• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Live William and Mary vs WVU Thread

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac.....wouldn't Kansas st be a automatic win now since a close W means we suck, they actually lost....they might not win a game this year if we use some of our fans rational.
They lost to a 2 time national champion. Not a team that continually finishes in the bottom 2 of their conference. By your logic losing to Alabama by a field goal makes a team worse than beating Kentucky by scoring a TD with 3 minutes left.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost to a 2 time national champion. Not a team that continually finishes in the bottom 2 of their conference. By your logic losing to Alabama by a field goal makes a team worse than beating Kentucky by scoring a TD with 3 minutes left.

So losing to the FCS champ is better than a w....you guys crack me up....I didn't realize our win over JMU last year was so big since they were a recent champ.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey DC, you were one of the ones saying a few years ago that a close win was not good enough against LSU............ Now an unispirred win purely from being deeper over a 1AA team is reason to celebrate, WOW
:wtf2:

Three years going 5-2 your boy is a great coach, first year no exp coach comes in and goes 5-2 as well but he can't coach...your logic is solid. When did we have a close win against LSU?

9-4=7-6 in big 12. Your boy would not have won a game last year....much like Devine and PW senior year we would have wasted bailey, Austin, and Geno talent. Recruiting tactics we would have about 45 players on the team with walk ons at every position of the two deep. but hey at least he was a nice guy. :lame:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange that ALL the recruiting services had two of his three years as the BEST classes in school history, a LOT of talent walked away from the team last year, after your playboy said what great chemistry the team had, strange that that was the same time that the offense decided to take some time off. Stewart's teams improved during the season, and when they lost it was because of PHYSICAL errors, a poorly timed fumble, a tipped ball pick. They showed up ready to play in every game except the ECU game and the bowl after the offensive coaches were fired. Holgorsen is still having time out wasting and poor clock management, his team still shows up and doesn't play hard, the gameplan looks like a kid drew it in the dirt behind the Jr High school. Are you REALLY saying that Smith, Austin, and Bailey (Stewart recruits) were NOT wasted last year????????

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem I see from last weekend is that we all were excited over our punter..........

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness BS took over a team coming off three straight 11 win seasons, coached in the BE and went 9-4 three straight years no BCS bowls. Dana went to a BCS bowl and had 10 wins his first season in the BE after taking over a team that had 9 wins for three seasons. If we were in the BE last year the Defense would have looked a lot better against the week BE offense, and we would have went to a BCS bowl.

This is only Dana's first recruiting class give him two more and see where we are heading. If we suck then bitch.

Dana didn't destroy the defense, graduation did. The cupboard was pretty bare whe he took over except for a few stars. We are getting more depth, this defence will be better then the one two years ago next year guaranteed.

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU DAD I am sick of listening to your dumb Fuuking comments about Stewart. He wasn't a good coach. He sucked. He was a Nice guy that walked into a good team and had a couple good years but not Great. Is your life so empty that you have to try to raise the Dead. Dana is our coach and I hope we do good and grow each week win or lose. But to listen to your shit everyday how bad we are is just out right STUPID. Get A LIFE or go beat your kid or kick your Dog. Get a Life

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JGB, unlike some on these PUBLIC boards, I am not going to sit here and cheer a poor coach on just because Luck decided to hire him. College sports are about the school, team, players, students, and fans. Luck fired a good coach who had the team trending upward, like I said, the two best recruiting classes in school history were in those years, so the cupboard was far from bare. Holgorsen is an offensive coach, Stewart preferred defense. Most schools would be happy as hell to have three nine win seasons in a row, and if you watched and paid attention, you would know that the BE was much better than advertised, Fraud is a damn good coach and managed the same 5-2 in his last two years as Stewart did. And in case you didn't notice, the OOC schedule was just a bit stronger in 2008, 2009, and 2010 than it was in those 11 win seasons. I am sick of you guy canonizing a guy for a worse job performance than the guy you wanted run out of town. I do not want to see our football program sink to the bottom of the heap. Joining the B12 in a knee jerk reaction was a mistake we will have to live with for years to come, probably to the point of WVU being in CUSA or MAC before its done, as when the "super conferences" happen, it is the B12 that will be a memory. Luck is ruining WVU athletics, and you guys are blindly following him like so many lemmings off a cliff.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah those recruiting classes were ranked real high with players that never showed up, one playing at maryland, one at Marshall....we have seven SRs this year, of which 4 are starting...wow what a strong class. How about never filling a class, if you can't see how that hurt us your just blind.

