• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners vs Braves Aug 21-23

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano is officially performing at below replacement level status offensively. And we get 6 more years, goodie.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano is officially performing at below replacement level status offensively. And we get 6 more years, goodie.

It's been 15 years without a playoff appearance, our starting rotation is hanging by a thread, our GM has traded the few prospects worth anything for average talent, and yet we are still only one game from a WC spot in the beginning of killing a dreaded road trip.

Why point out random negativity? Is the roller coaster of a season not enough?

Enjoy the good stretch we're in buddy, it's ok ;-)

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been 15 years without a playoff appearance, our starting rotation is hanging by a thread, our GM has traded the few prospects worth anything for average talent, and yet we are still only one game from a WC spot in the beginning of killing a dreaded road trip.

Why point out random negativity? Is the roller coaster of a season not enough?

Enjoy the good stretch we're in buddy, it's ok ;-)

I'm rooting for them. No doubt. Just frustrating because we would be in control of a WC spot if he was having an average year. When 5-6 WAR player is performing like a 2 WAR player, that's a huge difference in a race this tight. I hope his turnaround starts today

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rooting for them. No doubt. Just frustrating because we would be in control of a WC spot if he was having an average year. When 5-6 WAR player is performing like a 2 WAR player, that's a huge difference in a race this tight. I hope his turnaround starts today

I hear yuh.

I guess those stats fall way down the line for me in the woulda should coulda aspects of our season.

We are throwing everything but the kitchen sink on the mound every night, Servais has allowed spoiled bullpen arms continue to pitch to the point our offense has no chance to recover, Diaz has blown 4 saves, our lineup has changed all year long due to injuries, and yet we are a single game out of a playoff spot. Not to make excuses before we know the outcome, but if this team misses the playoffs it won't be because we didn't have the talent and surely it won't be because Robbie is having an off year; personally, I don't think Robbie is at full health.

I've had my fare share of complaining at this team in the moment, but this team looks as good as anyone vying for a playoff spot when they are clicking. Let's just hope they continue to click cause if they do we are in.

Win tonight, get the series, and hope for a sweep.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear yuh.

I guess those stats fall way down the line for me in the woulda should coulda aspects of our season.

We are throwing everything but the kitchen sink on the mound every night, Servais has allowed spoiled bullpen arms continue to pitch to the point our offense has no chance to recover, Diaz has blown 4 saves, our lineup has changed all year long due to injuries, and yet we are a single game out of a playoff spot. Not to make excuses before we know the outcome, but if this team misses the playoffs it won't be because we didn't have the talent and surely it won't be because Robbie is having an off year; personally, I don't think Robbie is at full health.

I've had my fare share of complaining at this team in the moment, but this team looks as good as anyone vying for a playoff spot when they are clicking. Let's just hope they continue to click cause if they do we are in.

Win tonight, get the series, and hope for a sweep.

On top of that, we've had 37 different pitchers take the mound this year... 16 of those were starters... That's crazy...

upload_2017-8-22_13-18-8.png

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On top of that, we've had 37 different pitchers take the mound this year... 16 of those were starters... That's crazy...

View attachment 164933

I hear that a lot in the media, but truth be told while some is do to injury a lot is do to just crappy pitchers being shuttled back and forth trying to hit the pitching lotto.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that a lot in the media, but truth be told while some is do to injury a lot is do to just crappy pitchers being shuttled back and forth trying to hit the pitching lotto.

Bottom line is the rotation was built on injury risks and question marks. Granted having the entire rotation hurt is unusual but Dipoto hasn't exactly shown me he can identity pitching talent yet.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok my last gripe, hopefully. On the day you are putting Cruz in right, why would you not have Martin or Heredia in CF. Really an appropriate time to experiment with Haniger in CF? Also keep in mind we have flyball pitcher on the mound. Maybe this belongs in the Servais love thread. Sorry rant over.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok my last gripe, hopefully. On the day you are putting Cruz in right, why would you not have Martin or Heredia in CF. Really an appropriate time to experiment with Haniger in CF? Also keep in mind we have flyball pitcher on the mound. Maybe this belongs in the Servais love thread. Sorry rant over.

I just went through this with my wife before logging on here to make the same bitch. No problem using Cruz, but Martin makes the most sense because of a righty on the mound. Heredia was my first mention but could understand because of the R-L matchup.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is the rotation was built on injury risks and question marks. Granted having the entire rotation hurt is unusual but Dipoto hasn't exactly shown me he can identity pitching talent yet.

Not as unusual as one might think when you build it with brittle pitchers with a history of issues. One might say it was more likely for this to happen than not. And of course the Mariner luck has the worst pitcher going into the season coming out as the healthiest pitcher for the season.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just imagine if you were actually running on that Cano

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was an ugly clusterfuck.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao at Seager wow

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zunino has three 2-hit games in his last five starts. Just sayin'.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is tough to watch... 0 runs so far tonight against an average pitcher... And then Seager with is errors? ugh