• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mark Messier Leadership award finalist announced

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEY. HEY GUYS. STOP BEATING UP ON MARK. He guaranteed a win, you know. He's the only guy to ever do that and be right, you know.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEY. HEY GUYS. STOP BEATING UP ON MARK. He guaranteed a win, you know. He's the only guy to ever do that and be right, you know.

How many guys guaanteed a win, then went out and lead his team to victory scoring a hat-trick in the process?

#TheCaptain

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't wait for the Nick Foligno "Say crazy shit in the locker and have it actually work" award, then!

Although, that's a clunky name. Maybe it should be called the "Mind if I score" trophy.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many guys guaanteed a win, then went out and lead his team to victory scoring a hat-trick in the process?

#TheCaptain

Kevin Stevens when the Pens were down 2-0 in the ECF to Boston guaranteed they'd win in 6. They did, mostly because of him.

My point being that most of the time "the guarantee" is a pulled out of the butt statement. It's not like guys suddenly wanted to try harder. You don't have to change your opinion on the guy, because you have every right to idolize him...I just think those "guarantee" things are fun, but mostly luck.