• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mark Jackson was just fired!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
849158525.gif

I'm loving Lacob!

"There's a different CEO that may be required to achieve success at different stages of an organization's development," Lacob said. "When you're a startup company it's one thing, when you're a small-growth company it's one thing and when you're a mature company that's trying to reach a billion in sales -- or in this case win an NBA championship -- perhaps that's a different person. And we just felt overall we needed a different person."

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Rusty_SFChron 43s

Lacob indicated that Jackson was the right man to turn around the team's culture, but he isn't the right man to take the team to next level.

Pretty on par of what I think of jackson

Wow. I actually agree with Hanbombs...

Armageddon on its way.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson always, in so many words, let us know that the success of the Warriors was an act of god, so his firing must have been approved by The Almighty as well.

Adios jive preacher. Can't wait for a new teacher who knows the game inside and out and doesn't embarrass the franchise with his silly bible thumping. These are the Golden State Warriors, not the Christian Warriors. I only hope that he gets another coaching job so I don't have to hear his inane comments on the air, like his dumbass former partner, van Gumby.

Wow...anti-Chrisitian screed. I agree with the firing, but not the bigotry.

:kev:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennis always seems to run to Christian bashing. The whole team is Christian so if you hate them that much then pick a new team to follow. You almost sound like the racist Sterling without the money.
The clear hate you have for Christians is the same type of ignorant hate that got KKK Sterling booted out the NBA.
Grow up you racist bastard you sound ignorant!

Get 'em Joe! And tell Dennis to give us BOTH 20 push ups!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a championship roster top to bottom, and no coach is getting this team as currently constructed to the promised land. Jackson was fired because he didn't seen eye to eye with management. It's a simple as that.

Because this franchise has been so moribund, and Jackson has been so successful over the past two years, the rumors of his firing (and now his actual firing) have been discussed in the national media in depth. I've read dozens of articles, listened to sports talk radio and television, where coaches, former players and experts have voiced their opinions, and not one of them sees this team as having a championship quality roster and I agree. Very good, but not good enough.

The pressure is now on Myers to actually construct a team that has quality and depth top to bottom. A bench that ranked 23rd or 24th out of 30 teams in points scored and points differential and dead last in the NBA in fg % just isn't going to cut it.

For a significant portion of this year, Jackson's laughable selection of backup pg's were Toney, Nedovic and Bazemore. Toney never has been a floor general, Nedovic is really an undersized shooting guard, and Bazemore was a wing forced to play out of position.

34 year old Blake was an improvement, but is a mediocre offensive player, has alot of miles on him, and is an average defender at best. He was useless in the playoffs. Myers needs to beg, borrow or steal to upgrade this position as a start. Now that Jackson is gone, the pressure is really on Lacob/Myers to improve upon a 51 win season. How many of those have we had in the past 30 years? It's going to be interesting to say the least.

Great post and fair criticism. I think improvement starts with trading Avi...maybe we can upgrade the backup PG and backup PF (assuming Green will now start).

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...anti-Chrisitian screed. I agree with the firing, but not the bigotry.

:kev:
No, you wanker, said "screed" is exclusively anti-Jackson. He went over the top with his mixing of faith and business. The Golden State Warriors, like most all business institutions, is open to employing people of all faiths and ideologies. Since that is the case, religion is, for the most part, kept out of the workplace. Jackson was fostering a Christian clique within a secular organization, and I'm not comfy with that, and evidently, neither were Lacob and West.

And Mark Jackson is not a biblical scholar, a theologian, or a Reverend Doctor for whom I would have much respect; he's a hypocritical, jive fundamentalist preacher.

Accusations of bigotry and racism, or even hatred for that matter, by you and your new found mate, are so off base that they roll off my back.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before this becomes a four-alarm flaming battle, I will say once again that I am not anti-Christian (I am one), but I am against the mixing of religion and biz that Jackson had engaged in. My first reply to Joe, though punctuated with a "fuck off," clearly states my positions in regards to Christianity.

So Joe, if you'll forgo the insults, I will as well. We can either leave it here or carry on in a far more respectful and understanding manner. Heck, that would be the Christian thing to do.

Tweasel can simply piss off.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Dennis keep denying it but you are racist, bigot, full of hatred bastard.
Try and spin anyway you want, but it pours out in your post.

You don't have dumb anything down for me because I get!
You're an egotistical, full of yourself old man who thinks he's better then everyone else.
I hate to break it to you buddy but I probably make 3 times as much as your salary you ignorant fuck.
Next year tell me where you're sitting at the game and I'll come visit lol hahahaha.
Or do you even go to Warrior games???? Stick with coaching your sons soccer team and don't let them find out you hate Christians and Blacks!!!!

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennis I am not a finger pointing Christian. I just don't like when a man clearly hates a specific race, religion or people.
For some reason you come off very hard on Christians. I know Mark Jackson has made mistakes on and off the court but he did a good job for the Warriors while he was here.
It doesn't mean there isn't somone better out there, but what does that have to do with him being a Christian?

