• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL Steve Masiello

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait - what? I couldn't care less about politician John Kerry, but he did in fact receive tons of medals, including the Silver Star, Bronze Star, and three Purple Hearts. I find it embarassing when people dismiss our soldiers' combat experience soley for political reasons regardless of their affiliation - there's a shitty American for you.

Apparently people claim he only received three Purple Hearts for scratches and lack of substantial wounds and used it so he could leave Vietnam early because if you receive 3 Purple Hearts you may return home. He was only there for 120 days.

Plus his commanding officer said he lied about his wound where Kerry said a piece of shrapnel from a M79 grenade was from opposing fire, when the guy in charge of him reported it was actually a piece of shrapnel from Kerry firing a M79 grenade to close (dumby). Apparently all that was needed was tweezers to remove it.

A lot of vets despise the guy.

That's why.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How DARE these people go on with these character assassinations! I'm OUTRAGED! How dare they bring up these meaningless things from the past, just to rain on the parade of this fine young man, in what should have been one of the best moments of his career.

What a bunch of limp dicks!

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smell that?

anxiety pheromones - insubstantial to the point of being imaginary.

Personally, I think a gnat just farted.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much more worrisome than the fact that he didn't actually graduate or the fact that he will lie to his advantage is the fact that he is DUMB enough to think he could every get away with that on a high profile job.

His stupidity would be my biggest reason for passing on hiring him.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much more worrisome than the fact that he didn't actually graduate or the fact that he will lie to his advantage is the fact that he is DUMB enough to think he could every get away with that on a high profile job.

His stupidity would be my biggest reason for passing on hiring him.

Honestly, did the guy not think it would come up? If he didn't put that on the resume and explained the situation of why he didn't graduate I really think he'd have a job right now.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he is jobless until he finishes that degree.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, beyond the questions of, why did he think he'd get away with it, or why did he do it in the first place, what I want to know is, why in the world didn't he actually graduate? Pitino said when he left (after Masilo's Junior year) he was on track to graduate. I'm pretty sure this kid was a walk-on, so he (or I suppose his parents) was paying to go to school...

Why no diploma?

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, beyond the questions of, why did he think he'd get away with it, or why did he do it in the first place, what I want to know is, why in the world didn't he actually graduate? Pitino said when he left (after Masilo's Junior year) he was on track to graduate. I'm pretty sure this kid was a walk-on, so he (or I suppose his parents) was paying to go to school...

Why no diploma?

Good question, yes he was a walk on and absolutely was paying for school.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is such bull shit....I don't care why he did it or what ever extenuating circumstances were involved. The guy lied on his resume and should not be rewarded for lying. Any of you who are comfortable having a known liar teaching your children.....that's fine.....not me!

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, I completely agree Rune. My first post was just sarcasm, making fun of the ever-pious H2S.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you can live with being called for limpy-dickitude...

I guess I can live with being called "ever-pious."

:suds:

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is such bull shit....I don't care why he did it or what ever extenuating circumstances were involved. The guy lied on his resume and should not be rewarded for lying. Any of you who are comfortable having a known liar teaching your children.....that's fine.....not me!

Most would agree.

But I hope it wouldn't end his career, he just needs to get back in school!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most would agree.

But how can this guy every be trusted again though?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most would agree.

Agreed. I said that I would even still hire him, but place some serious restrictions on his contract. No bonuses, a non-compete clause so he can't just up and leave for another job, and making sure he completes his degree. Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem. Yeah, he lied. Are we all really going to sit here and pile shit on him when we've all lied about similar things in our lives? Yeah, it was on his resume. Yeah, it was dumb. We've all lied about something stupid, and chances are, we've all be caught lying at some point over something stupid. Let's not feign our disgust on this.

No more trusted than: Petrino, Cal, Pitino, O'Leary,, Carrol, etc...etc...

Come on. Let's not act like this one act is so horrible that he can't land another job again. That's just ridiculousness.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on. Let's not act like this one act is so horrible that he can't land another job again. That's just ridiculousness.

When linked with those above then yes this is very minor. So you are correct. Just really have to wonder what else he says from here on out if truthful or not.

Again... My biggest argument here is how the heck did the college NOT know this BEFORE making him the offer? What happened to the background check? Shouldn't those be completed BEFORE the job ifs offered

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Calipari should be banned from coaching forever and this guy is still getting hired. What the Manhattan coach did is minor compared to Calipari.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When linked with those above then yes this is very minor. So you are correct. Just really have to wonder what else he says from here on out if truthful or not.

Again... My biggest argument here is how the heck did the college NOT know this BEFORE making him the offer? What happened to the background check? Shouldn't those be completed BEFORE the job ifs offered

That is my point though. Everyone is up in arms about him lying, but seem to forget some seriously good coaches who have had way more issues with trust, lying, compliance than this guy.

Bottom line for me...can he coach? If so, then work a contract that helps him get the degree, and keeps you protected at the same time. It can be a win-win.

I'm not saying to turn a blind eye, I'm saying...be a part of the solution to this issue instead of a part of the problem.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calipari should be banned from coaching forever and this guy is still getting hired. What the Manhattan coach did is minor compared to Calipari.

Did Calipari fuck your sister or something? You've brought him up twice now, acted like he's committed crimes against humanity.

I mean if you know something the NCAA and rest of the world doesn't know, then by all means, pony up with the proof so we can get that guy the fuck out of college hoops.

But if you're just another ignorant asshole who's made up his mind in the complete and total absence of proof, then just say you're an ignorant asshole who's made up his mind in the complete and total absence of proof, so the smart folk can ignore ya.

But as far as I know the worst thing Calipari is guilty of is not making sure that Derrick Rose's brother got billed every time he rode with the team. (he did get billed, just not every time. And I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt as I'm not sure the head coach is typically in charge of such minutia.)

And lighten up. If you got that mad at every guy that fucked your sister, you wouldn't have any friends at all.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No shit. If I'm USF I want my 60k back.