• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners vs Braves Aug 21-23

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf is the matter with this team

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else surprised they won this game? 3 or 4 times I thought it was over.
Once they blew it I thought for sure it was over. They have a way of yo-yoing us man.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Details surrounding the contract of Mariners skipper Scott Servais weren’t reported or announced when he was initially hired, but MLB.com’s Jon Morosi reports today that Servais is signed through the 2018 season (Twitter link). That would indicate that the first-time manager inked a three-year deal in his first term at the helm in Seattle. While Servais’ Mariners aren’t guaranteed a postseason spot, they’re right in the thick of the Wild Card hunt, sitting just two games back. That’s an impressive feat for a Mariners team that has seen Felix Hernandez, James Paxton and Hisashi Iwakuma all spend significant time on the DL while projected rotation member Drew Smyly was lost for the year due to injuries without ever throwing a regular-season pitch.

Even considering the injuries, we are still a few games back of where we should be. That's because of Servais's ineptitude in managing the team.

This post makes it seem as if Servais has guided this team to success despite the injuries, and by mentioning the contract implies that whoever wrote it thinks that Servais should be having contract extension talks soon.

If you were to evaluate Servais by WAR, he's at like -3 right now. I genuinely believe his decisions have cost us at least 3 games.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, I thought it hit the bat at first with how loud it hit his wrist. Sounded like it was hit off the bat, probably why they ruled it a foul at first.

I don't know jack shit about injuries, but there is no way he doesn't spend significant time on the DL after that.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heredia's wrist is probably broken.

Looks like he couldn't move anything in his hand. My friend broke her wrist last night outside the bar (I enjoyed spending 4 hours at the UW med center) and she looked to have the same issues as Heredia. I don't know shit, but he's probably gonna be in a cast for at least 3 weeks.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heredia's wrist is probably broken.

Looks like he couldn't move anything in his hand. My friend broke her wrist last night outside the bar (I enjoyed spending 4 hours at the UW med center) and she looked to have the same issues as Heredia. I don't know shit, but he's probably gonna be in a cast for at least 3 weeks.

Never mind on that. Watched the end of the video, and he was able to use his fingers to take the glove off. I have no idea what the extent of the injury is.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind on that. Watched the end of the video, and he was able to use his fingers to take the glove off. I have no idea what the extent of the injury is.

That was my one hope when I saw it. But on the slow play it looked like his bone snapped. Ugly no matter what.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We had a lot of outfielders on the roster and getting [Mitch] Haniger back here, who had a nice year, we were looking at the options here," Servais said. "I hate to send anyone down, especially Leonys. We love him, and that was the decision we made."

"I think it is best for our club now," Servais said. "If Leonys doesn't get claimed, he will be back with us in September."

---------------

:L

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We had a lot of outfielders on the roster and getting [Mitch] Haniger back here, who had a nice year, we were looking at the options here," Servais said. "I hate to send anyone down, especially Leonys. We love him, and that was the decision we made."

"I think it is best for our club now," Servais said. "If Leonys doesn't get claimed, he will be back with us in September."

---------------

:L

It's like this team keeps winning in spite of management rather than because of management. They're doing everything they can to burn the ship, but the grit of this team won't allow it to sink.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Cano's injury

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamstring refuses to sprint. Out 3-5 years.

The sad thing is, if this team hadn't suffered so many injuries I'd find this funny. I'm so fucking frustrated with all of these injuries that I can't even find comedy in it anymore.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad thing is, if this team hadn't suffered so many injuries I'd find this funny. I'm so fucking frustrated with all of these injuries that I can't even find comedy in it anymore.

At what point do you start looking at the training methods and training staff?

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty early on for me since I mentioned this back in May or June.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure. I think some of these things are bad luck (like Heredia getting hit where he did). Also some of it has to do with personal conditioning. So I'm honestly unsure where to place the blame there.