• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: LSU - Wisconsin Game Thread/10k post

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get your shit together Wisconsin and win the B1G.

TIA

oh....change QB's

and give your Heisman candidate RB a few more carries......

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice avy Smart :dhd:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just fucking WOW!, if true....

Wisky Fans

Andersen talked about a "scenario" with Melvin at the half. Everyone says Melvin was healthy. It makes sense. I saw this on other Badger boards shortly after the game.

There has been some talk of players and coaches being bewildered at how high the coaches are on Tanner. The media seemed to think Stave looked better in camp. Clearly, Stave is better than what we saw yesterday.

I'm really over Ludwig at this point. I thought he was a weak hire at the time, and he has done nothing to change my mind. I love Gary Andersen as a defensive mastermind. Dave Aranda is one of the country's best defensive minds. But if Coach A is gonna keep relying on Ludwig, none of that is gonna matter.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin will always be successful in the Big Ten because of their run and grind it out style of offense suits the conference well. But they are never national contenders because you need a dynamic QB to win it all. Unless you have the number 1 defense like Alabama that is. This is why Wisconsin is always around 10-2 but always seems to lose their bowl game. TCU, Oregon, Stanford, South Carolina, etc etc etc. it's a fucking trend. Their best chance was 2011 with Wilson, but their defense was shit at the end if games and he wasn't developed yet.

So I expect Wisconsin to finish 10-2 maybe 9-3 even with shit WB play because it will work in the Big Ten running the ball up the middle every other play for 8 yards with their good RB and good fat linemen. Then they will lose again on New Years to a better out of conference team. Wisconsin fans deserve better. It is ridiculous they can't recruit a good QB out of high school.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wisky Fans

I doubt it's true, the posts in the thread that are on the debunking side make the most sense.

Plus Smart thinks it's true, so that pretty much seals it as being not true.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bro, just say it..... You know you want to make that bold statement about Iowa being the shit this season in the West.

I already picked iowa to win the west. Lots of people have

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit! How the head coach can say, I don't know how Gordon only got 3 carries after the half, makes me wonder what the hell he does. If he actually implicitly trusts Ludwig to run the O, he's just as stupid as Ludwig. I also think the jury is being picked about his plan to get lighter and faster on D, that doesn't appear to be a winning move after last night's 2nd half.

THe defense was doing pretty good till they lost their two big men up front and they don't have much depth.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wisky Fans

IF true, Gore DON needs to STFU and play football. If he wants to play coach, quit playing football and become a coach. Otherwise do your job.

BUT, something about a team that has largely been taking it to LSU in the first half and their star RB gets pissed at the coach so to teach him a lesson, they start him the 2nd half and go up another touchdown and the team is hootin' and happy as shit so now the coaches decided to really teach him a lesson and not let him play much in the 2nd half anymore??? Right???

If it was the case, they'd have sat him to start the half, not played him, then sat him, then played him a few more, then sat him again.

TigerBait1971

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon had a hip injury after his long run to open the 2nd half. He tweeted about it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon had a hip injury after his long run to open the 2nd half. He tweeted about it.

Yeah the other stuff people were saying made no sense. Weird how the rational gets ignored in favor of the crazy. People love chaos.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the other stuff people were saying made no sense. Weird how the rational gets ignored in favor of the crazy. People love chaos.

Well when your head coach just says there was a "scenario" it tends to cause some head scratching. One of the least transparent coaches out there.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when your head coach just says there was a "scenario" it tends to cause some head scratching. One of the least transparent coaches out there.

Well I believed it at first, because that actually happened at Alabama last year against Auburn. We had Drake who had been hot against Auburn go and say something stupid during the half, and he didn't play the rest of the game, and didn't play against Oklahoma either because of it.

But I was reading that thread and people made some really good points about how it couldn't be true. Like him playing some at the start of the 3rd quarter, that Wisconsin was winning in pretty nice fashion at the time so no reason for him to be upset, and so on.

That bit of rationality by some of your posters was ignored.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Melvin Gordon shut down his Twitter for the season, so I doubt he tweeted it. It came from the coaching staff today, and Gordon parroted them in interviews. Gordon himself said he was okay after the game, and Gary Andersen said he didn't know about any injury. Here's the ESPN write-up:

Gordon opened the second half with a 63-yard run but had only two more carries after that as Wisconsin's offense stalled during LSU's comeback. After the game, Andersen said Gordon had a "scenario" at halftime and that he didn't know why Gordon -- who did return in the fourth quarter on pass protection -- didn't play more.

On Monday, Andersen said, "we were trying to be smart" with Gordon's injury. Gordon, who told the media after the game that he was not hurt, said on Monday that there was miscommunication between him and the coaching staff.

"I should have let them know, let Coach A know and stepped up and told them, 'Look I need to be in there," Gordon said, according to Fox Sports Wisconsin's Jesse Temple. "I put that on myself."

Gordon also said he didn't feel like he was hurt that much and that he has played through worse pain than what he felt on Saturday.

There's still something very odd about this whole story. Why did neither Andersen nor Gordon mention the hip problem after the game? Some coaches want to protect their players by not revealing injury news publicly, but the game was already over and it came out on Monday, anyway. Why was there such poor communication, apparently, between Gordon and his coaches in such an important game and when the offense needed him most? What role did the athletic training staff play here?

Also, Gordon told the press today that the injury happened on his last carry before the half, so it still doesn't explain why they would give him the first carry then bench him. It just doesn't make sense. I don't buy it all.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because it's completely rational for the coach and player to deny he was injured, say a "scenario occurred at halftime," both said they had no idea why he didn't get the ball, and now say the injury was a hip flexor that occurred at the end of the first half but they still gave him a run (which he took for 63 yards, no less) to start the second.

That's not rational. It's decidedly irrational.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I was reading that thread and people made some really good points about how it couldn't be true. Like him playing some at the start of the 3rd quarter, that Wisconsin was winning in pretty nice fashion at the time so no reason for him to be upset, and so on.

That bit of rationality by some of your posters was ignored.

We were playing well, but the idea that he would have no reason to be upset by QB play is laughable. The way our line was pounding then, our offense had no business scoring less than 24 in the first half. Instead, they had 17, 7 of which were from a short TD drive caused by turnover, and 3 of which were on a 50+ yard field goal.

Not being able to convert glossy rushing averages into points seems to be a theme under Ludwig. And if Melvin is 1/10 as frustrated about it as I am, he would be upset.

And the first carry of the third quarter doesn't make any sense under you "rational theory" either.

Your little claim to be the king of rationality is strange considering the facts.

TigerBait1971

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was hurt. Our DB caught up to him on that last long run.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he was hurt, you don't have him run on the first play, disappear for the entire third quarter, and bring him back but only to pass protect for a QB who clearly can't complete a pass anyways.

If that's true, it makes Ludwig look even worse. You can't play the "player protection" card and then bring him back to pass protect when it looks bleak. They basically, then, risked his health so he could be a decoy to benefit the QB who couldn't hit open receivers anyways and didn't even trust Gordon (note the two big pass protection blocks he made where Tanner through the ball away because he didn't trust Melvin).

So first, they throw away our season for player protection. Then they throw away player protection for nothing. If that is what actually happened (and for the record, I think it makes zero sense), Ludwig is even more inept than expected.