• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lions vs. Vikings game thread

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was a sports bettor -- I would have bet the house on the Lions today. They will win this game just to rub salt in the wounds and to spite me.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way can losing four fumbles be acceptable.

Not saying that it's acceptable, but I don't see a major issue between two fumbles lost (acceptable) and four fumbles lost. He definitely needs to work on it, but on an importance scale of 1 to 10 I'd peg it at about a 5. His positive contributions far outweigh 2 fumbles past the (very unofficial) acceptable limit. That's all I'm saying. Bad yes, bad enough to bench or cut (yes, some are suggesting this already) him for it? No, definitely not yet.

Stafford has turned the ball over like 5 times as many times as Bush. That's a far bigger issue, imo...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sweet -- let's score a TD so we can hear Schwartz tells us how they salvaged the season and have momentum for 2014 after the win.

It's basically what he talked about pre game. 5-1 in division, .500 for the year, see what young DBacks can do, tough test for young offensive lineman,..... Moving forward.....

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Bush is tied for the lead with Stevan Ridley for most fumbles lost by a Running back. When you add in the 12 dropped passes -- it puts a damper on what would be a great season stats wise.

I'd argue that the dropped passes are almost a bigger issue than the fumbles. He left a lot of yards on the field (over 100, if you average out his yards per catch this year) with those drops...

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's better. Good call Linehan. That empty backfield has worked all season so we are all surprised it failed right there.

Quite frankly I'm glad it did but I love the smart play calling. I can't imagine that even his wife thinks he's any good and is probably getting tired of him getting fired.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer heard all of you guys talking shit about him and decided to make an impact today, lol.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying that it's acceptable, but I don't see a major issue between two fumbles lost (acceptable) and four fumbles lost. He definitely needs to work on it, but on an importance scale of 1 to 10 I'd peg it at about a 5. His positive contributions far outweigh 2 fumbles past the (very unofficial) acceptable limit. That's all I'm saying. Bad yes, bad enough to bench or cut (yes, some are suggesting this already) him for it? No, definitely not yet.

Stafford has turned the ball over like 5 times as many times as Bush. That's a far bigger issue, imo...

I don't have much tolerance for turnovers. So were in disagreement here. Im with you on Stafford's turnovers having more of an impact and a bigger issue. But I do expect some picks, it's part of the risk of passing. God damnit, there's another turnover reverse screwing us. Hey.... Alright, intentional grounding.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd and 22? On a ten yard penalty? What?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have much tolerance for turnovers. So were in disagreement here. Im with you on Stafford's turnovers having more of an impact and a bigger issue. But I do expect some picks, it's part of the risk of passing. God damnit, there's another turnover reverse screwing us. Hey.... Alright, intentional grounding.

So what I'm getting is that some picks are acceptable, but zero fumbles are? If so I disagree. I think some fumbles are part of the risk of running in the NFL. I also think both Bush and Stafford are over the line of an acceptable amount in each category, but Bush is much closer to what is an acceptable amount than Stafford is...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems everything we bitched about is role reversal this week. Palmer showing in stat line. Akers 2 for 2... Worford gives up a sack. Reggie has not...

K

kengel6

This is as important a game as a preseason waste of time.

Another season of hep shot the hell down and another season goes by with the Lions not making a Super Bowl appearance, hello what are we like the only original team to never make a SB? Atlanta?

Falcons made it, Lions, NEVER.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slay made a good play on the ball on that one. Caused the drop. He's had a solid game today, and neither Green nor Greenwood has gotten burned deep either...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what I'm getting is that some picks are acceptable, but zero fumbles are? If so I disagree. I think some fumbles are part of the risk of running in the NFL. I also think both Bush and Stafford are over the line of an acceptable amount in each category, but Bush is much closer to what is an acceptable amount than Stafford is...

No fumble is okay with me. They will happen, but that doesn't make any individual one okay with me. Third and long and a QB throws a pick forty yards down field.... Fine with me. Stafford's decision making is where most of his turnover issues arise, IMO. (The tips turned picks are not "good" misses. Leaving the ball high, forcing into coverage, etc.). Reggie physically can't handle the ball well. I don't think it can be changed or corrected. Montee Ball saw his time severely limited this season on account of his ability to hold the ball. (And block) and I'd say that was the right move. Unfortunately we don't have a Moreno to go with instead.