• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Loudest stadium.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the old pre remodeled husky stadium and back at a time when the fan base was more rabid than it is now.

I believe the game that was measured at was a night game against Nebraska the year after they ran the table and won a national championship.

They could theoretically still get at least near that level in the new stadium, and might get the passion back to that level with the way Petersen is going, but I can tell you it hasn't been that loud there in ages. It was so loud in the late 80's/early 90's that I had ringing for hours after games. It was as bad or worse than standing near the speakers at a concert.

The advantage Husky stadium has is most of the seats are between the end zones and there is a roof over both sides that is angled such that sound is amplified and directed back toward the field. They may not be near the largest in terms of capacity, but when it comes to maximizing noise per fan there isn't a better configured stadium at the college level.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Husky stadium was loud because it had a tin roof that hung over the bleachers.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 7 Loudest College Football Stadiums, Ranked

hqdefault.jpg

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to measure Death Valley now that the West Zone closed in the west end of the stadium.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two PAC 12 teams are in the top 4. That's pretty comical. My wife always laughs when I'm switching back and forth from say SEC games to PAC 12 games. I'm always adjusting the volume. Dialing it down when I switch to the SEC game as the crowd roars and then cranking it up when changing it back to the PAC 12 game. In some of those PAC 12 stadiums you can hear a pin drop. It's insane. I've been to seven of them. All six South team's stadiums and then Autzen when Boise kicked Oregon's ass in 2008.

It's no wonder the PAC is struggling so badly. No one outside of possibly Washington and Oregon fans give a damn about football. They couldn't care less. And that's a problem.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say Rice Eccles started off loud when Boise visited. They have some pretty rowdy fans. Then Utah proceeded to get steam rolled early in route to a 33 point loss and it got real quiet real fast.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two PAC 12 teams are in the top 4. That's pretty comical. My wife always laughs when I'm switching back and forth from say SEC games to PAC 12 games. I'm always adjusting the volume. Dialing it down when I switch to the SEC game as the crowd roars and then cranking it up when changing it back to the PAC 12 game. In some of those PAC 12 stadiums you can hear a pin drop. It's insane. I've been to seven of them. All six South team's stadiums and then Autzen when Boise kicked Oregon's ass in 2008.

It's no wonder the PAC is struggling so badly. No one outside of possibly Washington and Oregon fans give a damn about football. They couldn't care less. And that's a problem.
Winning solves all of that and right now there aren't many doing a lot of it.

Stanford and Cal will never really move the needle even when great, but the rest are more dependent on results. UW went like a decade of pretty bad football and it hurt a generation of local fans. Moving the students to the endzone didn't help either. They were a guaranteed full section when they were around the middle of the field. SC and UCLA have huge stadiums and often still lead the pac in attendance despite not coming close to selling out because of how large they are. But they are cali fans.

I've been to a handful of Pac12 stadiums. The loudest outside of Husky stadium was probably Autzen. Cougs are loud, but there just aren't that many of them. They all move away after graduation and can't get the time off from their fast food jobs to travel that far for games. :dhd:

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning solves all of that and right now there aren't many doing a lot of it.

Stanford and Cal will never really move the needle even when great, but the rest are more dependent on results. UW went like a decade of pretty bad football and it hurt a generation of local fans. Moving the students to the endzone didn't help either. They were a guaranteed full section when they were around the middle of the field. SC and UCLA have huge stadiums and often still lead the pac in attendance despite not coming close to selling out because of how large they are. But they are cali fans.

I've been to a handful of Pac12 stadiums. The loudest outside of Husky stadium was probably Autzen. Cougs are loud, but there just aren't that many of them. They all move away after graduation and can't get the time off from their fast food jobs to travel that far for games. :dhd:

I have some friends who graduated from Wazzu. They have quite the reputation of getting absolutely hammered and acting a fool. What a drunk ass fan base they have.

