• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marshall Faulk - "Brady's greatness should have an asterisk"

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Faulk is just a pussy, plain and simple. His head is still scrambled from the first half of that SB when Willie McGinest spend 30 minutes beating the shit out of him every time he stepped over the line of scrimmage. It was beautiful to watch.
This isn't the Pats boards, nor the NFL boards so GTFO with your name calling BS on HOF Rams players here on the Rams boards RR.

Usually you are cool peeps, but there is a reason I started this topic on the Rams boards. Had I started this same topic on the Pats, or NFL boards, I would fully expect to read statements there like yours here.

So if you want to talk about the topic, then go ahead, but chill on the "plain and simple" profanity, it's bullshit here.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You tell him Vita, Faulk is one of the best to play the game and one of the smartest. To dismiss his statement is the definition of ignorance.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true Rex Racer. The Patriots did the same thing to Warner and the Rams did not make the adjustments to help two of the big three from getting disrupted. You must admit though that the defensive strategy the Patriots employed was pretty good when you know what the offense is doing and what plays they are going to run!

If that was the case the Rams would have been shut out. What NE and McGinest did in the first half didn't require any more knolwledge of the Rams offense than could be acquired by watching their games on TV. It merely required disruption of timing and taking Faulk out of the game.

I'm not sure why it took a supposed offensive genius like Mike Martz so long to make an adjustment and put Faulk in motion on every play to get him away from big Willie, but I'll take it.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't the Pats boards, nor the NFL boards so GTFO with your name calling BS on HOF Rams players here on the Rams boards RR.

Usually you are cool peeps, but there is a reason I started this topic on the Rams boards. Had I started this same topic on the Pats, or NFL boards, I would fully expect to read statements there like your here.

So if you want to talk about the topic, then go ahead, but chill on the "plain and simple" profanity, it's bullshit here.

Plain and simple is not profanity and hiding on the team board while you continue to propagate the lame ass cheating accusations from 15 years ago is weak.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that was the case the Rams would have been shut out. What NE and McGinest did in the first half didn't require any more knolwledge of the Rams offense than could be acquired by watching their games on TV. It merely required disruption of timing and taking Faulk out of the game.

I'm not sure why it took a supposed offensive genius like Mike Martz so long to make an adjustment and put Faulk in motion on every play to get him away from big Willie, but I'll take it.

Shut-out? I doubt it Rex Racer. The Patriots only filmed a walk through, not the entire playbook. You and I both know that any formal charges brought by the league against the Patriots concerning cheating was going to uncover a history of such behavior by a number of teams over the years and Goodell didn't and doesn't have the backbone for that sort of investigation and proceedings.

Bottom line: The Rams were reading too much of their press clippings and Martz did not prepare them the way Vermeil would have prepared them and they played crap football except for the comeback Warner and company orchestrated to tie the game. They simply didn't get it done given the circumstances.

The fact of the matter is you can characterize what Faulk is doing as being weak and what the fans believe as lame, but the Patriots have had a number of scandals amidst their four superbowls leading up to the most recent and that will never be explained away by even the most ardent of Patriot fans such as yourself because, in the back of people's minds, the questions will always be there. Sort of like the Pete Rose scandal. Those additional scandals provide substantial corroborating evidence for the cheating allegations and therefore people will always remember the Patriots as a franchise that cheats.

Granted the two teams have gone different directions. The Rams have done shit with all of the opportunities they have been given with trades while the Patriots have maximized the old Raiders practice/model of taking other teams' cast-offs and getting wins out of them.

The bottom line is the Patriots have five Lombardi Trophies and the Rams have one and two pre-superbowl championships. I suppose little else matters.

Last edited:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut-out? I doubt it Rex Racer.

I was sharing some hyperbole since you were sharing some fictitious story about filming.

I didn't characterize Faulk as weak, I only mocked him because he is a whiner. Belichick dedicated one man (that was 7" taller and 70lbs heavier and pretty goddamn quick for a big guy) on a kill mission to smacking him down every time the ball was snapped. It worked for the entire 1st half which is an indictment on Martz and a feather in BB cap all at the same time.

I also disagree with your premise that the Rams lost because they were complacent. New England won 3 of 4 SB including that game. They was pretty good :thumb:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Incorrect the Buccaneers knew the entire Raiders playbook. And while the Buccaneers had a clear advantage the Raiders were not shut out. By the Patriots recording the Rams practices and plays. They allowed themselves a clear and unfair advantage. Which was quite evident in the performance of New England's defense as you stated. While you may not understand the concept of spigot. It was a very dark spot for the NFL. Faulk was well within his rights to speak up. In fact I have a ton of respect for Faulk doing so. For putting his principles and love of the game. Above taking heat for stepping up is commendable .

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incorrect the Buccaneers knew the entire Raiders playbook. And while the Buccaneers had a clear advantage the Raiders were not shut out.

Who the fuck is talking about the Raiders and the Buccaneers?

