• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mac Jones

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Jones looks so poised and polished in this game against Cleveland. Goddamn Shanahan for not picking him.D
Didn't he basically just do what Alex Smith got heavily criticized around here for doing though? He threw a lot of screens and short passes? Death by a thousand cuts style offense? Between here and the old ESPN board there were many discussions about how we couldn't win a Super Bowl with that type of QB. It looks great when the defense is doing their job, but what happens when you fall behind? That was always the knock on Alex. That's why we went with the bigger upside in Lance over Jones. No one ever disputed Jones would be better in year 1. The real deciding factor between the two will likely be in year 3. If Jones is ever going to be more than he is now we'll see it by year 3. If Lance is going to be the multi-faceted threat we all imagined him to be then it should be showing by year 3.

If our Defense was anywhere near as good as New England's right now we'd be 6-2 or 5-3 with decent odds to get a win Monday Night. The Defense has only twice this year held teams to under 28 points. New England has only twice allowed more than 28 points.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he basically just do what Alex Smith got heavily criticized around here for doing though? He threw a lot of screens and short passes? Death by a thousand cuts style offense? Between here and the old ESPN board there were many discussions about how we couldn't win a Super Bowl with that type of QB. It looks great when the defense is doing their job, but what happens when you fall behind? That was always the knock on Alex. That's why we went with the bigger upside in Lance over Jones. No one ever disputed Jones would be better in year 1. The real deciding factor between the two will likely be in year 3. If Jones is ever going to be more than he is now we'll see it by year 3. If Lance is going to be the multi-faceted threat we all imagined him to be then it should be showing by year 3.

If our Defense was anywhere near as good as New England's right now we'd be 6-2 or 5-3 with decent odds to get a win Monday Night. The Defense has only twice this year held teams to under 28 points. New England has only twice allowed more than 28 points.
He rifled a td pass between two defenders to Bourne. It was at least 20-25 yards. He threw a great over the top long ball as well to another receiver. he is special. Imagine if he had quality receivers instead of scrubs. Besides if he was throwing short on the 49ers he'd be perfect with all the RAC receivers we have like Samuel, Kittle. Aiyuk and Kyle J.
As for today's game from Jones, I'll take 19 for 23 for 200 yards and 3 TD passes every Sunday from my QB.

Lance looks so bad with his throwing technique, I don't know if he'll ever be anything special.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... can we stop comparing Mac and Lance at this point? Mac has been playing with the 1's for three months now. We knew he was the most NFL ready at the time. F@ck yes, he's making the most of his time there. You know who else is starting to look good now that they've had time to settle in and learn the position at the pro-level? Justin Fields. His last two games looked friggin great. I was in Chicago and saw him with my own eyes - the dude is learning on the job and progressing. That's what happens when the coaches commit to you and give you REAL playing time experience.

To suggest that somehow we've seen enough of Lance to determine his potential given his experience, lack of playing time and where he played is laughable to me. Sounds like a bunch of message board howler monkeys.

Mac is looking good. Fields is starting to look good. They're both getting playing time. Any comparison is an apple and an orange right now.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... can we stop comparing Mac and Lance at this point? Mac has been playing with the 1's for three months now. We knew he was the most NFL ready at the time. F@ck yes, he's making the most of his time there. You know who else is starting to look good now that they've had time to settle in and learn the position at the pro-level? Justin Fields. His last two games looked friggin great. I was in Chicago and saw him with my own eyes - the dude is learning on the job and progressing. That's what happens when the coaches commit to you and give you REAL playing time experience.

To suggest that somehow we've seen enough of Lance to determine his potential given his experience, lack of playing time and where he played is laughable to me. Sounds like a bunch of message board howler monkeys.

Mac is looking good. Fields is starting to look good. They're both getting playing time. Any comparison is an apple and an orange right now.
that's just great cause we don't have either one
I wonder if the Niners did want Jones all along but folded under the pressure from the talking heads and more vocal fans

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's just great cause we don't have either one
I wonder if the Niners did want Jones all along but folded under the pressure from the talking heads and more vocal fans
I think it was more about who we face 4 times a year in Murray and Wilson, and the general movement towards athletic freaks like Jackson and Allen. Seems like Kyle was challenged to think outside the box... maybe caught up in the moment and went away from his intuition? I dunno. But they made the pick, and we really haven't seen Lance get quality time... not enough to smooth over the 'nerves'. Mac and Fields are past the 'nerves' (both were highly criticized early-on). Maybe Lance never gets over it. Maybe he sucks. As a fan, I hope to GOD that's not the case. But it's certainly a possibility.

None of it matters, because we aren't going to see him until the team is mathematically eliminated. This win is worth like 2-3 more starts for JG minimum, imo. :noidea:

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was more about who we face 4 times a year in Murray and Wilson, and the general movement towards athletic freaks like Jackson and Allen. Seems like Kyle was challenged to think outside the box... maybe caught up in the moment and went away from his intuition? I dunno. But they made the pick, and we really haven't seen Lance get quality time... not enough to smooth over the 'nerves'. Mac and Fields are past the 'nerves' (both were highly criticized early-on). Maybe Lance never gets over it. Maybe he sucks. As a fan, I hope to GOD that's not the case. But it's certainly a possibility.

None of it matters, because we aren't going to see him until the team is mathematically eliminated. This win is worth like 2-3 more starts for JG minimum, imo. :noidea:
Yep nothing left to do but stand by and wait t see what happens. But of course that's always been the only course of action for the fan