• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mac Jones

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Shanahan let this guy get away? He would have been perfect for the 49ers with all our run after catch guys. Completed 19 in a row with no run game 80 percent completion percentage. Our guy looked ok but Jones is the real deal and ready to go now

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac played lights out. You haven't even seen what Lance is capable of, though. So just chill out before you start the Dunning Kruger analysis with the benefit of hindsight, lol. This may end up being the case, but my lord... we knew we were drafting a project with a much higher ceiling. Acting like the die is forever cast seems like a rush to judgment.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac played lights out. You haven't even seen what Lance is capable of, though. So just chill out before you start the Dunning Kruger analysis with the benefit of hindsight, lol. This may end up being the case, but my lord... we knew we were drafting a project with a much higher ceiling. Acting like the die is forever cast seems like a rush to judgment.
Jones would be a perfect fit for guys like Samuel, Kittle and Aiyuk. I saw some good things from Lance but he is awful in the pocket and only did well on broken plays and you cannot build an offense on broken plays.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the ceiling talk is fake. Just like Cam's fake ceiling, Blake bortles ceiling, wentz's ceiling. Mac is going to keep getting better and better just like Tom Brady kept getting better and better. There was no imaginary cap on Tom's "ceiling."

What you really man is "hope and pray." You are hoping and praying that Lance can ever get it the way Mac Jones gets it already. What a stupid move to let him get away when he's right there in your lap.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones would be a perfect fit for guys like Samuel, Kittle and Aiyuk. I saw some good things from Lance but he is awful in the pocket and only did well on broken plays and you cannot build an offense on broken plays.
Wait you don't want the Eagles' Jalen Hurts' offense? :rofl:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait you don't want the Eagles' Jalen Hurts' offense? :rofl:
Ha ha! No. You can't work on broken plays in practice. But I am rooting for Hurts. I don't like they way he was treated at Alabama so I want him to be successful

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the ceiling talk is fake. Just like Cam's fake ceiling, Blake bortles ceiling, wentz's ceiling. Mac is going to keep getting better and better just like Tom Brady kept getting better and better. There was no imaginary cap on Tom's "ceiling."

What you really man is "hope and pray." You are hoping and praying that Lance can ever get it the way Mac Jones gets it already. What a stupid move to let him get away when he's right there in your lap.
tell me again who is "hoping and praying"?

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the good things that Jones did, he still lost the game. Just like Lance did. And Lance came in when everyone knew he had to make all the plays for them to have a chance. Look, you may end up being right... the die might be cast and Lance might never settle down in the pocket and throw the ball with touch. And if you're right there isn't anyone else to blame but Shanahan/Lynch. They'll probably be fired if it pans out that way. The extra dimensions that Lance brings to the table were on display Sunday, and they made a difference when things broke down.... which is a good thing. That's the definition of what this type of player brings to the table. I'm willing to wait and see how he develops before making a call.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the good things that Jones did, he still lost the game. Just like Lance did. And Lance came in when everyone knew he had to make all the plays for them to have a chance. Look, you may end up being right... the die might be cast and Lance might never settle down in the pocket and throw the ball with touch. And if you're right there isn't anyone else to blame but Shanahan/Lynch. They'll probably be fired if it pans out that way. The extra dimensions that Lance brings to the table were on display Sunday, and they made a difference when things broke down.... which is a good thing. That's the definition of what this type of player brings to the table. I'm willing to wait and see how he develops before making a call.
That much is definitely true. Just the way he winds up like a pitcher to throw the ball worries me. I don't know how you correct that. Its really easy to see where the ball is going because with the windup it takes forever to be delivered.
Jones has the Brady and Rodgers quick release. That makes up for so much that his ball velocity lacks.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That much is definitely true. Just the way he winds up like a pitcher to throw the ball worries me. I don't know how you correct that. Its really easy to see where the ball is going because with the windup it takes forever to be delivered.
Jones has the Brady and Rodgers quick release. That makes up for so much that his ball velocity lacks.
He's got a lot to clean up, for sure... throwing mechanics, footwork, ball velocity and grip (he rarely throws a clean spiral). The biggest thing is confidence - he looks timid out there and it takes a while for him to settle in.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a lot to clean up, for sure... throwing mechanics, footwork, ball velocity and grip (he rarely throws a clean spiral). The biggest thing is confidence - he looks timid out there and it takes a while for him to settle in.
At least you were paying attention

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell me again who is "hoping and praying"?
Mac already knows how to carry himself on a professional field, it's not too fast for him. He knows how to think the game. He knows how to go through his progressions and how to take what the defense is giving him.

