• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like it's up to Chris Petersen & the Washington Huskies to save the PAC-12

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: If that helps you sleep better. The truth is oregon was only on a run because UW was down and USC was under sanctions Both of those ended and the ducks dumped back to historical levels.

Welcome to reality bro.

Oregon, had a bad coach that set the program back. The new staff is getting the talent level back to where it needs to be. I'll remind you that Oregon actually beat some highly ranked teams OOC during their run. UW consistently looks outclassed against the nation's elite. They look like the product of a down PAC 12.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon, had a bad coach that set the program back. The new staff is getting the talent level back to where it needs to be. I'll remind you that Oregon actually beat some highly ranked teams OOC during their run. UW consistently looks outclassed against the nation's elite. They look like the product of a down PAC 12.
You didn't refute a single thing I said because you can't. There isn't a single source that wouldn't agree outside of Eugene. UW made some bad decisions with a horrible AD that only cared about women's sports. USC was gutted after the Reggie Bush thing. That left just Stanford. The power vacuum always fills with something, even if it's temporary or a place holder until power is restored. It's an age old fact of college football that has repeated over and over again. The ducks bought their way into a false sense of being at a time when two historic conference powers were not there to oppose it.

Your 15 minutes of fame has came and went. USC is back on their feet, UW has a top flight staff, and who knows maybe even UCLA might make a few waves. Oh, and Stanford hasn't gone anywhere. That gimmick blur offense doesn't mean anything anymore. It's going to take actual talent and top level coaching to win now.

Sorry you didn't receive a copy of the memo, but the rent check came due and payment was received in full.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In your honor I moved up my now annual rewatching of the 2016 UW/duck game, but I'm watching the Pac12 football in 60 version, not the full version. Can't stay up half the night ffs.

Always a good way to get jazzed up for the coming fall camp and season right?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: If that helps you sleep better. The truth is oregon was only on a run because UW was down and USC was under sanctions Both of those ended and the ducks dumped back to historical levels.

Welcome to reality bro.
i dont know i feel like even the current UW teams and recent USC teams would still have had issues with Kelly and Mariota era Oregon

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know i feel like even the current UW teams and recent USC teams would still have had issues with Kelly and Mariota era Oregon
I think the point is things would have been quite a bit different for Oregon on their initial climb up to Mariota era Oregon. The recruiting surge and everything that went with it came at that time. Few losses here and there and some of those higher recruits end up elsewhere. Doesn't take many to swing things.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the point is things would have been quite a bit different for Oregon on their initial climb up to Mariota era Oregon. The recruiting surge and everything that went with it came at that time. Few losses here and there and some of those higher recruits end up elsewhere. Doesn't take many to swing things.
maybe.
Oregon was climbing before USC went on sanctions
Oregon had good years when Washington was good. oregon had bad years when Washington was bad. to say Oregon got good because washington was down is a cop out.
to say Oregon only got good because both were down is a bigger one.
look at the last few times both UW and USC were good at the same time

95 when both were 6-1-1 in conference and shared the title but Oregon was 6-2 and in 3rd essentially. USC was 9-2-1 overall Oregon was 9-3 and UW was 7-4-1.
90 UW was ranked #5 10-2 USC was 8-4-1 and ranked 20. Oh but Oregon was 8-4 that year also.
89 #8 9-2-1 USC, #23 8-4 UW followed by 8-4 Oregon.
84 was the last time both were good and Oregon was irrelevant.

seems more like Oregon is right in the mix when both are good.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep USC outta your silly squabbles.
Total Championships PAC 10-12
Oregon -11
Washington- 16

USC 39 including last season.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe.
Oregon had good years when Washington was good. oregon had bad years when Washington was bad. to say Oregon got good because washington was down is a cop out.

95 when both were 6-1-1 in conference and shared the title but Oregon was 6-2 and in 3rd essentially. USC was 9-2-1 overall Oregon was 9-3 and UW was 7-4-1.
90 UW was ranked #5 10-2 USC was 8-4-1 and ranked 20. Oh but Oregon was 8-4 that year also.

I think I was pretty clear, and it's been written about endlessly over the years. If you were a high value target kid from the west coast that wanted to stay on the west coast in the early 2K's, Oregon was really your only choice if you were looking for massive exposure and playing in high profile games. Stanford comes looking for you, you don't go looking for them. What other team out west was really getting those kids? It was a historic hole that no one blames Oregon for entirely and completely taking advantage of. If you can't see that USC would have for sure taken some of those had they not been down from sanctions and how UW used to get some of those, and is back to getting them again now, then I can't help you.

If there is any one team that can really sustain a dynasty in the Pac it really is USC and USC alone. Their built in advantages simply put them in much better shape to get the high 4 and 5 star kids on the west coast. Period. Stop.

Add in what is happening at UW and Oregon has their hands full filling enough talent to go back to where they were which is what I was responding to. UW is in that same boat. Their x-factor difference is just having a special coach like Petersen, but he's never going to be able to draw in the upper talent kids the way USC does. It remains to be seen if Helton is enough of a program leader to create their next dynasty, but it's theirs to build.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe.

