• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Loudest stadium.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about sound, but my house shakes when it's Jump Around time and I live 250 miles away. :)

Go Badgers.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not getting it. You seem to be stubborn. He stated the stadium was built in a valley. That was not by accident. Tiger stadium is much the same....built in a river valley.

The location of the stadium has a huge affect on the sound. It bounces off the surrounding landscape and gets trapped in the bowl effect created by the landscape....not just the stadium seating.

If they are measuring the decibels by simply pointing a microphone towards the seating....that doesn't truly give you what the stadium actually sounds like as a whole.

My house is 25 miles from Tiger Stadium. If it's a home game, at night, against Bama or some other high ranked team....You can hear the crowd noise from my house. :nod:
No, it is you that isn't getting what is being said. I made no mention of any kind about the acoustics of the bowl because that wasn't any part of any point being made. He said something about closing off an end zone or that was what I thought he said. I simply said just THAT change won't impact a measurement much if any because of how/where they take it. In no way, shape, or form is that saying it doesn't have any impact on overall stadium sound for players on the field or what the fans experience. Also, I specifically said acoustics plays a role in those measurements so I don't know where you are getting that I said it's JUST seating or something? I mean I clearly laid out UW hit their mark because of the roof and how it reflects sound so of course the surroundings are a big part of it.

And yes, those measurements only tell you a very small amount of information in one very localized spot/direction. There is no way to entirely quantify what stadium/game has the overall loudest sound across the entire stadium.

This was all hashed out to death when Seahawk and Chiefs fans were battling back and forth for the title of loudest stadium in the NFL. It's somewhat arbitrary given how limited the measure is. Both stadiums are a bitch for opposing teams. Same for Death Valley. Proud and loud passionate fan base in an imposing stadium with natural surroundings that help trap sound. Tough ass place to play a game.

All I said is closing in one end zone likely has no real impact on these silly measurements. That's it, that's all. There is zero doubt it's a louder place right now than Husky stadium on a given Saturday.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it is you that isn't getting what is being said. I made no mention of any kind about the acoustics of the bowl because that wasn't any part of any point being made. He said something about closing off an end zone or that was what I thought he said. I

I stopped reading at this point. If you, yourself, don't know what the fuck you are responding to then how the fuck are we supposed to?

Go take a break, collect your thoughts, then try again....

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But for a decade of futility, Neyland would be noted in any top 5.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading at this point. If you, yourself, don't know what the fuck you are responding to then how the fuck are we supposed to?

Of course you stopped there (not) because the rest of it made you look too foolish (as usual).

Try again.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But for a decade of futility, Neyland would be noted in any top 5.
That stadium just looks so bad ass. For sure on a short list of venues I'd want to hit if given a chance. That second deck bringing fans in closer has to add quite a bit to the overall sound.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a game against Michigan where the crowd was so loud Bo cried to the ref and they started throwing delay of game penalties against ND. I fear those days are long gone. Not as much to cheer for and an aging fan base that only wants to yell "down in front" at the game.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they had measured Bryant Denny when this play happened...

My brother and his wife were at the game, and she was deaf in one ear for 3 days afterwards.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two PAC 12 teams are in the top 4. That's pretty comical. My wife always laughs when I'm switching back and forth from say SEC games to PAC 12 games. I'm always adjusting the volume. Dialing it down when I switch to the SEC game as the crowd roars and then cranking it up when changing it back to the PAC 12 game. In some of those PAC 12 stadiums you can hear a pin drop. It's insane. I've been to seven of them. All six South team's stadiums and then Autzen when Boise kicked Oregon's ass in 2008.

It's no wonder the PAC is struggling so badly. No one outside of possibly Washington and Oregon fans give a damn about football. They couldn't care less. And that's a problem.

seating is important. I have sat all around Autzen. all 4 sides high low and in between and have experienced different volumes based on those things.

Same with Neyland when I went to Tennessee. we got tickets in the upper deck like 5 or so rows from the top. it wasnt very loud

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles Coliseum if Donald Trump decides to sing the National Anthem.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about sound, but my house shakes when it's Jump Around time and I live 250 miles away. :)

Go Badgers.
That's funny. I read it and thought wow that's impressive...then I actually thought about it for 3 seconds and finally got the joke.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy.

The Rose Bowl.

Last edited:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know how to read? Color me shocked.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss football......surprised nobody had said it so far.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they had measured Bryant Denny when this play happened...

My brother and his wife were at the game, and she was deaf in one ear for 3 days afterwards.

3 days your brother enjoyed I bet.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That stadium just looks so bad ass. For sure on a short list of venues I'd want to hit if given a chance. That second deck bringing fans in closer has to add quite a bit to the overall sound.

I always thought it looked like most of Knoxville, ran down and used up.

Some Tennessee fans could go weeks without even seeing their team on offense.