• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

List your team's major busts during the BCS era

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about the players who had all the hype, probably was a 5 star, but didn't make an impact and didn't live up to the hype.

For Texas:

1. Garrett Gilbert - 5 star, USA and National Gatorade Player of the Year, all time leading passer in Texas high school football history and won back to back state titles. After almost bringing Texas back against Bama in the NC game back in '09, all of Longhorn Nation thought for sure we had our next great QB in the BCS era after VY and Colt. It never happened.

2. Christina Simms - 5 star, major, major hype coming out of high school, switched his commitment from Tenn to Texas and son of Phil Simms. He won a shit ton of games, but will forever be known for never beating OU and choking away our shot at Miami in the BCS title game back in '01.

3. Frank Okam - 5 star DT, one of the best in the country coming out of high school. Never made an impact and IMO, was fucking soft as hell.

4. Edorian McCullough - 5 star DB with 4.3 speed. One of the best in the country. I don't even know what happened to this guy. I just know he rarely ever saw the field.

5. Jordan Hicks - 5 star and was the top LB in the country out of high school I believe. Injury prone, so not sure what his capability is b/c this guy is always fucking hurt.

6. Mason Walters - the epitome of soft. Former 5 star. Actually, from '08 through today, our O-line has easily been one of the softest in the country. Hopefully, Wickline is taking care of that.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you listed more 5 stars in your OP than Iowa had during BCS Era.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you listed more 5 stars in your OP than Iowa had during BCS Era.

The way these websites rate these guys is pretty mind boggling sometime. Rashad Babino was a 2 star LB coming out of high school and he was an awesome LB for us and played like a 5 star. Some of these guys Mack Brown recruited over the last 4 years wouldn't start at programs like Bama, LSU, FSU, etc.....

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two I immediately thought of were Harrison Beck and Marlon Lucky. Lucky was good but a let down considering how highly touted he was. Beck transferred after Callaturd burned his RS and never did anything significant at NC State(?).

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the top of my head...

Jake Christensen - 4 star QB - Was promising for Iowa but didn't even last a season.

Greg Garmon - 4 star RB - Legal problems and left

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two I immediately thought of were Harrison Beck and Marlon Lucky. Lucky was good but a let down considering how highly touted he was. Beck transferred after Callaturd burned his RS and never did anything significant at NC State(?).

Was Lucky the RB that was like 5'5?

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rhett Bomar - #2 QB, 5*, #4 overall on rivals, thx Rhett

Jermie Calhoun - #2 RB, 5*, #19 overall on rivals, transferred after being buried for years on the depth chart

R.J. Washington - DE, 5*, #1 DE, #13 overall on rivals, never made an impact

There were some 5* JUCO guys like Moe Dampeer, Trey Metoyer, and Mike Reed that barely or never saw the field.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Oregon

Cameron Colvin 5* WR injury prone for much of his career. lost the Cal game in 2007 fumbling in the end zone.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rhett Bomar - #2 QB, 5*, #4 overall on rivals, thx Rhett

Jermie Calhoun - #2 RB, 5*, #19 overall on rivals, transferred after being buried for years on the depth chart

R.J. Washington - DE, 5*, #1 DE, #13 overall on rivals, never made an impact

There were some 5* JUCO guys like Moe Dampeer, Trey Metoyer, and Mike Reed that barely or never saw the field.

I remember you boys were creaming your pants over Metoyer and were hyping him up before he took one snap over at Disney back in the day.....Calhoun never panned out b/c that guy was dumber than a box of rocks and could barely read.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember you boys were creaming your pants over Metoyer and were hyping him up before he took one snap over at Disney back in the day.....Calhoun never panned out b/c that guy was dumber than a box of rocks and could barely read.

You're just mad because he flashed his penis in front of you...don't lie.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alejandro Maldonado - when people say you Maldonadoed it when you fuck something up you know your kicker blows. Blew two FGs that would have put Oregon in the NCG.

yourTEAMreallySUCKS

Sooner, Cock, Rise Up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kind of like Texas fans and strong....:laugh3:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Fred Rouse - WR
2. Xavier Lee - QB
3. Adrian McPherson - QB
4. Lorenzo Booker - RB
5. Ira Denson - OL

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure if this is what you consider a bust regarding the OP, as he did live up to his billing athletically, but Marcus Vick is really the only one I can think of. He certainly had the talent and was able to show it on the field, but his attitude and off the field problems led to him being a major bust.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's not enough time in the day for the amount of key strokes required.

Can't I just say what my team did well? :mad:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about the players who had all the hype, probably was a 5 star, but didn't make an impact and didn't live up to the hype.

For Texas:

1. Garrett Gilbert - 5 star, USA and National Gatorade Player of the Year, all time leading passer in Texas high school football history and won back to back state titles. After almost bringing Texas back against Bama in the NC game back in '09, all of Longhorn Nation thought for sure we had our next great QB in the BCS era after VY and Colt. It never happened.- Oddly the first time someone has been drafted by the NFL and labeled a "bust". This one is on the staff

2. Christina Simms - 5 star, major, major hype coming out of high school, switched his commitment from Tenn to Texas and son of Phil Simms. He won a shit ton of games, but will forever be known for never beating OU and choking away our shot at Miami in the BCS title game back in '01.- Guy is top 5 in almost every Texas passing record. He is not a bust. Might not of lived up to the hype, but bust is the wrong word

3. Frank Okam - 5 star DT, one of the best in the country coming out of high school. Never made an impact and IMO, was fucking soft as hell.- Freshman All-American and 2x second team All-Big 12. Need more "busts" like this.

4. Edorian McCullough - 5 star DB with 4.3 speed. One of the best in the country. I don't even know what happened to this guy. I just know he rarely ever saw the field.

5. Jordan Hicks - 5 star and was the top LB in the country out of high school I believe. Injury prone, so not sure what his capability is b/c this guy is always fucking hurt.

6. Mason Walters - the epitome of soft. Former 5 star. Actually, from '08 through today, our O-line has easily been one of the softest in the country. Hopefully, Wickline is taking care of that.
.. HE had foot injuries that definitely hurt his career, but he was a 3 year starter.

-
If these guys are on your "bust" list, then this is going to be a long ass thread. Taylor Bible is a bust.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For USC, it's easy.

Dillon Baxter and it's not even close.

He was supposed to be the next Reggie Bush. Instead, he ended up getting dismissed from the team. He transferred from USC to San Diego St. where he was dismissed from the football program before he ever played a down. He then transferred to NAIA school Baker University in Kansas in 2012 to finish his career.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.. HE had foot injuries that definitely hurt his career, but he was a 3 year starter.

-
If these guys are on your "bust" list, then this is going to be a long ass thread. Taylor Bible is a bust.

Forgot about Bible. That guy was a MAJOR bust.