• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners @ Royals 4/9 - 4/11

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows what happens in the game tonite ... the 2018 Mariners have no identity

Felix could dominate and we win 7-1 or he could get shelled again and it's another 10-0 shellacking back to backer

I had much higher hopes about a week ago than what I have right now about this team

8/162 games in at the time of this post. Can you give em a minute?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Aaron Goldsmith have absolutely no emotion? When Seager hit that double, he didn't change his voice inflection at all. He didn't seem excited whatsoever. At least Dave Sims pretends he's excited.

Goldy needs the full time TV gig. Have you heard some of his other calls? He has so much more emotion and passion than a guy like Sims, who couldn't tell a pop up to short from a 440ft bomb if his life depended on it.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edwin Diaz is a bad bad man.

4IP 0H 0BB 11K

That's a stupid little line right there.

He was in because he needed work to stay sharp. Who cares if the Royals know what our closer has? Every team has tape. His stuff is good enough he could yell what he's throwing and you wouldn't hit it. Just needs command, which he's showing in spades after opening night.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid outing for Felix and good bounce back last night. That's why you don't overvalue a bad game like Monday's. It absolutely doesn't mean you cannot come back and play well the next game. That's just baseball. And last night's game doesn't mean today is going to be easy. Each game is its own.

Should have a good chance to take the series if Pax throws like the did last time out, and coming home 6-4 is an acceptable start to the season...especially when you consider we've been w/o 2 starting position players for all of it and the AL's best DH for most of it.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldy needs the full time TV gig. Have you heard some of his other calls? He has so much more emotion and passion than a guy like Sims, who couldn't tell a pop up to short from a 440ft bomb if his life depended on it.

I may be the odd man out here, but I can't stand Goldsmith and his over exaggerated calls. He seems like a guy that has been calling games in his bedroom since he was 10 years old, but it feels like he spent that time trying to imitate what that spot in the booth is supposed to sound like rather than approaching calls naturally/organically. That being said, I listened to him call a Husky basketball game for the first time this last year and he was great. I think he is much better suited for basketball rather than baseball. Give me Sims all day, I'm a fan.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer Goldsmith over Simms but don't really feel strongly towards Goldsmith. Maybe its just being spoiled all those years with Dave and it will never be the same. I think both Goldsmith and Simms are better at other sports as well.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win. Don't see the use in putting Diaz out there though.
He hadn't pitched in a week so I was all for getting him some work. That was a major issue last year as there weren't many save opportunities in the beginning of the year so he was in no rhythm it seemed like. I personally loved that he still brought it in a low leverage spot. Those were situations were it seemed like he wasn't as focused in the past.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was at first yesterday too, he is trying to play the LH RH matchup gotta be. Duffy was tough on LH batters last season. I am glad they are getting Romine in there he hasn't played much.

I know that he played there yesterday and that they are playing matchups, but with Healy going down I was hoping for more Vogel-bomb rather than a guy who started the season in AAA taking first base opportunities away.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If top 4 does not deliver 3 or more rbi this game ... our chances of winning ( even with Paxton ) drops below 50-50 shot.

Cano is a good sit as it gives him 2+ full days of rest before Fri nite back home with Oakland. Going to be cold and wet in Seattle. Not the greatest weather for a team with a history of injuries. Especially early season

Rolling back into home 6-4 record will be a bigger high than 5-5 for sure.

Normally I like our chances with Paxton - but an 0-2 start and not looking like he is in control of his pitches or the game is worrisome. He may claim vaginitis after another bad start so he can sit out a month and refocus

as for Motter ... back to his bad habit of alot of Ks

Only 6 at bats thus far ... but 3 strike outs. he has to start making contact if he wants to stay out of Tacoma and with the big club

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that he played there yesterday and that they are playing matchups, but with Healy going down I was hoping for more Vogel-bomb rather than a guy who started the season in AAA taking first base opportunities away.
Going against a lefty starter, Vogelbach isnt a very good defender, he has 8 Ks so far to only 1 walk in 24 PAs, and he has a grand total of 1 extra base hit this season. What am I missing?

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going against a lefty starter, Vogelbach isnt a very good defender, he has 8 Ks so far to only 1 walk in 24 PAs, and he has a grand total of 1 extra base hit this season. What am I missing?

Yea Vogelbach has been effectively iced down by Servais coming out of ST

With Healy out likely all of next home series ... I vote ride Dan V at 1b starter every game no matter lefty pitcher and let him sink or swim. Give him 7 straight games infront of the hometown crowd and start in the field and see if he can put up big league numbers.

That gets him settled in knowing he plays every day. 1 week later you have a good idea if he is ready or Tacoma is the better option.

if unsure after a week of steady play ... keep putting him in with the lefty righty matchups and hope he gets hot and stays hot when played occasionally

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have seen him make some great plays ! You are so wrong waaaa waaa waaa :pound:

How dare you say he is not a very good defender !

---------------------------------------------

2 can play the same game you fucking jerk

back story to my reply above:

My word play?? Whatever dude. You said things like "zero chance" and "NEVER" happening....when it just fuggin happened!! But it's now my word play, and ERA is a skewed stat anyway (then why did you bring it up??)? Hilarious stuff.

geesh dude kennel up or get back on your meds

You want me to micro analyze every single word you type and reply like I am on the cock back at you ?

Its a fucking chat room about baseball ... people tossing out thoughts ideas predictions etc etc ... its not the supreme court diessecting the wording of a specific law in a death penatly case

But you do what makes you feel good bud

its just as easy for me to ignore your replies as to respond to them

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen him make some great plays ! You are so wrong waaaa waaa waaa :pound:

How dare you say he is not a very good defender !

---------------------------------------------

2 can play the same game you fucking jerk
At least I feature some objectivity. You're just coming up with anecdotal bs for the sake of being disagreeable....and now also getting personal. You can roll on with that one by yourself.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree he's substantially better than Sims, but there have been times he sounds quite morose. Sometimes his emotion sounds very forced.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've noticed Robbie has been really patient so far this year. That's his 7th walk this year.