• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LMAO @ HOME COURT ADVANTAGE

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these teams played for HCA in round 1 and 2 days into the playoffs, 5 of those 8 teams no longer have HCA and will be forced to win on the road if they want to advance to the next round :laugh3::laugh3:

If I had to take a guess I would say 3 of the 5 won't win back HCA

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather be a 6 or 5 seed than a 3 or 4 nowadays

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first opening weekend is the toughest one for the higher seed.

I think my Spurs have lost in the opening weekend at home 7 or 8 times in the Duncan era.

It is tough.....I am still worried about game 2.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first opening weekend is the toughest one for the higher seed.

I think my Spurs have lost in the opening weekend at home 7 or 8 times in the Duncan era.

It is tough.....I am still worried about game 2.

Yeah but Spurs, OKC, and Miami are battle tested so you don't get too worried if they lose game 1 to a 7 or 8 seed. Teams like Toronto, LAC, and HOU I'm not sure if they will be able to overcome this. I can easily see Brooklyn, Portland, and GSW all holding serve at home and winning each of those series in 6

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home court advantage means very little if anything at all if two teams are evenly matched

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 19 games, the lower seeds are 10-9

Last year after 19, they were 3-16

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a really weird year...I think you are listening to the Herd Doors?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 19 games, the lower seeds are 10-9

Last year after 19, they were 3-16

Yep. I don't recall all of the specifics form last season. However - there really is not much difference from top to bottom in either conference right now (based on actual play - not reputation or past history). In the East - beyond probably the Heat - there is no clear cut team that is head & shoulders above everyone (the Pacers might actually be the worst of the group).

In the West - any of the eight teams is capable of beating each other on any night regardless of the location of the game. There are just a lot of very good teams in the West. Oh well - this certainly makes things a lot more exciting & I love seeing outlets like ESPN be wrong when prior to the playoffs they pretty much ignore about 3/4 of the playoff teams.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think TMZPN is wrong on purpose. The majority of people watching it are clueless so when TMZPN says something people believe it, then when TMZPN is wrong the people just remember that "it was the biggest upset of the century" and think they witnessed history. What they really witnessed was a mass hyped propaganda campaign taking advantage of the simple minded.

This sells their product.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh?

2 teams are evenly matched HCA is that much bigger.

If that was true - most of the teams that had home court advantage would not need to get a win on the road. I think that number was 5 of 8 lost HMA already. The proof is in the numbers. Home court means very little

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that was true - most of the teams that had home court advantage would not need to get a win on the road. I think that number was 5 of 8 lost HMA already. The proof is in the numbers. Home court means very little

You single out a single year through week 1 of the playoffs (that everyone is calling an anomaly) as your evidence?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think TMZPN is wrong on purpose. The majority of people watching it are clueless so when TMZPN says something people believe it, then when TMZPN is wrong the people just remember that "it was the biggest upset of the century" and think they witnessed history. What they really witnessed was a mass hyped propaganda campaign taking advantage of the simple minded.

This sells their product.

I put alot of the LeBron hate at the feet of ESPiN. When you hear some stupid shit from them like "LeBron James is the only player in NBA history with the initials LBJ to score 30 points and grab 10 rebounds in a Game 7."

They know that only fuels the LeBron hate. Which in turn motivates a response from the LBJ fan.

Which keeps giving them ratings.

Which then leads me to the real villain in all of this.

You fans out there who live and breathe by the gospel of ESPN.

ESPN will never give us credible sports information until enough people turn off their bullshit and watch something else that will.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ROB BINGO!!!

The decision was their idea (which most people cite for the reason of their hatred) and as soon as that went a little sour TMZPN covered it for 2 years basically leaving LBJ out to dry for the sake of ratings.

Fucking disgusting.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You single out a single year through week 1 of the playoffs (that everyone is calling an anomaly) as your evidence?

BULLSHIT - HCA has never meant that much better than zero. Both teams still have to play as hard as they can, coaches still have to call time outs, and everyone still has to contribute. You can't even name more than one or two teams from the last ten years that clearly won an entire series because of HCA. Stop already- you sound retarded

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe in certain situations that is true. However, look up the last time the road team won Game 7 in the NBA Finals....

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been discussed and the math has been discussed.

The problem with the records is that the better team has HCA more often in game 7s.

This is much less a factor in all playoff games.

But to get a completely unbiased record you need to find the deviation from the expected outcome of a matchup on neutral grounds.

Either way that deviation from the expected outcome is considerably larger in the playoffs because the games are more fairly scheduled and that shows that HCA is indeed very important.

#GordonTrue I believe is the one who discussed this and had the best posts on it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe in certain situations that is true. However, look up the last time the road team won Game 7 in the NBA Finals....

It was the Bullets in 1978, but sample size is an issue here, as there's only been 6 Game 7's in the Finals since then.

Prior to those 6, all won by the home team, the away team won 3 out of 4.

And let's not forget the reason that the home team is playing at home.... its because they are the better team. Perhaps they won because they were the better team... not just because they were at home.:noidea:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been discussed and the math has been discussed.

The problem with the records is that the better team has HCA more often in game 7s.

This is much less a factor in all playoff games.

But to get a completely unbiased record you need to find the deviation from the expected outcome of a matchup on neutral grounds.

Either way that deviation from the expected outcome is considerably larger in the playoffs because the games are more fairly scheduled and that shows that HCA is indeed very important.

#GordonTrue I believe is the one who discussed this and had the best posts on it.

Beat me to it :-)

Here's that the thread he's talking about