Seriously, Clarkie. Go shove some more heroin in your arm and STFU.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously, Clarkie. Go shove some more heroin in your arm and STFU.
If you don't understand the comparison between a team having another teams playbook. And a team recording another teams plays. Perhaps you need to put the bottle down. Knowing a teams plays does not equate to a shut out. It equates to the opposing teams defense having an unfair advantage. In this case achieved through unscrupulous actions on behalf of the Patriots.Or as @Vitamike already said if you cant handle the topic and are here for the sole purpose of lame insults STFU. Try to stay on topic this is the Rams board. Faulk is a class act and HOF player. I applaud him for speaking up and standing by his principles

Last edited:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you think this was just the part of football where a rule enforcement was missed (Failing to keep the clock running) or do you think it was part of the 911 conspiracy?

I mean there are a lot of those who think the League wanted the huge 14 pt underdog 'Patriots', wearing Red, White and Blue to overcome a formidable opponent such as the Greatest Show on Turf.

Well, if you all remember the pre-game from that 2001 Super Bowl, they made the Pats out to be an all American team, and we were basically made to look like terrorists... Still bothers me to this day the way we were portrayed....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plain and simple is not profanity and hiding on the team board while you continue to propagate the lame ass cheating accusations from 15 years ago is weak.
Your 'plain and simple' comment was concluded and prefaced by name calling profanity you used of our beloved Rams HOFer. I shouldn't need to explain it to you. Oh, and I would never go on the Pats boards and do the same, so an expectation of reciprocity is the standard I'm using here.

Regarding your hiding take, if you read my opening post in this thread, I was seeking the Rams fans' perspective as well as a good dialogue regarding the circumstances involving accusations surrounding the walk-through, so I could to discuss this topic intelligently with a sophisticated group of close friends of mine, all of who are staunch Pats fans. Very good North East people.

A man with class would admit that he lost to a better opponent, plain and simple.

A man of character & convictions doesn't cower to the unpopular simply to avoid uncomfortable confrontations. There is so much evidence that Pat fan doesn't want to digest or discuss. I honestly don't blame Goodell for the cover up though. I'm not sure the league would have survived the ramifications, and if it had, it surely would have been severely damaged IMO.

I do love the NFL, and in that regard I am thankful for the coverup. My Rams might not even exist, but it's one thing to sweep everything under the rug like they did, but it's totally another to disparage those that aren't willing to act as if nothing happened is just wrong, plain and simple.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um Rex, are you having problems following along with the things you are bringing into the discussion?

You are the one who brought up the affects of a teams knowledge of a play book and the final score.

TRD brought up a great example, and in a Superbowl game no less.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um Rex, are you having problems following along with the things you are bringing into the discussion?

You are the one who brought up the affects of a teams knowledge of a play book and the final score.

TRD brought up a great example, and in a Superbowl game no less.

A man of character & convictions doesn't cower to the unpopular simply to avoid uncomfortable confrontations.

This is why I have a world off respect for Faulk. That statement speaks volumes .What Faulk expressed was both selfless and courageous .Especially in an era of self entitled athletes.He's a class act.

As far as knowing another teams plays.Whether it be via knowing their play book.Or taping their hand signals and practices. it's a major advantage that holds massive implications on the field.On that note the fact that the Rams still managed to keep that game close regardless of an extremely big disadvantage.Really speaks volumes as to how great that Rams offense truly was. I can't think of many teams that had the talent level they did to compensate for that. They truly were the greatest show on earth.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as knowing another teams plays.Whether it be via knowing their play book.Or taping their hand signals and practices. it's a major advantage that holds massive implications on the field.On that note the fact that the Rams still managed to keep that game close regardless of an extremely big disadvantage.Really speaks volumes as to how great that Rams offense truly was. I can't think of many teams that had the talent level they did to compensate for that. They truly were the greatest show on earth.

Just a few thoughts on Pat fans statement 'if the Pats had filmed the walk though the game wouldn't have been close'

When some Pat fans talk about this game, they always seem to relate the team they had in that Super Bowl to those dominating teams that came about a couple of years later. They forget that the year prior, to winning their first Super Bowl, that they were dead last at 5-7 in a 5 team Division, and trailed the 4th place team by 3 games. The year after their Super Bowl, the Pats went 9-7 and missed the playoffs all together in both years surrounding their unlikely SB win.

That Pats team had just not developed into the dominate team that Pats fans enjoy to this day. Even with all the spying that went on with Bill Bellicheck's teams since joining the Pats in 2000 they just weren't that dominate. As a matter of fact, they were the biggest dogs in Super Bowl history where the Rams were giving 14 points at game time!

The 2001 team was also fortunate in some ways, not just to be in the Super Bowl, but to actually win their Division, and lucky enough to get into the playoffs at all.