Mac will be building on what he's already good at, while Lance is still trying to get caught up. They'll both be gaining experience at the same time and Lance will never catch up.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac already knows how to carry himself on a professional field, it's not too fast for him. He knows how to think the game. He knows how to go through his progressions and how to take what the defense is giving him.

Mac will be building on what he's already good at, while Lance is still trying to get caught up. They'll both be gaining experience at the same time and Lance will never catch up.
That may end up being the case, but I think you're comparing an apple and an orange.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is very impressive. Got the Cowboys on the ropes.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. The entire fandom turned on Alex Smith after a few bad seasons, and then despite his success and loyalty, ran him off as soon as they thought the heir apparent had arrived in Kaepernick. Turns out Alex Smith was pretty good and went on to help turn the Chiefs franchise into what it is today. Kaepernick meanwhile was out of the NFL 4 years later and still can't find a team to give him another chance.

Mac Jones is doing well and looks like the top QB from this Draft, but you could have said the same thing about Deshaun Watson in 2017. No one would put him above Mahomes now. Mac Jones also ended up in the best situation of any Rookie QB other than Lance, but unlike Lance was far more prepared to start right away coming off of a full season of college football.

I still think Lawerence will end up being the best QB of this Draft class and Zach Wilson by far the biggest bust. Fields and Lance are playmakers. Once they get use to the speed and feel of the game they will be hard to stop just like Wilson, Murray, Jackson, Allen, and Mahomes. Jones could very well be Brady and Manning like, but he will likely always need playmakers around him which is the very criticism this fanbase put on Alex Smith. We couldn't win with him because he wasn't the playmaker. The Patriots are 2-4 so clearly their struggling to win.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its not surprising Mac Jones is doing better than the other rookie QB's. It was well known his intangibles was the highest and would translate to the NFL the fastest.

The "knock" on him was his ceiling which only time will tell? The other rookie QB's may or may not ever match intangibles with Mac Jones, but they won't have to match. They just need to come close because they have other talent/skills that Mac Jones doesn't have. The 49ers want to add dynamic ability in the QB, and i agree. It was well known Lance would need the most time to acclimate, so not surprising with him either. Some people were saying an entire season on the bench so if we go on that basis, he's ahead of expectations.

But fans being fans, we expect instant All-Pro.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. The entire fandom turned on Alex Smith after a few bad seasons, and then despite his success and loyalty, ran him off as soon as they thought the heir apparent had arrived in Kaepernick. Turns out Alex Smith was pretty good and went on to help turn the Chiefs franchise into what it is today. Kaepernick meanwhile was out of the NFL 4 years later and still can't find a team to give him another chance.

Mac Jones is doing well and looks like the top QB from this Draft, but you could have said the same thing about Deshaun Watson in 2017. No one would put him above Mahomes now. Mac Jones also ended up in the best situation of any Rookie QB other than Lance, but unlike Lance was far more prepared to start right away coming off of a full season of college football.

I still think Lawerence will end up being the best QB of this Draft class and Zach Wilson by far the biggest bust. Fields and Lance are playmakers. Once they get use to the speed and feel of the game they will be hard to stop just like Wilson, Murray, Jackson, Allen, and Mahomes. Jones could very well be Brady and Manning like, but he will likely always need playmakers around him which is the very criticism this fanbase put on Alex Smith. We couldn't win with him because he wasn't the playmaker. The Patriots are 2-4 so clearly their struggling to win.
Wilson, Murray, Allen and Mahomes all have good people around them. Patriots won the SB in 2019 and then in 2019 the wheels started to wobble and without a couple (Gronk,Edelman) of studs, Brady couldn't do it himself. Mac Jones has a 71.4% completion rate and has a bag of donuts for WRs. Put NE's WRs on the Seahawks, Bills, Chiefs or Ravens and my guess is that none of them would be better than 2-4. Give Mac the Cowboys, Chiefs or Bucs WRs and my guess is that he'd be 5-1 maybe 6-0 and have a 88% completion rate.

One other thing, Mac hasn't had the same Oline for more than one game. The last two he's three or four back ups playing in front of him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson, Murray, Allen and Mahomes all have good people around them. Patriots won the SB in 2019 and then in 2019 the wheels started to wobble and without a couple (Gronk,Edelman) of studs, Brady couldn't do it himself. Mac Jones has a 71.4% completion rate and has a bag of donuts for WRs. Put NE's WRs on the Seahawks, Bills, Chiefs or Ravens and my guess is that none of them would be better than 2-4. Give Mac the Cowboys, Chiefs or Bucs WRs and my guess is that he'd be 5-1 maybe 6-0 and have a 88% completion rate.

One other thing, Mac hasn't had the same Oline for more than one game. The last two he's three or four back ups playing in front of him.
No they didn't.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Jones looks so poised and polished in this game against Cleveland. Goddamn Shanahan for not picking him.