• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LMAO @ HOME COURT ADVANTAGE

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUST BECAUSE THE NUMBERS MAKE IT LOOK THAT WAY- DOESN'T PROVE YOUR CASE

You're claiming home court advantage doesn't exist. Again, home teams are 714-516 this season. That's a winning gap/difference of 198 games and a winning percentage of 58% at home.

So let's just ignore all the numbers and pretend home court advantage doesn't exist for no reason other than that YOU SAY IT DOESN'T EXIST?

Yep, let's just IGNORE ALL DATA. Because you say so.

I've seen players say that homecourt doesn't mean anything in the regular season

A 198 game win difference "doesn't mean anything"?

Last edited by a moderator:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're claiming home court advantage doesn't exist. Again, home teams are 714-516 this season. That's a winning gap/difference of 198 games and a winning percentage of 58% at home.

So let's just ignore all the numbers and pretend home court advantage doesn't exist for no reason other than that YOU SAY IT DOESN'T EXIST?

Yep, let's just IGNORE ALL DATA. Because you say so.

A 198 game win difference "doesn't mean anything"?

Not in the playoffs it doesn't - in the regular season - Homecourt can help some, but there is fatigue, teams on a winning streak and many other things that may be the difference. You cannot prove anyway or any where that all 198 or any of them for that matter were won only because of homecourt. Teams at home play poorly all of the time, and sometimes the road teams play very poorly on the road.

I appreciate the numbers - but they just don't prove that hca is significant

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in the playoffs it doesn't - in the regular season - Homecourt can help some, but there is fatigue, teams on a winning streak and many other things that may be the difference.

So, now you're saying that HCA doesn't matter in the playoffs?

Statistically, over the long term (multiple years of data), home teams win at around 65% in the playoffs compared to around 60% in the regular season.

In case that's not clear, statisically, home court advantage is EVEN BIGGER in the playoffs than in the regular season.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, now you're saying that HCA doesn't matter in the playoffs?

Statistically, over the long term (multiple years of data), home teams win at around 65% in the playoffs compared to around 60% in the regular season.

In case that's not clear, statisically, home court advantage is EVEN BIGGER in the playoffs than in the regular season.

Like I said - there is nothing to prove that it helps - just because teams have won at home more often than on the road - does not mean it's because of home court and in fact the best teams that win championships don't care where they play. The problem you have is that some of those games may have been won by the home team because of bad free throws by the other team, while others may have been won because of better rebounding, while others still yet because of excellent 3 point shooting, but If I was going to bet - I would be focusing on who is the better rebounding, who has the best post game, who has no 3 point shooting or the best. You can't tell me all of those things don't decide.

In fact I can tell you now that for the most part when Kobe Bryant shot 22 to 25 shots per game, the Lakers won more often than not - but when Kobe jacked up 30 or more shots - the Lakers almost always lost - regardless of homecourt.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just because teams have won at home more often than on the road - does not mean it's because of home court

That's like saying, "Just because winter temperatures are colder than summer temperatures, does not mean winter is colder than summer."

Right, so even though teams win at home 60-65% of the time, home court advantage doesn't exist.

Instead, over TENS OF THOUSANDS OF GAMES, they're winning at 10-15% over even, because of, what, random chance?

Winter temperatures are on average less than summer temperatures. But winter isn't actually any colder than summer ... it's just random chance!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 60% doesn't mean it is because of home court advantage - that just means the referees are calling the game in favor of the home teams more than they do the road games. If called fairly - that number would not be so high

WORD

th

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really doesn't although I have argued that Denver has existed in playoff contention because of it,but they have a huge advantage with the altitude and I noticed early this year that most teams ends up playing them on the second of a back to back situation which is something else you would have to look at. JUST BECAUSE THE NUMBERS MAKE IT LOOK THAT WAY - DOESN'T PROVE YOUR CASE. I'm sorry, but you have to look and consider some other factors like:

Is the road team on a back to back - if they are tired - you could be blaming the wrong culprit - fatigue is a big factor for teams on the road.

Teams on the road don't get to practice and get ready for their teams as much as the home team - this can affect the game.

What kind of move are the ref's are in and how they call the game - then combine it with how each team responds and adjusts to the calls

Basketball has a lot of random factors that affects the game. Homecourt may make it easier and it may even help a few teams in here and there - I said that from the beginning - but it's over-rated and it definitely is not the same in the playoffs like it is in the regular season. They play differently in the playoffs and I've seen players say that homecourt doesn't mean anything in the regular season

Wow!! Just..................Wow!! :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 60% doesn't mean it is because of home court advantage - that just means the referees are calling the game in favor of the home teams more than they do the road games. If called fairly - that number would not be so high

WORD

Have you ever played sports in front of a home crowd vs an away crowd? The difference is apparent. Most people play better at home. Its human nature.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, TLF is face palmed by other Laker fans who are on the same side as Botslayer...this world must be very weird for him hahahaha

All we need is CL to come in and like one of my posts and SportsHoopla will implode :laugh3:

Cheers every one!!!! Can't wait for the games today, although I will probably miss all but the MIA game.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, TLF is face palmed by other Laker fans who are on the same side as Botslayer...this world must be very weird for him hahahaha

All we need is CL to come in and like one of my posts and SportsHoopla will implode :laugh3:

Cheers every one!!!! Can't wait for the games today, although I will probably miss all but the MIA game.

And you dumb asses thinks having homecourt has helped er the Houston Rockets and Clippers?:laugh3:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever played sports in front of a home crowd vs an away crowd? The difference is apparent. Most people play better at home. Its human nature.

No one is saying that it isn't fun for the home team - of course it's fun and in the regular season - it obviously helps them a little bet because the refs normally cheat a bit for the home team, but in the playoffs I still maintain that homecourt advantage in a seven game series does not mean that much and can easily be over-come by a good team.

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is saying that it isn't fun for the home team - of course it's fun and in the regular season - it obviously helps them a little bet because the refs normally cheat a bit for the home team, but in the playoffs I still maintain that homecourt advantage in a seven game series does not mean that much and can easily be over-come by a good team.
it's GOOD to have HOME COURT ADVANTAGE,but it doesn't mean your are going to win the series.
and it also doesn't GUARANTEE you will THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP IN A 7 GAME SERIES.
SO,I MUST AGREE WITH TRUE LAKER FAN.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you dumb asses thinks having homecourt has helped er the Houston Rockets and Clippers?:laugh3:

6-game dataset: TLF believes this is HOLY WRIT because it fits his viewpoint.

Tens-of-thousands-of-games dataset: TLF ignores this because it doesn't.

6 game dataset is somehow more accurate a representation than tens of thousands of games!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the way homecourt advantage has help Houston and the Clippers

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the way homecourt advantage has help Houston and the Clippers

Let's use TLF logic and selectively choose small datasets while ignoring larger ones: The Lakers were one of the worst teams this season. Therefore the Lakers have sucked forever and ever and are the worst team in the history of NBA and could never possibly have won a championship in the past, and all those past championships don't count!

:yahoo:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's use TLF logic and selectively choose small datasets while ignoring larger ones: The Lakers were one of the worst teams this season. Therefore the Lakers have sucked forever and ever and are the worst team in the history of NBA and could never possibly have won a championship in the past, and all those past championships don't count!

:yahoo:

Another ay to look at it is that the Lakers 27 wins included wins over the Clippers, Hawks, Rockets, Warriors, Nets, Grizzlies, Raptors, Blazers, Thunder and Spurs.

That's 10 wins vs. playoff teams. Clearly, the Lakers are the best team in the NBA.:lol:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So TLF fucked up another thread?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1