• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions wanted to fire Schwartz last year...

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why re-gifting is never a good idea. The division title was gift wrapped for the Lions this year, and they re-gifted it to the winner of the Packers-Bears game next week.

I think I'm starting to get pissed off.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we're all angry, by firing a guy one year from a playoff birth that has just signed an extension doesn't make sense.

Except that his contract was not up before that extension was signed. He had another year on it, and this is just another reason why I keep saying this organization is absolutely clueless.

Let him coach out the contract and then resign him if you want. Are they truly stupid enough to think that even if he won the SuperBowl last year that he was going to walk away from the team and go elsewhere? Sure he would have ask for a lot of $ but who cares, he just gave you a SuperBowl title so you pay the guy.

Unfortunately this piss poorly managed and clueless organization paid the guy like he had won the SuperBowl and he delivered a 4-12 season. The Lions could have then fired him like this article says they wanted to, and it would have saved them millions of dollars. He would have coached at the contract amount he originally signed and then been fired with $0 on the buyout. Now it will cost them $6m they paid the assclown this year and $12m more to get rid of him.

Again, absolutely clueless. Complete morons running this organization. Everyone should be fired (except maybe Xanders) and the incompetant Ford fuck ups just sit silently in the background and let ALL decisions be made by FOOTBALL people, not car people. They arent even good car people for crying out loud. Were it not for the fact that their lineage included a man who invented a product that revolutionalized the world what do you think these asswipes would be doing? My guess is living in a box under an overpass and sucking dick on 8 Mile for quarters. All of them are complete idiots and dont understand business, let alone football.

This team is somehow in the red?? Are you kidding me?? It sure isnt that they don't have fan support, they are simply incompetant. Just like the playoff tickets. They sent them FedEx to season ticket holders arriving yesterday so they would have been sent on Friday for Monday delivery. They were officially eliminated from playoff contention less than two full days later. Had they waited to ship until Monday they would have saved themselves a shit load of money and even if they had won the tickets arrive a whole one day later than they did. Absolutely clueless. The orgainization, not necessarily the team, is an absolute joke and every single fan deserves to be outraged.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that his contract was not up before that extension was signed. He had another year on it, and this is just another reason why I keep saying this organization is absolutely clueless.

Let him coach out the contract and then resign him if you want. Are they truly stupid enough to think that even if he won the SuperBowl last year that he was going to walk away from the team and go elsewhere? Sure he would have ask for a lot of $ but who cares, he just gave you a SuperBowl title so you pay the guy.

Unfortunately this piss poorly managed and clueless organization paid the guy like he had won the SuperBowl and he delivered a 4-12 season. The Lions could have then fired him like this article says they wanted to, and it would have saved them millions of dollars. He would have coached at the contract amount he originally signed and then been fired with $0 on the buyout. Now it will cost them $6m they paid the assclown this year and $12m more to get rid of him.

Again, absolutely clueless. Complete morons running this organization. Everyone should be fired (except maybe Xanders) and the incompetant Ford fuck ups just sit silently in the background and let ALL decisions be made by FOOTBALL people, not car people. They arent even good car people for crying out loud. Were it not for the fact that their lineage included a man who invented a product that revolutionalized the world what do you think these asswipes would be doing? My guess is living in a box under an overpass and sucking dick on 8 Mile for quarters. All of them are complete idiots and dont understand business, let alone football.

This team is somehow in the red?? Are you kidding me?? It sure isnt that they don't have fan support, they are simply incompetant. Just like the playoff tickets. They sent them FedEx to season ticket holders arriving yesterday so they would have been sent on Friday for Monday delivery. They were officially eliminated from playoff contention less than two full days later. Had they waited to ship until Monday they would have saved themselves a shit load of money and even if they had won the tickets arrive a whole one day later than they did. Absolutely clueless. The orgainization, not necessarily the team, is an absolute joke and every single fan deserves to be outraged.

I think it would have more impact, Meow, if you had it on youtube with clown music in the background.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjedLeVGcfE]Circus - Theme Song - YouTube[/ame]

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions second half..

Last edited by a moderator:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz is the head guy in charge of the product on the field every Sunday, Mayhew gets him the guys he wants and by no means is blameless but the game product and player development are solely Jim Schwartz.

Matthew Stafford has regressed. Or has not progressed to where he should be ball security wise. Not to neglect the other parts of the game but no other aspect of the Lions game is more important than Stafford! He has a 91-93 million dollar commitment and no way no how can the Lions divorce themselves from him. As head coach he should have done whatever possible to help his game.

Schwartz needed to find a QB guy to work with him and he needed to put Stafford into a position to not turn the ball over.

Schwartz needs to go.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for firing him this year and will be livid if they don't. In retrospect we all think he should've been fired last year. It wouldn't have made sense at the time. Trend often have a fall off year after a year of success