• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: LSU - Wisconsin Game Thread/10k post

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back and find the Badger-Kentucky Final Four game thread where he tries to justify the Badgers loss on a last second three pointer as a "better loss" then Michigan's loss to Kentucky on a last second three pointer because Wisconsin took "quality shots" during the game as opposed to Michigan....even though shot attempts, selections, and percentages all said they were basically even. Dude is a complete homer

That's not what I said at all. What I said was that we contested Kentucky's shots better, which we did. I'm not a homer for thinking Wisconsin (#49 in KenPom defense) is better than Michigan (#109 in KenPom defense) on defense. We were consistently a much better defensive team and the Kentucky games were no exception. Anybody with eyeballs could see that. The fact that Kentucky had nearly even offensive performances is just confirmation to what everyone could see, that they played better offensively against us.

And you also aren't mentioning that I said we played incredibly fluky good offense. I'm the biggest homer ever, right? That's why I said our best offensive game all year was in a loss...because I think we are unbeatable. Because that makes a ton of sense.

But that's a deflection from your incredible hypocrisy. Let's go through this:

LoftonPack before tournament: Bo Ryan has never made a Final Four, so he is a worse coach than John Beilein. I don't care that Bo made the Elite Eight against the best team in the past decade and gave them their toughest game of the tourney.

LoftonPack after tournament: I don't care that Bo Ryan made the Final Four and Beilein didn't. Both Beilein and him lost to Kentucky, so their seasons were just as good.

It is the most blatant example of hypocrisy in the history of this board. You literally 100% contradicted yourself on how important a Final Four was to support the conclusion that your coach is still better than a coach who has a much better resume.

You know what we call that? A blind homer. You can call me whatever you want, but you will never find an example of such blatant hypocrisy by me. I dare you. Hell, when this avy bet is over, I will put up an avatar of your inferior coach saying "I am a better coach than Bo" for a week if you can find it. But you won't find, because I'm rational, not some irrational fanboy like you.

Now crawl back into the hole where you came from.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is that Whisky LB that got hurt OK?

never heard an update.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was too pissed off to keep the TV on, but did anyone see Gary Andersen's post game press conference? Did he have any explanation for giving Melvin Gordon 3 carries in the second half?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was too pissed off to keep the TV on, but did anyone see Gary Andersen's post game press conference? Did he have any explanation for giving Melvin Gordon 3 carries in the second half?
Anderson and his coaching staff sucked in the 2nd half.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked more like the Wisconsin defense collapsed.

Can't really blame the defense too much. Our d-line was to the point where we had 2 RS Freshman DE's playing the two DT spots. That was the drive when they went right down the field running straight up the middle.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is that Whisky LB that got hurt OK?

never heard an update.

He made the flight home.

No. He basically said he didn't know why. Gordon was fine. The impression I got was he hasn't gotten very involved with the offense, which is a problem, since his OC is a disaster.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made the flight home.

No. He basically said he didn't know why. Gordon was fine. The impression I got was he hasn't gotten very involved with the offense, which is a problem, since his OC is a disaster.

that's good to hear

should have left the OC behind

Jim Rome is Flaming

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anderson and his coaching staff sucked in the 2nd half.

That's what it looks like. I really think there needs to be some explanation from him, because losing a 17 point second half lead because you take your Heisman caliber running back out of the game is absolutely inexcusable. I've given him the benefit of the doubt thus far, but awful game-planning isn't something I can live with.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what it looks like. I really think there needs to be some explanation from him, because losing a 17 point second half lead because you take your Heisman caliber running back out of the game is absolutely inexcusable. I've given him the benefit of the doubt thus far, but awful game-planning isn't something I can live with.
That Wisconsin coaching staff better take a long, hard look at themselves.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Wisconsin coaching staff better take a long, hard look at themselves.

No shit! How the head coach can say, I don't know how Gordon only got 3 carries after the half, makes me wonder what the hell he does. If he actually implicitly trusts Ludwig to run the O, he's just as stupid as Ludwig. I also think the jury is being picked about his plan to get lighter and faster on D, that doesn't appear to be a winning move after last night's 2nd half.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut the fuck up and die. You are the douchebag that calls out Stave 24/7. Then we lose entirely because they didn't start Stave, and you are going to try to take a victory lap because we choked? Really?

We would have won easily if we fed Gordon the rock in the second. It was the stupidest decision I can ever recall from an OC. He came back specifically to be the guy, and they do this to him in his signature moment. That said, we would also have won if we started Stave. He might make some mistakes, but he has a damn big arm and he sees the field well. In 19 starts, he's never had a stinker like that.

Instead of acting like a punk and claiming victory, how about you apologize for your anti-Stave rants? Maybe if our fanbase had embraced Stave more and recognized his solid performances in most of the game, we'd both be celebrating a nice win.

I stopped reading his shit long ago. How can you take someone seriously if he doesn't know the difference between incompletion and in completion? Just because spell check shows incompletion as a misspelling, it's not in this sense...haha...he's a total moron. In completion, the pass was not completed and called an incompletion....

Stave is still hurt and cannot throw a decent pass right now. If he wasn't hurt he'd be the starter and GreatDayne would be ranting and raving about how bad he sucks. If he was more intelligent he'd have figured out long ago it's more about Ludwig and less about the players. As it stands right now, he's less intelligent than the box of rocks he sits on.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching lost this one for Wisconsin

How up 24-7 do you suddenly stop running with a Rb who had great success running the ball???

Wisconsin has a great team maybe one that could make the playoff on the legs of Melvin Gordon

Of course that doesn't matter if they're too stupid to use him

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit! How the head coach can say, I don't know how Gordon only got 3 carries after the half, makes me wonder what the hell he does. If he actually implicitly trusts Ludwig to run the O, he's just as stupid as Ludwig. I also think the jury is being picked about his plan to get lighter and faster on D, that doesn't appear to be a winning move after last night's 2nd half.
Poor coaching decisions have sabotaged many good teams. I'm not impressed with Wisconsin's staff.