• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

List of guys who could leave

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With recruiting on fire as of late, it begs the question who on the roster now will not be back. I thought going into this offseason we had 14 open slots, we now sit at 16 signed players. So who on the roster now is more than likely done at WVU?

RB Buie – he is listed on the roster but who knows
RB Garrison – he will be 4th on the depth chart
CB Bell – Unlikely but he just had his 2nd arrest
CB Napoleon – having a hard time seeing action
OL Jackson – never plays
QB Millard – he still has a redshirt to use. But could go to a lower division right away
WR Myers – 13 catches in 2 seasons
WR Campbell – hasn’t done much
WR Carswell – suspended the last few games
WR Mathis – 7 catches

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was garrison that big a mistake watched him from pop warner days such a shame

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he ever really came back from the knee injury he looked to be a major part of the offense before that. It is a shame.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garison and Buie were good gets at the time as we really needed RBs. They were never really that good. Each had some great games, but could not consistently make yards and never topped 1,000 yards in a season. Those guys became irrelevant with the addition of Sims, and Smith and Smallwood also beat them out. Add in Russhell Shell and I do not see either Garrison or Buie seeing the field. Garrison has a chance and his knee may have been the problem. I do not know if he was really 100% this season.

I expect Buie to transfer. He has already sat out a year and could play next year if he transfers. Garrison will most likely stay.

I think Carswell is gone, but most of the other guys on the list will stick around. Ford, Tirckett and Millard will all stay. They all saw significant playing time last year and still have the chance to be the starter next year.

That still leaves us 9 scholarships short which is a much better problem than having 9 scholarships open. We can expect to lose 2-3 for arrests or stupid behavior, another 2-3 for injuries with players being taken off athletic scholarships. We can also expect 2-3 transfers possibly from Die Hards list and a couple of guys will flunk out.

Dana will be able to sign a full class and play worry about the numbers later. I would not be surprised if Dana has already told a few players that they will never see the field and should look to transfer.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garison and Buie were good gets at the time as we really needed RBs. They were never really that good. Each had some great games, but could not consistently make yards and never topped 1,000 yards in a season. Those guys became irrelevant with the addition of Sims, and Smith and Smallwood also beat them out. Add in Russhell Shell and I do not see either Garrison or Buie seeing the field. Garrison has a chance and his knee may have been the problem. I do not know if he was really 100% this season.

I expect Buie to transfer. He has already sat out a year and could play next year if he transfers. Garrison will most likely stay.

I think Carswell is gone, but most of the other guys on the list will stick around. Ford, Tirckett and Millard will all stay. They all saw significant playing time last year and still have the chance to be the starter next year.

That still leaves us 9 scholarships short which is a much better problem than having 9 scholarships open. We can expect to lose 2-3 for arrests or stupid behavior, another 2-3 for injuries with players being taken off athletic scholarships. We can also expect 2-3 transfers possibly from Die Hards list and a couple of guys will flunk out.

Dana will be able to sign a full class and play worry about the numbers later. I would not be surprised if Dana has already told a few players that they will never see the field and should look to transfer.

can not help but feel last statement was cold but that is part of the change i never got it is not the educational commitment as much now just what you bring to the team is that better or worse

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he ever really came back from the knee injury he looked to be a major part of the offense before that. It is a shame.

he took pearland high school team on his back senior year and took them to state champs for only time in their history i was so proud when he signed with wvu he was 8 years old the first time i met him at dad's club bright humble talented

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DG was prob a victim of the conference change, I could see him doing well if we were still in the BE. That said I can't for the life of me figure out why DeForest hasn't used him (and Buie for that matter) in a special teams role. I would 100000x more have a guy that plays at KR/PR and THAT is his role not a part time player, unless his name is Tavon or something but.... We don't have that kind of guy.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DG was prob a victim of the conference change, I could see him doing well if we were still in the BE. That said I can't for the life of me figure out why DeForest hasn't used him (and Buie for that matter) in a special teams role. I would 100000x more have a guy that plays at KR/PR and THAT is his role not a part time player, unless his name is Tavon or something but.... We don't have that kind of guy.

DeForest is an idiot is why..........

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can not help but feel last statement was cold but that is part of the change i never got it is not the educational commitment as much now just what you bring to the team is that better or worse

The education is still there for these kids. If they are deemed medically unable to play, they can be given a non-athletic scholarship and complete their education without being counted against the football scholarship total. For the guys who will never play and are advised to transfer, they can still stay and practice and keep their scholly. They have the choice to get their education at WVU or go somewhere else where they may be able to play.

There are schools out there who do cut schollys for underperforming players, but i do not believe that WVU does this.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are schools out there who do cut schollys for underperforming players, but i do not believe that WVU does this.

:wtf2:

Wow i will be honest with you I did not know that this happened....Schollys lock the player in, but not the school?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:

Wow i will be honest with you I did not know that this happened....Schollys lock the player in, but not the school?

Most schools do it these days, sucks and is pretty underhanded, but it is another of those changing times things, it costs the almighty dollar to keep the kid on the full ride.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schollies used to be locked and loaded for the 4 year period. Today, they are given out year to year.

Huggy got rid of how many basketball players after last season was over? Of course, each player announced their decision to transfer…. cough…. cough…

And, Huggy could be quoted as saying he helped each of his former players find his new home…. cough… cough…

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schollies used to be locked and loaded for the 4 year period. Today, they are given out year to year.

Huggy got rid of how many basketball players after last season was over? Of course, each player announced their decision to transfer…. cough…. cough…

And, Huggy could be quoted as saying he helped each of his former players find his new home…. cough… cough…

is this recent remember garrison signing stewart said it was 4 year contract

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn these new kids are turning out to be great recruiters for us:

@CMAnderson247: #WVU Jacob McCrary --> RT @_justhat_dude: We got two big time players to commit in this week along just waiting on Powell and maybe Yearby

Must like what they are hearing from the staff.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just called my cousin who played at Notre Dame, he said his was a four year ride....it is up to the school how it is set up. He played late 80s early 90's so it could have changed since then....he also said at some of the higher academic intitutions it might be different.

With all the restrictions on players once the sign it is amazing to me that the school really does not offer much of anything.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what huggs got rid of were not here for education

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just called my cousin who played at Notre Dame, he said his was a four year ride....it is up to the school how it is set up. He played late 80s early 90's so it could have changed since then....he also said at some of the higher academic intitutions it might be different.

With all the restrictions on players once the sign it is amazing to me that the school really does not offer much of anything.

I saw as story on TV about this and how some schools often give year to year schollys. A school can make a 4 year commitment if they desire. This is one way We can take players from SEC and other schools.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw as story on TV about this and how some schools often give year to year schollys. A school can make a 4 year commitment if they desire. This is one way We can take players from SEC and other schools.

That is not a bad play at all, anything to get the upperhand on them.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivals.com Football Recruiting - Rivals.com Recruiting Glossary

National Letter of Intent: (Sometimes abbreviated as NLI or LOI) A binding agreement between a prospective student-athlete and an institution in which the institution agrees to provide a prospective student-athlete who is admitted to the institution and is eligible for financial aid under NCAA rules athletics aid for one academic year in exchange for the prospect's agreement to attend the institution for one academic year. All colleges and universities that participate in the NLI program agree not to recruit a prospective student-athlete once he/she signs an NLI with another college or university. Therefore, a prospective student-athlete who signs an NLI should no longer receive recruiting contacts and calls and is ensured an athletic scholarship for one academic year. The NLI must be accompanied by an institutional financial aid agreement. College coaches are not permitted to comment publicly about prospects until they sign a letter of intent