Winning 3 of 3 OT games in route to the Super Bowl helped (I would think the spying they did gave them just enough of an edge to keep those games close enough and win them too. Had they won only one of the two regular season OT games, they would have been a traveling Wild Card team vs either @ the LA Raiders or @ the Miami Dolphins, and a controversial call overturning a turnover put them in position to win one of those two for sure.

Had they lost them both, they would have missed the playoffs all together.

No, they were not yet the team we all know today, with the dominating future HOF Coach and the dominating future HOF QB.

They were just another NFL team at the time looking to make a playoff run and make something of it.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few thoughts on Pat fans statement 'if the Pats had filmed the walk though the game wouldn't have been close'

When some Pat fans talk about this game, they always seem to relate the team they had in that Super Bowl to those dominating teams that came about a couple of years later. They forget that the year prior, to winning their first Super Bowl, that they were dead last at 5-7 in a 5 team Division, and trailed the 4th place team by 3 games. The year after their Super Bowl, the Pats went 9-7 and missed the playoffs all together in both years surrounding their unlikely SB win.

That Pats team had just not developed into the dominate team that Pats fans enjoy to this day. Even with all the spying that went on with Bill Bellicheck's teams since joining the Pats in 2000 they just weren't that dominate. As a matter of fact, they were the biggest dogs in Super Bowl history where the Rams were giving 14 points at game time!

The 2001 team was also fortunate in some ways, not just to be in the Super Bowl, but to actually win their Division, and lucky enough to get into the playoffs at all.

Winning 3 of 3 OT games in route to the Super Bowl helped (I would think the spying they did gave them just enough of an edge to keep those game close enough and win them too. Had they won only one of the two regular season OT games, they would have been a traveling Wild Card team vs either @ the LA Raiders or @ the Miami Dolphins, and a controversial call overturning a turnover put them in position to win one of those two for sure.

Had they lost them both, they would have missed the playoff all together.

No, they were not yet the team we all know today, with the dominating future HOF Coach and the dominating future HOF QB.

They were just another NFL team at the time looking to make a playoff run and make something of it.
That was very well written.And gave a great breakdown.Into many variables throughout that 2001 season.A lot of people forget they did barely squeak into the play offs. And you are correct having advanced knowledge of other teams plays and signals.Would have played a very instrumental role in those close games. Stealing plays regardless of how it is done.Does not necessarily translate to a blow out. And that was by far not remotely close to the talent level the Patriots have had over the years.

The tuck rule was disbanded quickly for a reason.Their was a lot of backlash following that play. Which I believe was due to it being out in the open unlike the video taping. It was extremely hard to hide when everyone saw a fumble on the field.The discussion by the refs didn't help.It just made it look that much worse.Were it may not have been as bad if they were more decisive on the call on the field.Or even on the replay the confusion from the officials left a really bad impression through the league and viewers.

I can also see the point made by another Rams fan regarding 9/11. I don't generally believe in coincidence. And the Patriots wining the super bowl at the time. Could have been easily viewed as a feel good story at a time the nation needed that boost in patriotism.And something to feel good about in the wake of a tragic terrorist attack.

I remember watching that super bowl and something just felt off. You know I spent a great deal of time watching McGinest play.I'm a trojans fan. And he was a very elite player. But that was not the Willie McGinest I watched for years. Where he was making plays on talent and instinct. He appeared to be reacting as though he was dialed in on the plays before the ball was snapped. Thats an observation based on a lot of knowledge of a player I'm extremely familiar with. When you looked at the rest of their defense in relation.It only became more clear they knew the plays.

I think some Patriots fans mistake hate for their team.With other fan bases love of the game. Its not the team people hate but all the controversies surrounding the team. In relation to the integrity of a sport we are all very passionate about. I read an article not long ago that goes in the opposite direction and covers the events after the 2001 season. Discussing the 2001 season and how it created the Patriots we know know through a series of events.That tie back to the controversial 2001 season.And how things may have turned out if spygate never happened.Thats also why I believe we should give Faulk a ton of respect for speaking up. He's not just a class act or an all time great. He's also proven himself to be a man of honor. Who like us has a love of the game.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not only is your qb tainted, but your taste in vehicles is weak! :dhd:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^this is comical^^....didn't require more knowledge?? .....I wonder why those tapes were quickly destroyed then?? ....and to this day, I still cannot get a Patsy fan to give their opinion as to why they think the tapes were destroyed??.... Draft picks were taken away for what reason??.....Will someone please explain this to me???....:pop2:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was sharing some hyperbole since you were sharing some fictitious story about filming.

I didn't characterize Faulk as weak, I only mocked him because he is a whiner. Belichick dedicated one man (that was 7" taller and 70lbs heavier and pretty goddamn quick for a big guy) on a kill mission to smacking him down every time the ball was snapped. It worked for the entire 1st half which is an indictment on Martz and a feather in BB cap all at the same time.

I also disagree with your premise that the Rams lost because they were complacent. New England won 3 of 4 SB including that game. They was pretty good :thumb:

Just as I thought, another Patsie fan with running away from a legitimate question!....Pathetic! :L