• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lincoln Riley: 'No Way' Georgia Is a Top-5 Defense in the Big 12

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be imo. OU is a top flight school and expects NC's but it's not gonna happen with that defense. That offense will get you a long way but, when it comes down to the CFP, you're more than likely gonna need both sides of the ball to reach that end game. Either evolve or get out of the way.

Mike and Bob Stoops have a back 7 style. BV has a front 7, style and it all starts upfront. I think the last 2-3 years, we have seen a shift and OU is going after more Dlineman. We have really almost over recruited, Dlineman 18 and 19. It's time to get depth at LB and Safety. The 1st Clemson game opened up both Bob and Mikes eyes. Although we missed on EVERY descent DT, NG that recruiting cycle. If my memory is right we didn't get one.

OU with it's best defenses, has a strong Dline, at least one great LB, thank you BV and one or 2 solid DB's. BV has a great nose for finding great LB's that are not 5 star guys. When Mike came back, I think BV just didn't want to fight the Stoop brothers, on a front 7 versus a back 7 philosophy, any more.

Mike just needs to get the fuck out of Norman, he's a cancer on players, play calling and couldn't make a decent halftime adjustment if his life depended on it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that you offered the guy gives you a chance. Normally in state kids who are Poke fans don't get an offer because there isnt much of a point. But the guys who know and are telling the rest of us to be disappointed are saying dont worry about him going there.

He is playing it close to his vest though so maybe it's wishful thinking. He is a fan though so I think it's unlikely.

Rumor is Houston is ours. Good get for you guys on Major though-I am not a fan of Milwood kids heading south. That's the one high school in the state that we are in on.

So much for Houston, huh @Cowboyinexile ?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all comes down to talent.
That's most of it.

Good coaching is nice to have.

Hope that helped.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for Houston, huh @Cowboyinexile ?

Furk

That was unexpected-hope we can flip him.

0/2 on millwood kids sucks. To be fair I think we are aiming higher than Major at rb but Houston was our guy at WR. We are really deep there but I am not a fan of losing an in state kid you guys aren't pursuing

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furk

That was unexpected-hope we can flip him.

0/2 on millwood kids sucks. To be fair I think we are aiming higher than Major at rb but Houston was our guy at WR. We are really deep there but I am not a fan of losing an in state kid you guys aren't pursuing

He and Major would’ve been teammates at OU most other years but were so loaded at WR this class we truly didn’t have the room. Only other WR they’d take is a kid like Haselwood. I’d have rather him gone to you guys than Texas though.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He and Major would’ve been teammates at OU most other years but were so loaded at WR this class we truly didn’t have the room. Only other WR they’d take is a kid like Haselwood. I’d have rather him gone to you guys than Texas though.

I wouldn't worry too much about Texas recruits. They will underperform this year and the heat will be on Herman next year. After that he is out and it will be another reset. Texas doesn't have a talent problem it has a culture problem. They need to give someone a decade to build but it's li likely to be 3 years and reset until they realize someone like Bowden is more likely to show up than someone like Saban