year and Ellington already has 115 carries for 528 yards and 5 TDs. He only had 118 carries for 686 yards and 10 TDs for the entire 2010 season, so he is well on pace to eclipse his totals. Seems like he was somewhat more effective in limited action last season, but I truly believe a lot of that will be attributed to the new system and him still not being 100%.

I would like to see Howard and Bellamy start shouldering more of the load, as the two of them combined only have 44 carries for 336 yards and 3 TDs. Ellington seems to have a tough time staying healthy, and I'm not sure how durable he'll be if we keep feeding him 18+ carries a game. Hopefully, Howard and Bellamy can step up and learn the play book, but apparently Bellamy is being a little bitch and whining about playing time. Pretty sure Morris made him sit the entire first half of both the VT and BC games; the kid has talent up the wazoo, but if he's gonna be a primadonna, I think we're better off without him.

Here's a link for the stat page I use, pretty useful stuff: 2011 Clemson Football Ranking Summary

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UPDATED INJURY REPORTS:

CLEMSON
Out: DE Joe Gore (knee), PK Spencer Benton (shoulder)
Will Play: QB Tajh Boyd (hip), LB Stephone Anthony (ankle)

MARYLAND
Out for season: OL Andrew Gonnella, DB Matt Robinson, DL Isaiah Ross, TE Dave Stinebaugh
Out for game: DL Justin Anderson, OL Justin Gilbert, LB Demetrius Hartsfield, LB Garrett Lederman,DL Andre Monroe, LB Shaquan Virgil
Doubtful: LB Kenny Tate
Questionable: LB Darin Drakeford
Probable: WR Marcus Leak

Looks promising for both Ellington and Howard, but hammys are tough to completely recover from without proper rest. I was looking at the stats so far this year and Ellington already has 115 carries for 528 yards and 5 TDs. He only had 118 carries for 686 yards and 10 TDs for the entire 2010 season, so he is well on pace to eclipse his totals. Seems like he was somewhat more effective in limited action last season, but I truly believe a lot of that will be attributed to the new system and him still not being 100%.

I would like to see Howard and Bellamy start shouldering more of the load, as the two of them combined only have 44 carries for 336 yards and 3 TDs. Ellington seems to have a tough time staying healthy, and I'm not sure how durable he'll be if we keep feeding him 18+ carries a game. Hopefully, Howard and Bellamy can step up and learn the play book, but apparently Bellamy is being a little bitch and whining about playing time. Pretty sure Morris made him sit the entire first half of both the VT and BC games; the kid has talent up the wazoo, but if he's gonna be a primadonna, I think we're better off without him.

Here's a link for the stat page I use, pretty useful stuff: 2011 Clemson Football Ranking Summary

Ellington will probably be nagged by that hammy for a while. Morris doesn't want him to miss out on any practice time, and keeping him out of a game doesn't seem likely with the back-up situations. I don't know when our bye week is, but I hope it's soon so guys can have a bit of downtime.