• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners @ Royals 4/9 - 4/11

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buckey Jacobson was the last guy I remember I couldn't wait to see hit. Had the Vogelbach feel

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man what a tag by Motter. If Vogelbach leaped that high and came down he'd probably implode 1st base and possibly the runner!

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well 1 for 5 is not a great day at the plate for Seager ... but at least he drove in a couple runs with the 1 hit he did get.

Looks like we got this wrapped up tonite. Gotta win the game tomorrow just to prove to themselves they can win 2 games in a row away from Safeco

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets show the Royals what pitches our closer has when we have a 8-3 lead.

Servais, yes!

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't complain too much about this game. The Paxman is going to have to get us into a series win...as long as our offense shows up. :hope:

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win. Don't see the use in putting Diaz out there though.

Gives him alittle game work to keep him sharp.

Hasn't thrown much over the past 4 day run and we have an off day after KC game tomorrow.
He can easily throw 9th inning tomorrow if needed.

I think its a good move as it keeps him sharp and allows him to work on his stuff in a non save situation

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really need to get getting Gamel Cruz and Zunino back, as it will change the complexion of our club alot.

Bottom half of the order is really struggling.

Top 4 guys are producing 85% of the offense

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win... That is the kind of start we should want from Felix. Would have been nice for him to get the last out in the 6th but really happy with his start today.

Everyone was involved in the offense today too which is good to see, much better... The Royals starter didn't look very good, I think i heard it mentioned he hadn't pitched for some time.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really need to get getting Gamel Cruz and Zunino back, as it will change the complexion of our club alot.

Bottom half of the order is really struggling.

Top 4 guys are producing 85% of the offense

For sure... Haniger is holding his own in the 4th slot but Seager is really off to a slow start and beyond that it's a bit of a mess. Pretty abysmal after 1-4... get Cruz back in 4th and then Haniger/Seager/Gamel/Zuni and that could be decent. Seager will probably come around.

According to latest reports we get all these guys back towards end of week. All were fairly minor injuries although I think they said they may work Zuni in a little slow. But Gamel/Cruz should be straight back to the active roster.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rizz doing play by play and Sims doing commentary I think would do well.

Really love Buhner's commentary. Said this way too many times, but he has great stories and is interesting to listen to.

Buhner on the broadcast is much like Vin Scully. During dead time or boring time he can fill time with stories but on a dime can get back into the game when something good happens.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buhner on the broadcast is much like Vin Scully. During dead time or boring time he can fill time with stories but on a dime can get back into the game when something good happens.

I know I am in the minority, but I liked listening to Ron Fairly's stories...at least the first time around. Of course I am old so there is that.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I am in the minority, but I liked listening to Ron Fairly's stories...at least the first time around. Of course I am old so there is that.

He was like that too, but he wasn't anywhere near Buhner's ability (to me anyways) to be telling a story, hyping up a big play, then back to his story...but Ron was the play by play guy so I guess I can't fault him as Dave was a hell of a color guy, but Scully did both. John Madden kind of ruined the broadcast industry.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was like that too, but he wasn't anywhere near Buhner's ability (to me anyways) to be telling a story, hyping up a big play, then back to his story...but Ron was the play by play guy so I guess I can't fault him as Dave was a hell of a color guy, but Scully did both. John Madden kind of ruined the broadcast industry.

I was never a big Scully fan. I respect the heck out of what he accomplished, but I was never into the continued story telling. Dave was thrall time greatest in my book. I could listen to him forever. I like Buhner because he isn't a company man sort to speak. No filter I guess and I like that. Dave Henderson was tolerable for me as well.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never a big Scully fan. I respect the heck out of what he accomplished, but I was never into the continued story telling. Dave was thrall time greatest in my book. I could listen to him forever. I like Buhner because he isn't a company man sort to speak. No filter I guess and I like that. Dave Henderson was tolerable for me as well.

I'm to young for Cossell but heard he was good. I liked Scully when I was younger, mostly because he was on national games, but it seemed like every game he called I learned something new about the game and a different perspective in life. Dave is an all timer just sad he doesn't get the respect because he was an announcer for the M's. I like Rizz, and that's about it with the new crew. Sims seems like an amazing dude, but (I can't give a reason why) but I can't stand any time he is on a call whether it be baseball or football.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sims seems like an amazing dude, but (I can't give a reason why) but I can't stand any time he is on a call whether it be baseball or football.

Totally agree.

I'm to young for Cossell but heard he was good.

He was. He was an original. He had it all until he said ""Look at that little monkey run!" on national TV regarding an African American football player. I don't think he meant it in the way people took it because he was quoted as calling white players and his own grandchildren little monkeys.

For college football games I loved Keith Jackson. He was the best.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree.

He was. He was an original. He had it all until he said ""Look at that little monkey run!" on national TV regarding an African American football player. I don't think he meant it in the way people took it because he was quoted as calling white players and his own grandchildren little monkeys.

For college football games I loved Keith Jackson. He was the best.

Well obviously Keith Jackson is the GOAT. He did go to the most prestigious university in all the country. Without Keith Jackson on the call I don't think the Rose Bowl ever became as prestigious as it is today. The Cotton Bowl, Sun Bowl and Orange Bowl were all just as big of bowls nationally when Keith became the voice of the Rose Bowl.

I heard about Howard's call and all but can't imagine he was a racist. The most famous black athlete in the world supposedly befriended him. Ali's background at the time doesn't say I'm going to be friends with a racist white dude. But like I said I'm too young for that era so it's just from video clips and books/slanted biographies.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Almost like a twisted ankle isn't such a huge deal
tenor.gif

Just giving you shit man. You're a good poster even with that fucking NY logo below your pic.