My folks travelled to Seattle when Washington handed it to Boise some years back. They said that atmosphere is pretty incredible. That's on the list for me for sure.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have some friends who graduated from Wazzu. They have quite the reputation of getting absolutely hammered and acting a fool. What a drunk ass fan base they have.

My folks travelled to Seattle when Washington handed it to Boise some years back. They said that atmosphere is pretty incredible. That's on the list for me for sure.
I was at the game that opened the remodeled stadium and sat next to a group of BSU fans. It was a fantastic warm day and your fans were all pretty nice. Didn't see any types of issues with either fan base, but there really isn't a history to speak of there so you wouldn't expect one.

And yes, the ones that do show up to Martin are typically entirely wasted before, during, and after the games.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to measure Death Valley now that the West Zone closed in the west end of the stadium.
tbh, that doesn't change things at mid field all that much. It's numbers of seats and acoustics between the end zones that impact those measurements. That and doing it at big prime time type games.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tbh, that doesn't change things at mid field all that much. It's numbers of seats and acoustics between the end zones that impact those measurements. That and doing it at big prime time type games.

Death Valley is literally in a valley. The seating area rises steeply on either side. It was loud before even the upper decks were constructed.

But there is a noticeable difference to me in how loud the stadium is compared to before the West Zone was built.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Death Valley is literally in a valley. The seating area rises steeply on either side. It was loud before even the upper decks were constructed.

But there is a noticeable difference to me in how loud the stadium is compared to before the West Zone was built.
I was just saying they typically measure around the 50y and pointed up toward the crowd in that area. Anything that adds seats, or closes off sound escapes near the end zones likely wouldn't impact that much. Making changes around midfield would.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's it called...The "D-Deck." Good Christ. It only has one row
of entrances. Then you have to climb. You enter near the bottom
of the deck and then begin the upward climb. And it is straight up.
The last time I was there we were 3 rows from the top. I was
closer to the blimp than the field. And at dear old Clemson...the visitors section is actually 4 sections...none of them near each other. Thus you can't have concentrated visitor noise.

The guy sitting behind me was out-of-breath. If I recall correctly
his name was Edmond Hillary.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just saying they typically measure around the 50y and pointed up toward the crowd in that area. Anything that adds seats, or closes off sound escapes near the end zones likely wouldn't impact that much. Making changes around midfield would.

You are not getting it. You seem to be stubborn. He stated the stadium was built in a valley. That was not by accident. Tiger stadium is much the same....built in a river valley.

The location of the stadium has a huge affect on the sound. It bounces off the surrounding landscape and gets trapped in the bowl effect created by the landscape....not just the stadium seating.

If they are measuring the decibels by simply pointing a microphone towards the seating....that doesn't truly give you what the stadium actually sounds like as a whole.

My house is 25 miles from Tiger Stadium. If it's a home game, at night, against Bama or some other high ranked team....You can hear the crowd noise from my house. :nod:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not getting it. You seem to be stubborn. He stated the stadium was built in a valley. That was not by accident. Tiger stadium is much the same....built in a river valley.

The location of the stadium has a huge affect on the sound. It bounces off the surrounding landscape and gets trapped in the bowl effect created by the landscape....not just the stadium seating.

If they are measuring the decibels by simply pointing a microphone towards the seating....that doesn't truly give you what the stadium actually sounds like as a whole.

My house is 25 miles from Tiger Stadium. If it's a home game, at night, against Bama or some other high ranked team....You can hear the crowd noise from my house. :nod:
Fvk Tiger Stadium. It's full of coon asses who complain about softball threads. Because of that reason it's not the loudest stadium in college football .. Husky Stadium holds that title.

Last edited:

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fvk Tiger Stadium. It's full of coon ass pussies who complain about softball threads. Because of that reason it's not the loudest stadium in college football .. Husky Stadium holds that title.

It just sounds loud to y'all because y'alls air is real thin...:dhd: