• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like the 1st round is setting up well for us

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason why jerry and company don't land two impact players with their first two choices. I really think 10 different posters here could

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason why jerry and company don't land two impact players with their first two choices. I really think 10 different posters here could

I'm honestly hyped about this draft.....

Then again I'm not a grab "a superstar" person......

Very deep draft at the positions we need. Couldn't have come at a better time for Cowboys fans

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly hyped about this draft.....

Then again I'm not a grab "a superstar" person......

Very deep draft at the positions we need. Couldn't have come at a better time for Cowboys fans

I tend to agree if anyone other than jerry were commanding the selections. I think 4 defensive contributors isn't outta the question with the right evaluators.

Onward through the Fog!

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The safety talent is not all that great if we are talking about FS. I will give you the DL is rather deep. I see only one superstar and that is clowney. Clowney reminds me of LT. I think the DL players have potential. I look at this and I don't see any future pro bowlers other than clowney on DL. Do we draft BPA or do we draft for need? Keep in mind of players like Free and Murray who are in the last year of contracts. Horrible cap mangement by the special saauce man has left this roster in bad condition

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The safety talent is not all that great if we are talking about FS. I will give you the DL is rather deep. I see only one superstar and that is clowney. Clowney reminds me of LT. I think the DL players have potential. I look at this and I don't see any future pro bowlers other than clowney on DL. Do we draft BPA or do we draft for need? Keep in mind of players like Free and Murray who are in the last year of contracts. Horrible cap mangement by the special saauce man has left this roster in bad condition

asswhip?

thinking about you posting the same bull shit for the next 3 plus months. SportsHoopla should confine you to just a certain amount of threads

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree if anyone other than jerry were commanding the selections. I think 4 defensive contributors isn't outta the question with the right evaluators.

Onward through the Fog!

Jerry remains the X factor :L

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Onward through the Fog!

Good news is that since Seattle won yesterday Jerry just crossed off all of the Offensive players on his draft chart. Too bad for us Earl Thomas didn't have like 5 interceptions or we'd have been guaranteed a safety in the first round...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone really happy with what we have at corner? This trio rarely makes a play. At some point it is time to start over. It really sucks we wasted a 1st and 2nd round pick on a system player like claiborne. That atrocious move is right up there with the Roy Williams and Galloway trades.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A week ago you didn't know who Pryor was ..... and didn't know what position Clinton-Dix played

Now you want us to listen to your "valued opinion" of the draft ..... LOL

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone really happy with what we have at corner? This trio rarely makes a play. At some point it is time to start over. It really sucks we wasted a 1st and 2nd round pick on a system player like claiborne. That atrocious move is right up there with the Roy Williams and Galloway trades.

You can debate whether moving up for Mo was the right move for the club considering their cap situation, but to compare the logic of moving up in the draft to get the highest rated player at a need position to two of the worst trades in club history is absurd. The Cowboys have drafted very well the last 5 years. Every team has misses in the draft, it's the number of hits that counts most, and in that regard, they're doing fine lately

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can debate whether moving up for Mo was the right move for the club considering their cap situation, but to compare the logic of moving up in the draft to get the highest rated player at a need position to two of the worst trades in club history is absurd. The Cowboys have drafted very well the last 5 years. Every team has misses in the draft, it's the number of hits that counts most, and in that regard, they're doing fine lately

I'll stick with Mo and not jump to stupid shock value statements for the attention of it all just yet. Does not matter what knucklehead say's

seattle would be the benchmark for drafting well over the last 5 years.
I think teams should hit on their 1st and second rounders 90% of the time if they are worth their salt. Granted jerry didn't do that before byrant Lee and Smith...and now fred. Jerry can't help himself such as the Escobar pick. Jarntt is right, jerry might just now see the draft value in ALL picks. With some luck....jerry will move of Little' Bill's two tights and jump all over Seattle as a model for NFL success.

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll stick with Mo and not jump to stupid shock value statements for the attention of it all just yet. Does not matter what knucklehead say's

seattle would be the benchmark for drafting well over the last 5 years.
I think teams should hit on their 1st and second rounders 90% of the time if they are worth their salt. Granted jerry didn't do that before byrant Lee and Smith...and now fred. Jerry can't help himself such as the Escobar pick. Jarntt is right, jerry might just now see the draft value in ALL picks. With some luck....jerry will move of Little' Bill's two tights and jump all over Seattle as a model for NFL success.

I think thats the thing that pisses most people off about Jerry. The Cowboys have actually been hitting on their fair share. When Jerry can't help himself, as with the Escobar pick, it makes what could have been an incredible draft just a very good one. Maybe Escobar pans out and Jerry has the last laugh. But I know there were several regular Joes out there, who don't have a full scouting department at their disposal, that were hoping for Warford or Lacy with that 2nd rounder. Add one of those to Fredrick and Williams, and it's a monster draft

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Maybe Escobar pans out and Jerry has the last laugh"

that's the whole point that Jerry doesn't get. This year isn't any different than last. You needed two minimum impact players and really three. Impact as in 1st year. They failed with the second round pick no matter what he becomes. The window is closing and jerry say's he understands this which he clearly doesn't. The 3rd round pick of Williams looks good with the flop of Austin but it was a luxury pick when jerry needed to be thinking year one impact. Does he this year? we can only hope after another beat down season. It's as if 50% of the cowboy fan base could do better with what is currently assembled on this team....which is problem number one that I've mentioned a time or two here.

The evaluations of the current roster, league free agents and college draft is sub-par. That is more than Jerry. It's jerry but it deeper than that. Jimmy called it years back a country club environment and I think that still has merit. least with the vets and coaches. They don't coach up and they don't give many opportunities through competition and accountability for play. They have no concept of what if this guy gets hurt or doen't produce. It's as if the starters are that and everything else is special team considerations.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with most on here is that you fail to look at the big picture. The offense was middle of the pack and was a problem last season. So bear with me as I explain my plan. Let's just say that the best DL guys that fit our scheme are gone. Let's also assume that Mccloy has done his home work and has figured out that Dix is overhyped and the saafety position in this draft is just not all that good. So we now focus on the offense, Do we go OT or OG and add to the young stable? Frederick,Smith and Leary are only going to get better. This is one possibility. Now you look at what we have at WR. Dez and Williams looks very good,but there is something missing. Marquise Lee just happens to be on the board. Lee comes in and immediatly causes havoc as he can't be ignored and the opposing defenses can no longer stack the box. Linehan now allows Murray and Dunbar to run wild and when defense decide to stop the run the deep ball is wide open. My point is: we need a burner

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The problem with most on here is that you fail to look at the big picture"

but you have it all figured out.
Onward through the Fog!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense was middle of the pack. And what about the defense. Now what about the big picture.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL not this 40 time bullshit again

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If lee is gone we can take Tevin Reese in the 4th or 5th round. Reese looks to be a sub 4.4 guy. He is much faster than Lee,but certainly not the receiver Lee is.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Teven Reese reunited with TWill