• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LiAngelo, Lamello Ball take solid advice from their old man, signs with agent, will play overseas

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We joke, but it really needs to happen. I didn't think Lavar would influence Lonzo at all once he got to the NBA but with all this shit with his family, I'm at least pondering it. You can try to be professional all you want but its still family so you know Lonzo is thinking and worrying about them, keeping him from focusing fully on what he should.

Agree. I know the kid seems pretty unflappable, but he's also human. Don't see how it couldn't be bothering him to at least some degree.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Jennings was beginning to develop until his injury though and never did bounce back - Hard to say if he could stayed at the level he was playing - but for me it's not just about developing a talent - there are social skills to learn and learning how to bond socially with your team. I have a big problem with any one who things they are too good for the best high school and college and I don't think the dad is doing them a good service.

Brandon Jennings played overseas instead of going to college. That is what the Balls are doing.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do they have to play on the same team? Are they gonna live together too? Grow up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do they have to play on the same team? Are they gonna live together too? Grow up.

Because, great as he is, even Lavar can't be the coach and general manager for 2 teams at the same time.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable...

Let's hope it's a Country far, far away that signs them....somewhere we won't have to hear about this clown 5 times a day.

I am flabbergasted that he would sabotage his youngest child's prospects just to get the kleptomaniac middle child a job.

Shameful shit.

This. I saw this coming......

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He cannot treat the two kids the exact same. It's a shame I agree.

If he believes his LiAngelo could have a potential career in basketball, he should take this year off and have him train with an institute, where he could dedicate himself 24/7 to improving himself. He'll need to get his body right and he'll also have to develop additional skills he'll need to thrive in Europe. People forget that the guys who are going overseas for a career are generally some of the best players in College who were simply not good enough for the NBA. LiAngelo was a guy who was projected not even going to start for his team.

Also if LiAngelo and Melo play on the same team and Melo is as good as advertised, he's going to cannibalize his brother's chances by overshadowing him. Same way that Seth Curry couldn't crack the big club with the Warriors because of Steph. As soon as he left, he became a solid backup on the Kings then into a solid starter with the Mavericks.

The two sons if they do elect to play overseas should not play for the same team.

This.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do i detect a note of sarcasm in this thread? DO I!?!?!?!?! HUH!?!?!?!?! Nah!!!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see LiAngelo, going off on his father one day. "Dad, you got us playing in this cold ass country with fading NBA dreams. I can't even steal, they might cut my hands or something. Nobody cares about Big Baller Brand here, and I can't even go back to China. What the hell are we doing listening to you for, I could be balling somewhere warm and beating off the ladies. Than maybe make it to the NBA".

Lavar, "Son, you ain't a big baller".

Lithuania, I give myself credit.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because, great as he is, even Lavar can't be the coach and general manager for 2 teams at the same time.
I will bet you though that he will know how to be a huge pain in the ass to the coach and manager for two different teams and even three if it works out that way? In fact I would bet on it

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an idiot. Lavar doubled down a few too many times.

This is beyond stupid. All he had to do is let his kid learn a lesson and be humbled that the chinese werent pricks.

Did I read that Lavar was considering these boys playing in Asia? Someone slap this fucking idiot in the face please.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAMN, I feel for the kids, but Ho Lee Phuq! :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Is it too late for CPS to step in on behalf of the youngest?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAMN, I feel for the kids, but Ho Lee Phuq! :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Is it too late for CPS to step in on behalf of the youngest?

He's only 16, so probably not too late. Problem is, being abusive and being a dumbfuck aren't necessarily the same thing. lol