• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking ahead to next year.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... this year is in the crapshoot. At least next year we have a lot to look forward to, but we still have a lot of work to do.

The first thing should be to fix the shithole called our bullpen. Heath Bell is awful and needs to go, he had his moments this year but has mostly sucked. Also get rid of Thatcher who has sucked since he was traded here, Putz should be let go of, LolSipp... Let's hope that DH returns to form next year and that this was just a bad year. We have lots of quality arms in the minors that should be promoted and who could do a much better job than the guys we have now. We could hope that some bad contracts are moved this offseason to give us some money to buy some quality bullpen arms, notably a proven closer who still has it!

Second thing should be our rotation. Corbin came back down to Earth as expected but he can still be an above average pitcher. Delgado and Miley are solid pieces and are locks next year. What I want to see is those two ass clowns McCarthy and Cahill gone. Get rid of them, addition by subtraction, or try to trade them for the little that they're worth with those awful contracts. Bradley needs to be called up and should be given a permanent spot in the rotation along with Skaggs, who I think will break out next year. Bradley shouldn't be expected to be an ace as a rookie, but we just need a good enough rotation to go along with what could be an elite offense.

Our lineup and defense should be a concern but not as serious as the first two. Our lineup at times looks like the 27 Yankees and then the next game looks like the Marlins. We need to sign or trade for an established power hitter to protect Goldy. Davidson has power, but I see him being nothing more than another Pedro Alvarez (who is awful). I expect Montero to rebound from this awful year and produce again, don't forget he's above average behind the plate. First base we are set for the next 10 years, 2nd base should be set with Hill and hopefully Owings who should get solid playing time next year as a SS/2B. SS we are set defensively with Didi and maybe Pennington, but we might need to sign a solid offensive SS, or have Didi step up. 3rd base is set with Prado and hopefully Davidson. Our outfield may need a power bat, Eaton-Pollock-Parra is the best defensive outfield in the game, and they are all solid hitters but don't have any power. We may need to take a shot at Stanton (we have the prospects to get him) Or maybe Ross will have another solid year and may see his power return. We have an elite defense and a streaky offense, both need to improve if we want to see October next year.

Towers needs to get this shit done or he needs to be fired!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You pretty much said it... I have no idea who we should target but we could use a big bat to protect Goldy. I like Eaton-Prado-Goldy-Hill... Parra is OK batting 6th or 7th, Montero should bounce back as well.

Idk about Miley to be honest... he doesn't really have a high ceiling, I'd consider trading him before I'd trade Skaggs.

Corbin and Delgado both have bright futures, and we have to pray that Bradley pans out.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THE SEASON IS NOT OVER UNTIL THE FAT LADY SINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!