• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Live William and Mary vs WVU Thread

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2009 Mike. The last time they played UVA the Hoos beat them by 37. That's like claiming that we could beat Clemson because of the Orange bowl. Actually, that would be more relevant. So, think we take Clemson?

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not the dumbass claiming a L to a division II team is better than a W.....any W is better than any L. Oh I guess 0-11 of close wins is a great thing...

Not sure about the UVA thing, but I do remember hearing that...at this point who cares Oklahoma is next and I hope we have a good showing.
Not all D1AA (not D2) are the same. Just as not all D1A schools are the same. So you think a 12-0 team from the sunbelt is better than an 11-1 team from the SEC, Big 12, B1G, PAC12? Playing in the Big East taught you nothing.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2009 Mike. The last time they played UVA the Hoos beat them by 37. That's like claiming that we could beat Clemson because of the Orange bowl. Actually, that would be more relevant. So, think we take Clemson?

I know it was 2009, someone said they couldn't find where W&M beat UVA, that is why I posted the link.

I realize W&M has sucked for several years. Not comparing it to anything.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was absolutely no way in hell the ACC was going to invite us. UCONN would not have been invited either.

The ACC has it against us from way back in the Southern Conference days. We weren't invited then and never will be.

The ACC will never invite UCONN, the ACC has it in for UCONN from the lawsuit they filled when BC left for the ACC.

My money would have been on Cincinnati getting the invite. All this is hypothetical, and we will never know for sure now the way things have transpired.

No AAU means no invite from the BIG.

The SEC doesn't want us ever, look they took Mizz.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU belongs in the B12 just as much as Boise belonged in the BE. When the four "super" conferences are put together in a few years, which of the five now will go away????? With the four team "playoff" what makes more sense, four leagues, or five???? Joining the B12 will go down as one of the most boneheaded sports moves ever. The ACC and SEC will be looking for teams to get to 16, while Swofford hates WVU, the league presidents hold the power, and they would have relented and took us in the next round. The SEC was close to taking us last time, but Mizz got more votes. Half of the B12 WANTED to leave a couple years ago, and next time the PAC comes, they will go. Nebraska has no AAU status??????????? In the end there will be the ACC, PAC, SEC, and B11 and a bunch of wanna bes....

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU belongs in the B12 just as much as Boise belonged in the BE. When the four "super" conferences are put together in a few years, which of the five now will go away????? With the four team "playoff" what makes more sense, four leagues, or five???? Joining the B12 will go down as one of the most boneheaded sports moves ever. The ACC and SEC will be looking for teams to get to 16, while Swofford hates WVU, the league presidents hold the power, and they would have relented and took us in the next round. The SEC was close to taking us last time, but Mizz got more votes. Half of the B12 WANTED to leave a couple years ago, and next time the PAC comes, they will go. Nebraska has no AAU status??????????? In the end there will be the ACC, PAC, SEC, and B11 and a bunch of wanna bes....

Nebraska had AAU status at the time of their admission to the BIG, but no longer.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was absolutely no way in hell the ACC was going to invite us. UCONN would not have been invited either.

The ACC has it against us from way back in the Southern Conference days. We weren't invited then and never will be.

The ACC will never invite UCONN, the ACC has it in for UCONN from the lawsuit they filled when BC left for the ACC.

My money would have been on Cincinnati getting the invite. All this is hypothetical, and we will never know for sure now the way things have transpired.

No AAU means no invite from the BIG.

The SEC doesn't want us ever, look they took Mizz.
:agree:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gold, the AAU was already in the process of taking away the AAU status of Nebraska at the time they were invited

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gold, the AAU was already in the process of taking away the AAU status of Nebraska at the time they were invited

The BIG is not happy about the loss of the AAU, Nebraska is working on getting the AAU affiliation back.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With every other Big Ten school holding AAU membership, UNL Chancellor Harvey Perlman told the Chicago Tribune in 2010, it was doubtful that UNL would have been invited to join the Big Ten had it not been an AAU member

http://journalstar.com/news/local/e...cle_19188dda-afe7-57c8-aa2c-c1939ec5acb4.html

But Nebraska had one other criterion vital to Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany and the conference's presidents and chancellors: membership in the AAU.

Nebraska has it all to attract Big Ten, most importantly AAU membership - Chicago Tribune