• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL Steve Masiello

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falsified his resume'. Dipshit.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what they found. A "discrepancy" could be a criminal charge that he didn't disclose, couldn't it? Would be odd to try to lie about work history for such a high profile job.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said he graduated from UK.

He did not.

I'd still hire him, though. At USF you're not going to get much better young coaching coming to your school. Make his contract reflect as such, but not graduating doesn't mean shit. Either he can coach or he can't...graduating from anywhere doesn't mean anything for this job.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USF has standards!

Standards of shit basketball.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fiesta%20Bowl%20Football_5009640_ver1.0_640_480.JPEG

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claiming he graduated from any university is an affront to all those who actually did the work and graduated. Don't think it was a mistake on his resume, so unless he comes up with a good reason, he will be branded as a liar and I would not want him representing any school where ethical conduct is a priority.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claiming he graduated from any university is an affront to all those who actually did the work and graduated. Don't think it was a mistake on his resume, so unless he comes up with a good reason, he will be branded as a liar and I would not want him representing any school where ethical conduct is a priority.

this ,end of discussion ^

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon it's not like he had an affair, forced her to abort, and then arranged for the mistress to marry his assistant......

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon it's not like he had an affair, forced her to abort, and then arranged for the mistress to marry his assistant......

Or, it's not like he's a known cheater and had two of his Final Four appearances vacated from cheating and is the only coach in NCAA history to have two final four appearances vacated ever and even though this coach is a known cheater, he is still allowed to be coaching. But hey, lie on your resume and you're done......

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If this was a standard, is a standard, then all coaches who have done things that are considered completely so far beyond this would never have coached again.

Looking at you, Pitino, Cal, Petrino, etc...etc...

People screw up and make mistakes. But to say that what he did is more of an affront to ethicical conduct than having an affair, lying about recruits grades, fixing grades, etc..etc...

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a USF Alum...they should go after Pelfrey. He deserves another shot at a HC gig.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the Democrat are okay with Elizabeth Warren as a presidential candidate, so obviously we are the fools.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got no sympathy for the man...

got a ton, though, for his family, friends and associates - who now have to forever wonder what & how many other lies he's built his life on.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was a standard, is a standard, then all coaches who have done things that are considered completely so far beyond this would never have coached again.

Looking at you, Pitino, Cal, Petrino, etc...etc...

People screw up and make mistakes. But to say that what he did is more of an affront to ethicical conduct than having an affair, lying about recruits grades, fixing grades, etc..etc...

I agree any coach or faculty member willfully violates the school's code of conduct should immediately be dismissed. There is more to attending college than just sports and academics. That's why they have courses in ethics. That said, I also believe in 2nd chances for folks to redeem their poor conduct.

This reminds me of folks who claim they have combat metals they did not earn. John Kerry comes to mind.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree any coach or faculty member willfully violates the school's code of conduct should immediately be dismissed. There is more to attending college than just sports and academics. That's why they have courses in ethics. That said, I also believe in 2nd chances for folks to redeem their poor conduct.

This reminds me of folks who claim they have combat metals they did not earn. John Kerry comes to mind.

Agree with the second chance stance. If you've never made a mistake and you disagree, your hypocritical.

It'd be too bad if he didn't get his Manhattan job back, even worse if he ends up jobless this year.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, it's not like he's a known cheater and had two of his Final Four appearances vacated from cheating and is the only coach in NCAA history to have two final four appearances vacated ever and even though this coach is a known cheater, he is still allowed to be coaching. But hey, lie on your resume and you're done......

I know... I can't believe Steve Fisher is still coaching. :laugh3:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, I would still give him a contract, but it would be an extremely limited contract.

Something that would have a non-compete clause for the duration of the first length of the contract. So, if he gto a 5 year deal, he couldn't just up and leave after taking a HUGE chance on him after all of this coming out.

Minimal bonuses for the first few years AND of course, actually completing his course work to graduate.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, I would still give him a contract, but it would be an extremely limited contract.

Something that would have a non-compete clause for the duration of the first length of the contract. So, if he gto a 5 year deal, he couldn't just up and leave after taking a HUGE chance on him after all of this coming out.

Minimal bonuses for the first few years AND of course, actually completing his course work to graduate.

:clap:

my thoughts exactly
assisted redemption

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait - what? I couldn't care less about politician John Kerry, but he did in fact receive tons of medals, including the Silver Star, Bronze Star, and three Purple Hearts. I find it embarassing when people dismiss our soldiers' combat experience soley for political reasons regardless of their affiliation - there's a shitty American for you.