Jgb...problem with pittdad is while he might be right about a bunch of us not liking stew, we never rooted for our team to lose to boost our own private agendas. We may have complained about aspects of a game, but never did I attend a game or sit down with the family and root for failure. I don't think we will win this weekend, but watch how he gloats if that becomes a reality. He is no fan and it is sad the flying WV sits next to his name.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, Luck has made me, and many other people I know, not care if we win or lose. WVU football USED to be fun, win, lose or tie, it was fun. WVU now plays teams which are all at least a thousand miles away, with which we have very little history. Since Holgorsen arrived, the team was 100% ready to play the game exactly ONCE, which says that the talent was there, but the coaching has not been. No talent bums can not go to a major bowl and dominate it, no matter the coach. Maybe you like to see the team get worse as the year goes on, maybe you like to watch your team get blown out of the stadium 1 in 4 games, maybe you like "rivals" 1500 miles away, playing in (again) the most unstable big conference. I do NOT like those things, and I do not like the direction Luck is taking WVU athletics, or the direction Holgorsen is taking the football team. He may be a hell of a coach one day, but today is NOT that day. By the way, a LOT of those players left because of the great chemistry on Holgorsen's team, several right as the offense disappeared last season.

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVUDUD Please Send your Degree back to WVU. I know you won't get your money back, but it would of been nice if you just went to Pitt. I didn't Like Stewart. He sucked plane and simple, I will give Holgorsen a few years. He is 10 times the Coach That Stewart was. Because Stewart Was a towel Boy around the Locker room, That's all he was good for. Water Boy Stew Sucked BUTTTTTTTT he was a nice Guy

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, Luck has made me, and many other people I know, not care if we win or lose. WVU football USED to be fun, win, lose or tie, it was fun. WVU now plays teams which are all at least a thousand miles away, with which we have very little history.

So Luck is to "blame" for us joining the Big 12 after being left for dead by Pitt,BC,VT,Miami,SU? Well I say thank you Ollie and the new weight room looks phenomenal. BTW care to post a new coach wish list? Stew is dead so...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well GoldRusher, what should Luck have done? Stayed in the Big East so we could be in there with UConn, Temple, East Carolina? Pitt left. Syracuse left. Louisville would have been in the Big 12 instead of us. So the ACC would have stolen another school that wasn't WVU.

You want to bitch about being in the Big 12, but guess what, that was the only move to make. Otherwise we'd be playing in the AAC or whatever they're calling it now that the Big East has died. The SEC rejected us. So did the ACC. Don't think for a second that the B1G would call either.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So losing to the FCS champ is better than a w....you guys crack me up....I didn't realize our win over JMU last year was so big since they were a recent champ.
You're a dumbass. JMU won a national title a decade ago. That's not recent. NDST won THE LAST TWO. They are expected to win it again this year.

2012 avg margin of victory NDST 21.5 / W&M -3.4

BTW, who said that they beat UVA? UVA beat W&M... by 37...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as Swofford hates WVU, IF UL had been invited to the B12, then when Maryland bolted to the B11, the ACC had two choices, WVU, which brings value in football & basketball, and UConn which bring GREAT basketball value. I think he would have been hard pressed to keep WVU out of the league with all the former BE teams voting. Guys, there are going to be FOUR, not five super conferences, and the B12 is going to be the one to go away. Texas, OU, TT, OSU will be in the PAC, KU and Ia St to the B11, Baylor, TCU, WVU, and KSU will be searching for a place. WVU will be lobbying hard for a spot in the ACC or SEC, as they will each need two more teams. We ARE in the BE West now.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty funny.... going through the exact same BS with Dad that we've seen for the past 3 years.

On one hand, Dad stirs the pot and keeps threads alive and active with his posts.

On the other hand, his POV seems very offensive.

Obviously, his opinion is set. So... bang your head against a wall trying to change it.... or, stop responding to his nonsense.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well GoldRusher, what should Luck have done? Stayed in the Big East so we could be in there with UConn, Temple, East Carolina? Pitt left. Syracuse left. Louisville would have been in the Big 12 instead of us. So the ACC would have stolen another school that wasn't WVU.

You want to bitch about being in the Big 12, but guess what, that was the only move to make. Otherwise we'd be playing in the AAC or whatever they're calling it now that the Big East has died. The SEC rejected us. So did the ACC. Don't think for a second that the B1G would call either.

Mac,

Gold rusher supports the move to the Big 12. He was bashing Dad with his post you quoted.

You need to convince Dad that the Big 12 is the best option for WVU.

Good luck with that btw...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a dumbass. JMU won a national title a decade ago. That's not recent. NDST won THE LAST TWO. They are expected to win it again this year.

2012 avg margin of victory NDST 21.5 / W&M -3.4

BTW, who said that they beat UVA? UVA beat W&M... by 37...

I am not the dumbass claiming a L to a division II team is better than a W.....any W is better than any L. Oh I guess 0-11 of close wins is a great thing...

Not sure about the UVA thing, but I do remember hearing that...at this point who cares Oklahoma is next and I hope we have a good showing.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac,

Gold rusher supports the move to the Big 12. He was bashing Dad with his post you quoted.

You need to convince Dad that the Big 12 is the best option for WVU.

Good luck with that btw...

I absolutely agree with the move to the B12, I was just pointing out to Dad that Luck did the only thing he COULD do and btw got us in a better conference where we are going to be knocking down million$ more per year than what we would have been getting in the ACC while still being NotreDames butt toy.

He knows better I know but I can't resist poking him with a stick when he gets like this.