To me those seem more like mediocre years for USC, probably Washington fans feel the same way. I mean I can't see SC going 8-4-1 and thinking that was a good season.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me those seem more like mediocre years for USC, probably Washington fans feel the same way. I mean I can't see SC going 8-4-1 and thinking that was a good season.
i should have also mentioned those were 1st 2nd places in the pac as well.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most Washington fans can agree with me when I say that even Huskies fans can feel the weight of the conference on our backs. I just hope the other 11 PAC teams realize that Washington is the conference's only hope.

huskystadium6.jpg

Only hope for what?

Arrogance? Yep, you are our only hope.

I mean, are Husky fans thinking that if we don't place a team in the SEC-BCS championship series we're a loser conference that's going to be disbanded?

I don't give a fuck about that.

There are also other bowl games we are well represented in.

Also, UW has a really good team this year, but I can see Stanford or USC 11-1 or 12-0 as easily as I can UW. (Weeeeeeelllll, ok, pretty much as easily)

OK, this officially opens shit throwing season.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A duck fan calling husky fans arrogant?
giphy.gif

Never before has a fan base in the Pac been so full of themselves and not actually won a national championship as the ducks.

There is literally no room for them to EVER at any time bring up another base after that stupid shit.

AG not withstanding, I haven't seen the typical UW fans going overboard at any time.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we want to take those stupid articles seriously what the conference needs is the middle of the Pac to pick it up more than some savior in one or two teams.

And really most of them are confusing and confounding different unrelated elements and making them into something that isn't true.

The Pac is behind other conferences in payouts. Improved results on the field really wouldn't make a substantial change to that as most of it is TV rights more than better bowl payouts or even attracting more ad dollars to the conference. The fix for that is for the schools themselves to make it a priority and either letting Scott and his staff have what they need to make some of those elusive deals work (AT&T/DirecTV etc), get a new commissioner (seriously needed), and improve the product they are peddling in the first place (that network is mostly crap).

The product on the field changes over time for all of the major conferences. There were similar overreactions not that long ago to the Big12, ACC, and at one point the B1G as well. Pac teams are spending and going after bigger name coaches and prioritizing football for most of the conference.

The results will always be mixed though. If you have half a dozen teams recruiting at a high level then no one team is monopolizing the top shelf talent and playoff appearances will dwindle as a result. If you have 2-3 high achieving teams you get knocked for their easy road, but they can build deeper talent pools and end up more competitive outside of the conference.

Last year wasn't a good year on the field. There is no reason to believe that it is a trend that will continue or worsen. Several teams are still recruiting at a very high level, there is talent in the coaching staffs of several schools.

If you want a better look for the conference stop with all the Pac after dark games with marquee teams since 2/3 of the country is in bed before they are over. Don't allow two top teams to be preempted by fucking truck racing for a whole quarter. You can't get respect when you aren't acting like a top tier conference to begin with. Stand up and take the fucking respect.

Doesn't take USC or UW to fix any of that. Takes balls from the schools and a more focused/stronger commissioner. Period.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A duck fan calling husky fans arrogant?
giphy.gif

Never before has a fan base in the Pac been so full of themselves and not actually won a national championship as the ducks.

There is literally no room for them to EVER at any time bring up another base after that stupid shit.

AG not withstanding, I haven't seen the typical UW fans going overboard at any time.

I recall very recently when we were kicking your ass year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year and thru it all y'all were so damn superior.

UW fans are the definition of arrogance in the dictionary.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recall very recently when we were kicking your ass year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year and thru it all y'all were so damn superior.

UW fans are the definition of arrogance in the dictionary.
Ummm no. Michigan fans will always have them trumped

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we want to take those stupid articles seriously what the conference needs is the middle of the Pac to pick it up more than some savior in one or two teams.

And really most of them are confusing and confounding different unrelated elements and making them into something that isn't true.

Here is something I'd like to do- conference challenges.

As an example, at the mid point of the season, take any 2 conferences and pit the top 8 teams against each other- 1 v. 1, 2 v. 2... and see which conference comes out ahead.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't refute a single thing I said because you can't. There isn't a single source that wouldn't agree outside of Eugene. UW made some bad decisions with a horrible AD that only cared about women's sports. USC was gutted after the Reggie Bush thing. That left just Stanford. The power vacuum always fills with something, even if it's temporary or a place holder until power is restored. It's an age old fact of college football that has repeated over and over again. The ducks bought their way into a false sense of being at a time when two historic conference powers were not there to oppose it.

Your 15 minutes of fame has came and went. USC is back on their feet, UW has a top flight staff, and who knows maybe even UCLA might make a few waves. Oh, and Stanford hasn't gone anywhere. That gimmick blur offense doesn't mean anything anymore. It's going to take actual talent and top level coaching to win now.

Sorry you didn't receive a copy of the memo, but the rent check came due and payment was received in full.

And UW didn't suffer thru several failed coaching staffs in a row?

Dementia is a terrible thing. I doubt you will recover from it.