• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Loudest stadium.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying this because I think Michigan should be on the list, but "recorded decibel level" is leaving out a lot of important factors. Most teams aren't measuring this during the game. I think the better factor would be some sort of average decibel level throughout a game vs. just one peak moment.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying this because I think Michigan should be on the list, but "recorded decibel level" is leaving out a lot of important factors. Most teams aren't measuring this during the game. I think the better factor would be some sort of average decibel level throughout a game vs. just one peak moment.
michigan stadium is a library, no need to even bring them up.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought it looked like most of Knoxville, ran down and used up.

Some Tennessee fans could go weeks without even seeing their team on offense.

:lebowski2:

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That doesn’t make sense. You’re not supposed to be loud all the time. If you’re winning the constant noise category it either means the opposing fans are using your advantage against you, or your own fans are stupid.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the one hand they look like terrible seats. On the other hand, based on the way Tennessee has been playing lately, it's probably doing them a huge favor.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the one hand they look like terrible seats. On the other hand, based on the way Tennessee has been playing lately, it's probably doing them a huge favor.

Half the game you don’t see any action, the other half you just get to see your team get scored on a bunch. Still sounds like a bad deal.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half the game you don’t see any action, the other half you just get to see your team get scored on a bunch. Still sounds like a bad deal.

I wonder if I go to an Alabama vs Tennessee game and get those seats, does it count as me going to the game?

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if I go to an Alabama vs Tennessee game and get those seats, does it count as me going to the game?

Why not... there’s probably a dumbass Tennessee fan who's damn proud of those seats.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not... there’s probably a dumbass Tennessee fan who's damn proud of those seats.

I mean do I count it as just 1/2 a game?

Or would 10% of a game be more fitting?

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean do I count it as just 1/2 a game?

Or would 10% of a game be more fitting?

I think technically you get to claim you were there, but you can’t say you actually saw the game, if that makes any sense.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
michigan stadium is a library, no need to even bring them up.
Which is why I prefaced my statement. I don't disagree. Michigan stadium has the capability to get loud at times, but is often quiet compared to similarly sized stadiums. Partially due to the design and partially due to more quiet fans. Even if we were to register a high decibel reading during a test or a game, that illustrates my point that it's generally not the loudest large stadium in the country.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn’t make sense. You’re not supposed to be loud all the time. If you’re winning the constant noise category it either means the opposing fans are using your advantage against you, or your own fans are stupid.
The design of our stadium is very flat. It improved with the addition of boxes on either side but the sound tends to travel up. We also have stupid fans. One of the most consistent complaints I hear from fellow fans is getting yelled at to sit down or to shut up because they're being annoying.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The design of our stadium is very flat. It improved with the addition of boxes on either side but the sound tends to travel up. We also have stupid fans. One of the most consistent complaints I hear from fellow fans is getting yelled at to sit down or to shut up because they're being annoying.

I thought Michigan fans were just a rude bunch. They didn't want to
talk before the game. They just gave the impression that they thought they were just better than you. Ohio State fans were assholes, but at least they would bitch and argue with you. I didn't
have any problem with that. I've always been a decent asshole myself. Notre Dame fans were friendly folks. Nebraska fans are,
overall, the best fans I've ever come across, for a team that was
in the midst of a 40-year roll.

Now the day we were in Ann Arbor we hung 51 on you, so it
was relatively quiet the entire afternoon. They were just too smug
for me.