• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Live William and Mary vs WVU Thread

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't panic in game 1 like some of you fair weather fans. You need to pull your skirt up and understand this is a NEW team. What don't you understand about that? This team will get better but you have to give it time and quit bitchin like a whiney little girlscout. We all would have liked to have won by 40 but it didn't happen --get over it. Bitch when bitching is warranted. You got no claim today in Game 1 ---come back and bitch in Game 6 when and if we are still offensively inept.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair weather? Fair weather fans don't bother to bitch. I bitch because I want my team to do well. I don't glorify a 7 point win over a hapless team and claim there's nothing wrong with my team. WVU won today because W&M did not have the depth that WVU does. That sort of thing happens when you have 20 fewer scholarships than your opponent. I'm worried because W&M WAS BETTER THAN WVU. How do you expect to hang with Oklahoma NEXT WEEK? Go drink your kool aid and celebrate this win. It might be WVU's last this year.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diehard, what is there about Holgorsen's time as our coach makes you think this team will get better? In each of his previous two years, the team has regressed throughout the year. This year is going to be a long one, the defense was no better than last year, and the offense was HORRIBLE outside of Sims. Being a realist is NOT being a fair weather fan, but claiming there was ANYTHING good to be seen today is PURE homerism.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next week will be UGLY!!!!!

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am sure we all want to win. Was it pretty? No Is it the end of the world? No Is it Game 1 ? Yes WV will not beat OKLA on the road--period. You knew that shit before you started bitching in here today. If WV would have won by 40 --they still wont beat OU on the road--so what the fuck is your point? You won a tight game with freshman and inexperienced players and then act like a retard because they don't win by 40? Please--this is same shit you did when people hated and ran you off the CBS boards. It will be a little tougher for ya here to pull that BS this year.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we won. I was a bit more heartened by the defensive play in the second half. I'm sure there is a ton of work to do. I do like the 3-4 defense, especially the dline play. I can only shake my head at the secondary. Too many times we make no name QB's look like Heisman players! Anyways, way to go Mountaineers!!!!

aussierugbyfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not pretty by any means BUT those are new Mountaineers. All skill positions were either new to WVU or saw very limited playing time in the past. Good points are: 1) we have our starting QB (Millard did a very respectable job and should only get better); 2) Sims & Smith can get some yards; 3) quite a few freshman stepped up today - Shorts for 1; 4) specialty teams are much improved PLUS we have one hell of a punter!!!!!! AND 5) one of the best things about the win are the new Mountaineers really getting into singing County Roads with the crowd Instagram

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being TIED with a SORRY 1AA team deep in the fourth quarter IS reason to bitch, if I remember correctly YOU bitched loud and hard about the comeback win in OT at Marshall in 2010, THAT was reason to fire a coach, but beating a LOUSY 1AA team, purely by being deeper isnt. YEAH.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made up my mind after spring ball, that we were going to have some high points, and low points, this season. I've said it before, we Mountaineer fans are a demanding bunch, we want our teams in all sports to do well, and we are willing to give the benefit of doubt to our coaches, but know this also, if we come to perceive that ANY coach is lacking, we pounce like wild rabid dogs. Somewhere in those dark lowly places tonight, there is an idiot with a rope, a straw dummy and a can of gas, just waiting, so young bald dude better step it up. He is suppose to be an offensive genius, and honestly, I saw an average, at best, team today. That won't do in the Big 12, we have got to settle down quickly and our defense has got to rise to a much higher level if we are to have even a measure of success in the conference this year. Short of that, young bald dude will be history. We have a tendency to do that to good coaches, but we are even harder on bad ones.

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a Win. And barely winning is a good thing instead of winning by 30. We can only learn from this close call. Take the points next week. Don't count WVU Out And Stop your fucking crying

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy How bout them special teams DAD--your ole boy Billy couldn't do that could he? He sucked ass at special teams and it killed WV. I liked Billy Stewart but he was not head coach material. He had no real offensive scheme. This team will get better and think there is a lot to be positive about.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diehard, there were still coverage issues on kicks, and your offensive comment could be turned to defense and describe the playboy. He has NO clue about defense, and I really wonder about his offense after watching all those great skill players sputter in the last half of last year, and watching an entire team that looked lost yesterday. Stewart was much more HC material than Holgorsen is, Stewart learned from the clock debacle at Colorado, and ran the team in a hard nosed, old head manner. Holgorsen has repeated his clock management foolishness over and over again. You are pointing at punts against a LOUSY 1AA teams as being good special teams. Take off your homer glasses, if the same team that played Saturday shows up every week, WVU MAY win one more game. You are taking up for a guy who will do good to win 4 games this year after being one of the guys saying 9 wins was a failure.........

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DH used this game a s a glorified spring game and it almost cost us, subbing entire Oline units/ QB's when the game was still tight? Trying out our new kicker from 50+ before our defense has any flow? These are moves that are going to get him fired if he is not careful. Dana IMO should put Childress at QB and go with it, he has the most upside and this team wont be breaking any win records this year anyway. He has a long leash because of all the new players, but he has to realize that we are not a top 25 team yet and adjust his coaching as such.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diehard, there were still coverage issues on kicks, and your offensive comment could be turned to defense and describe the playboy. He has NO clue about defense, and I really wonder about his offense after watching all those great skill players sputter in the last half of last year, and watching an entire team that looked lost yesterday. Stewart was much more HC material than Holgorsen is, Stewart learned from the clock debacle at Colorado, and ran the team in a hard nosed, old head manner. Holgorsen has repeated his clock management foolishness over and over again. You are pointing at punts against a LOUSY 1AA teams as being good special teams. Take off your homer glasses, if the same team that played Saturday shows up every week, WVU MAY win one more game. You are taking up for a guy who will do good to win 4 games this year after being one of the guys saying 9 wins was a failure.........

6 wins in the Big 12 > 9 wins in the BE, seasons still young and you may well be right, but we will see.

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad Please Break your nice boy stewart bobble head doll and lets talk about the living. Stewart was a Nice Man but not a coach. If we have a bad year we have a bad year, but stop all the bull right out of the gate. Or just forget about WVU and go to the Ohio state games instead. We will get better each week

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am REALLY sick of reading you guys deride the conference that had the best OOC record of ANY league and the ONLY league with a winning record against the SEC. Fraud, Stewart, and Holgorsen ALL three went 5-2 in the BE. The B12 is the weakest of the five remaining big leagues. The years are getting WORSE, not only is Holgorsen NOT a nice guy, he is no head coach.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND in case you didnt notice, when in the BE, WVU played a legitimate ooc schedule, Luck ran to buy out real ooc games to try and set Holgorsen up with six guaranteed wins a year. WVU WAS a respected national brand who is now an afterthought. Oklahoma and KSU are probably better than the BE teams, but the rest of the B12 is no better than anyone in the BE, yes Texas and OSU have name recognition, but they dont play any better ball.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
care to breakdown the USF/UConn games for us? How did Syracuse do vs a ravaged Penn State/(BTW Luck has us playing them in a few years and I KNOW you like that), care to set up a sPitt/FSU thread for Monday night? Of course not, we all know whats gonna happen to the sewer pitt. C'mon Dad, AT WORST the B12 is the 3rd best conference in the country, I say we are just behind the SEC, Texas looked great week 1 and if they have their act together can and will beat anyone anywhere in the country, OU looked good against a team that beat or scared crap out of many a good program last year and returned their qb this year. OSU beat a sound MSU team and TCU held their own vs what looks to me like the best team in the country in LSU, The B12 is on another planet compared to the BigEast.