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Dennis keep denying it but you are racist, bigot, full of hatred bastard.
Try and spin anyway you want, but it pours out in your post.

You don't have dumb anything down for me because I get!
You're an egotistical, full of yourself old man who thinks he's better then everyone else.
I hate to break it to you buddy but I probably make 3 times as much as your salary you ignorant fuck.
Next year tell me where you're sitting at the game and I'll come visit lol hahahaha.
Or do you even go to Warrior games???? Stick with coaching your sons soccer team and don't let them find out you hate Christians and Blacks!!!!
Gosh joe, I guess you failed to read my last post before composing this. Now I hate blacks and I ain't a Warriors fan?

I am a Bay Area rat through and through. I'm not sure where you identified my hatred of African Americans, but as I attended school in both the Western Addition and Esat Palo Alto, I'll just laugh that one off. I attended My first San Francisco Warriors game at the Civic auditorium when I was nine. They lost to Dave Bing and the Pistons that night, but I have followed them ever since, through all seasons, lean or otherwise.

Now, shall we do a reset here?

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennis I am not a finger pointing Christian. I just don't like when a man clearly hates a specific race, religion or people.
For some reason you come off very hard on Christians. I know Mark Jackson has made mistakes on and off the court but he did a good job for the Warriors while he was here.
It doesn't mean there isn't somone better out there, but what does that have to do with him being a Christian?
Thanks for the respectful reply.

I've clearly stated my position on the mixing of faith and the work place. Jackson took that to an extreme. I want players of all faiths, or little to no faith at all, to want to come to the team and not feel like they have to attend chapel to belong. That's why, for the most part, we keep faith out of the work place.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the respectful reply.

I've clearly stated my position on the mixing of faith and the work place. Jackson took that to an extreme. I want players of all faiths, or little to no faith at all, to want to come to the team and not feel like they have to attend chapel to belong. That's why, for the most part, we keep faith out of the work place.

Couldn't agree more. I can't remember where I read it, but Bogut wasn't a fan. Aslo, there are guys like Omar Asik, Omri Cassipi, etc of different faiths. That simply doesn't fly in a religiously charged locker-room. I've been a part of teams like that, and you just don't feel like you're one of the guys. If you get the ball less, you wonder, if you play less minutes, you wonder...

I'm sure Bogut was questioning that as O'Neal was getting minutes down the stretch over him during the regular season.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is well deserved. Christianity as an institution breeds ignorance and bigotry.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby your statement is ridiculous and stupid!

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I opened up the theological can o' worms here, I feel somewhat responsible for keeping the conversation from degenerating into cyber-hostility.

Despite Toby making actual "ridiculous" comments last week that slurred bith Jews and gays, he's not entirely off base here. He simply uses too broad of a brush to paint the picture.

Fundamentalist mentality applied to any religion makes for trouble. Need I mention the problems with Islamic fundamentalists across the globe? American Christian fundamentalists are indoctrinated with dogma and selective interpretations of scripture that indeed breed both ignorance (to science) and bigotry (towards gays and non-Christians).

That said, there are many wonderful folks of all faiths around the world who live by the most basic and non-judgmental precepts of their religions, and turn their holy work towards helping their fellow man, especially the less fortunate among us.

There are less than a handful of references to a man lying with another man in The Bible while there are over 3000 mentions of helping the poor and downtrodden. It's all in the interpretation and application. Christianity, when practiced in a non-damning form, is a beautiful thing.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby your statement is ridiculous and stupid!

I suppose it is at least incorrect. Remaining ignorant on purpose because the information available does not suit your agenda, which is required in order to be a Christian, is not ignorant, it is stupid. I stand corrected.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I opened up the theological can o' worms here, I feel somewhat responsible for keeping the conversation from degenerating into cyber-hostility.

Despite Toby making actual "ridiculous" comments last week that slurred bith Jews and gays, he's not entirely off base here. He simply uses too broad of a brush to paint the picture.

Fundamentalist mentality applied to any religion makes for trouble. Need I mention the problems with Islamic fundamentalists across the globe? American Christian fundamentalists are indoctrinated with dogma and selective interpretations of scripture that indeed breed both ignorance (to science) and bigotry (towards gays and non-Christians).
That said, there are many wonderful folks of all faiths around the world who live by the most basic and non-judgmental precepts of their religions, and turn their holy work towards helping their fellow man, especially the less fortunate among us.

There are less than a handful of references to a man lying with another man in The Bible while there are over 3000 mentions of helping the poor and downtrodden. It's all in the interpretation and application. Christianity, when practiced in a non-damning form, is a beautiful thing.

Exactly my point. You just expressed it better. But where the hell did you get the idea that I do not like Jews? I admire that group of people more than any other I can think of.