• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

List your team's major busts during the BCS era

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see golson being a complete bust. everyone is happy he is back but he really wasn't anything special his freshman yr. he has potential but I don't have high expectations for him

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard for me to think of a more disastrous move than Tennessee's promotion of Mike Hamilton to Director of Men's Athletics. His tenure produced the collapse of four programs, NCAA sanctions, and financial ruin. Can you top that?

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Tyler Love- OL
2. BJ Scott- ATH
3. Dee Hart- RB
4. Danny Woodson Jr.- RB
5. Phelon Jones- DB

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
completely misread the title this morning. Mondays....

yourTEAMreallySUCKS

Sooner, Cock, Rise Up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally different. Strong has proven himself as a HC already. Gonna love it when he whips your overrated and overhyped asses :yahoo:

You're exactly right. Strong did coach before, and I forgot that metoyer had never played football before being recruited. :L

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Montana. Joe's son. Highly touted coming out of Oaks Christian H.S. in Cali. He was supposed to be the guy who got the job after Jake Locker. He ended up getting dominated right out of the gate by Keith Price who won the starting job.

Joe and his wife would fly up here and stand on the sidelines during practices. The woman was never without an ensemble of high priced jewelry that made her look like traveling royalty.

Joe quietly made a massive fortune off the endorsement deals for those Sketcher warm-up shoes which sold like hot cakes for years. He was wealthy to begin with, but the Sketcher money stuffed the Montana household with an obscene amount of $$$$.

When Nick didn't land the starting job, Joe was beyond pissed at Sark. He made Nick transfer out quickly trying to get on another major program team as quickly as possible. He played for a Juco for a year. Last I heard, he was playing for Tulane.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd add Eddie Williams. He was a 5-star.

1. Tyler Love- OL
2. BJ Scott- ATH
3. Dee Hart- RB
4. Danny Woodson Jr.- WR
5. Phelon Jones- DB

6. Eddie Williams- DB

Out of curiosity... Where the hell is Dee Liner? Haven't even heard his name this offseason...he's supposed to be beast.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably Corey Adams for ASU. He was the other 5 star in the Burfict/Sutton class. Adams just couldn't get healthy though. 2 major injuries slowed him down a ton.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Limas Sweed had so much talent from the day he stepped onto the 40 Acres, he could have been one of the best WRs in CFB history... not even kidding.

Instead he was the laziest, most underachieving players of all time.

I could make a 10 minute video clip of just him standing around NOT BLOCKING ANYONE holding his arms up in a "touchdown" pose while his team mates struggle to score TDs.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Limas Sweed had so much talent from the day he stepped onto the 40 Acres, he could have been one of the best WRs in CFB history... not even kidding.

Instead he was the laziest, most underachieving players of all time.

I could make a 10 minute video clip of just him standing around NOT BLOCKING ANYONE holding his arms up in a "touchdown" pose while his team mates struggle to score TDs.
-
You know Texas just signed Limas cousin. Louis Brown.. Great athlete.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two I immediately thought of were Harrison Beck and Marlon Lucky. Lucky was good but a let down considering how highly touted he was. Beck transferred after Callaturd burned his RS and never did anything significant at NC State(?).

Was Lucky the RB that was like 5'5?
Sorry was offline for a day or two.

I think you are thinking of Cory Ross, 5'6", poor man's Darren Sproles. He was right before Lucky if I recall correctly.

Lucky was 6' or just under, highly recruited out of Hollywood, CA.

FatDaddy6003

CBS Survivor
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,741.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about the players who had all the hype, probably was a 5 star, but didn't make an impact and didn't live up to the hype.

For Texas:

1. Garrett Gilbert - 5 star, USA and National Gatorade Player of the Year, all time leading passer in Texas high school football history and won back to back state titles. After almost bringing Texas back against Bama in the NC game back in '09, all of Longhorn Nation thought for sure we had our next great QB in the BCS era after VY and Colt. It never happened.

2. Christina Simms - 5 star, major, major hype coming out of high school, switched his commitment from Tenn to Texas and son of Phil Simms. He won a shit ton of games, but will forever be known for never beating OU and choking away our shot at Miami in the BCS title game back in '01.

3. Frank Okam - 5 star DT, one of the best in the country coming out of high school. Never made an impact and IMO, was fucking soft as hell.

4. Edorian McCullough - 5 star DB with 4.3 speed. One of the best in the country. I don't even know what happened to this guy. I just know he rarely ever saw the field.

5. Jordan Hicks - 5 star and was the top LB in the country out of high school I believe. Injury prone, so not sure what his capability is b/c this guy is always fucking hurt.

6. Mason Walters - the epitome of soft. Former 5 star. Actually, from '08 through today, our O-line has easily been one of the softest in the country. Hopefully, Wickline is taking care of that.

Romance Taylor - 4,010 rushing yards and 62 touchdowns over three years in High School then had a great start at Texas but arrest and booted from team...

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about the players who had all the hype, probably was a 5 star, but didn't make an impact and didn't live up to the hype.

For Texas:

1. Garrett Gilbert - 5 star, USA and National Gatorade Player of the Year, all time leading passer in Texas high school football history and won back to back state titles. After almost bringing Texas back against Bama in the NC game back in '09, all of Longhorn Nation thought for sure we had our next great QB in the BCS era after VY and Colt. It never happened.

2. Christina Simms - 5 star, major, major hype coming out of high school, switched his commitment from Tenn to Texas and son of Phil Simms. He won a shit ton of games, but will forever be known for never beating OU and choking away our shot at Miami in the BCS title game back in '01.

3. Frank Okam - 5 star DT, one of the best in the country coming out of high school. Never made an impact and IMO, was fucking soft as hell.

4. Edorian McCullough - 5 star DB with 4.3 speed. One of the best in the country. I don't even know what happened to this guy. I just know he rarely ever saw the field.

5. Jordan Hicks - 5 star and was the top LB in the country out of high school I believe. Injury prone, so not sure what his capability is b/c this guy is always fucking hurt.

6. Mason Walters - the epitome of soft. Former 5 star. Actually, from '08 through today, our O-line has easily been one of the softest in the country. Hopefully, Wickline is taking care of that.
-------
Bill Callahan
occasion14.gif

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, Ramonce 4.9lbs of weed Taylor is probably the most talented athlete ever to step onto the 40 Acres. He was a Reggie Bush like talent... but then I got high