• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking the PAC-12 Football Coaches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so @stanford the manford didn't like me giving props to Shaw for keeping that program going at a high level? :noidea:

Not sure what more I could have said. :lol:

fat fingers on the 'like' button... overall a good summary (fwiw, i'll give props all day to shaw for his stewardship of the program and still criticize him for his conservative play calling...)

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fat fingers on the 'like' button... overall a good summary (fwiw, i'll give props all day to shaw for his stewardship of the program and still criticize him for his conservative play calling...)
:lol: Fair enough.

Stanford is an odd case when evaluating compared to the rest of the conference. I don't entirely buy or dismiss the notion that they have a clear recruiting disadvantage. While it is much tougher to qualify, we have all seen kids jump and take Stanford over other offers purely on the academic side. So it both hinders and helps them.

Still, they don't have a massive football culture there and have managed to be a power for a sustained period of time.

Lots of top 10 caliber teams, but no national title to go with it.

What would Shaw look like at USC or another blue blood? You are right that his conservative style can be frustrating at times. It's not for everyone. It does work there though. Zero problems getting the top linemen on both sides of the ball to jump at the chance to go there and that is because of their focus on the trenches.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stanford is an odd case when evaluating compared to the rest of the conference. I don't entirely buy or dismiss the notion that they have a clear recruiting disadvantage. While it is much tougher to qualify, we have all seen kids jump and take Stanford over other offers purely on the academic side. So it both hinders and helps them.

Still, they don't have a massive football culture there and have managed to be a power for a sustained period of time.

What would Shaw look like at USC or another blue blood? You are right that his conservative style can be frustrating at times. It's not for everyone. It does work there though. Zero problems getting the top linemen on both sides of the ball to jump at the chance to go there and that is because of their focus on the trenches.
They didn't seem to have a disadvantage when they flipped 4* Conner Weddington (fvk that kid) and grabbed the lone 5* out of Washington state.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't seem to have a disadvantage when they flipped 4* Conner Weddington (fvk that kid) and grabbed the lone 5* out of Washington state.
Yes, but they wouldn't have even gone after them if they weren't very high academically inclined to begin with so they search through a bit smaller pool than the rest of us. Might be a school or two (without naming names) that would take some meatheads if it would win them games.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if a recruit is academically inclined and qualifies, stanford is at a distinct recruiting advantage imo. very few parents will say 'no' to a stanford scolly.

as such stanford recruits nationwide and not just regionally, albeit within a smaller pool of available recruits....

shaw's conservatism is just part of his make-up. given his success no one is putting pressure on him to change style. again, imo, we've left some wins on the table

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be the Worst Lost I have ever seen.

List of Pac-12 Conference football champions - Wikipedia

USC = 38
UCLA = 17
Washington = 16
Trophy-16x9.jpg

5762560.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on winning one in 16 years, that was Impressive...

BTW - Did you win the Rose Bowl?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on winning one in 16 years, that was Impressive...

BTW - Did you win the Rose Bowl?
USC doesn't have this trophy. This is what a PAC-12 football championship trophy looks like.

pnN9lfI.jpg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC doesn't have this trophy. This is what a PAC-12 football championship trophy looks like.

pnN9lfI.jpg

Speak louder. USC fans can't hear you because they got all those national titles rings jammed in their ears.

Got Natty's? Not the Huskies!:nono:

:D

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speak louder. USC fans can't hear you because they got all those national titles rings jammed in their ears.

Got Natty's? Not the Huskies!:nono:

:D
You can see this bad boy just inside the entrance of Husky Stadium.

TvRZcbF.jpg

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3