• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LiAngelo, Lamello Ball take solid advice from their old man, signs with agent, will play overseas

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaVar Ball told ESPN that his sons LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball have signed with agent Harrison Gaines, ending any speculation that LaMelo will play college basketball. The plan is now for both to play on the same team overseas.

"I don't care about the money," LaVar Ball said on Thursday morning. "I want them to go somewhere where they will play them together on the court at the same time. The priority is for the boys to play on the same team."

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who needs education when you're a "Big Baller"?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable...

Let's hope it's a Country far, far away that signs them....somewhere we won't have to hear about this clown 5 times a day.

I am flabbergasted that he would sabotage his youngest child's prospects just to get the kleptomaniac middle child a job.

Shameful shit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Lavar,

If you'd like to join them, we will happily pay for a 1st class one way charter and buy a very nice house for the 3 of you in whatever, hopefully very far away, country they play in.

Sincerely,

The Los Angeles Lakers

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah because LiAngelo had such great success the last time he was overseas.....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable...

Let's hope it's a Country far, far away that signs them....somewhere we won't have to hear about this clown 5 times a day.

I am flabbergasted that he would sabotage his youngest child's prospects just to get the kleptomaniac middle child a job.

Shameful shit.

A team in China should sign them.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Lavar,

If you'd like to join them, we will happily pay for a 1st class one way charter and buy a very nice house for the 3 of you in whatever, hopefully very far away, country they play in.

Sincerely,

The Los Angeles Lakers

tenor.gif

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their best bet would be to find a team that only plays at a 24 Hour Fitness or the YMCA. That appears to be the only time when either of these clowns look good playing basketball.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers should tell him, you can take Lonzo with you. No, really. Please take him.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaVar Ball told ESPN that his sons LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball have signed with agent Harrison Gaines, ending any speculation that LaMelo will play college basketball. The plan is now for both to play on the same team overseas.
"I don't care about the money," LaVar Ball said on Thursday morning. "I want them to go somewhere where they will play them together on the court at the same time. The priority is for the boys to play on the same team."

I thought LaVar was going to coach them (and improve them faster/better than high school & UCLA) -- until they were ready for the NBA.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good riddance - now the NBA only has to deal with Lonzo and the nut case named LaVar

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable...

Shameful shit.

He cannot treat the two kids the exact same. It's a shame I agree.

If he believes his LiAngelo could have a potential career in basketball, he should take this year off and have him train with an institute, where he could dedicate himself 24/7 to improving himself. He'll need to get his body right and he'll also have to develop additional skills he'll need to thrive in Europe. People forget that the guys who are going overseas for a career are generally some of the best players in College who were simply not good enough for the NBA. LiAngelo was a guy who was projected not even going to start for his team.

Also if LiAngelo and Melo play on the same team and Melo is as good as advertised, he's going to cannibalize his brother's chances by overshadowing him. Same way that Seth Curry couldn't crack the big club with the Warriors because of Steph. As soon as he left, he became a solid backup on the Kings then into a solid starter with the Mavericks.

The two sons if they do elect to play overseas should not play for the same team.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see LiAngelo, going off on his father one day. "Dad, you got us playing in this cold ass country with fading NBA dreams. I can't even steal, they might cut my hands or something. Nobody cares about Big Baller Brand here, and I can't even go back to China. What the hell are we doing listening to you for, I could be balling somewhere warm and beating off the ladies. Than maybe make it to the NBA".

Lavar, "Son, you ain't a big baller".

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In NBA history the legend of the 3 amigos, the ball brothers, over hyped and wisely marketed. There are they Tim Tebow on the NBA

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good riddance - now the NBA only has to deal with Lonzo and the nut case named LaVar

Ummm.

They are on the Brandon Jennings plan.

The NBA is still very much in LaMelo's future. Lavar surely thinks he will get both there in a couple years. Liangelo literally has no shot unless someone takes him as a package deal or Henry's a lot better.

Thing is, Liangelo isn't going to get any court time overseas either unless he signs in a crap league. Melo won't get much either. At least not right away.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Lavar,

Sincerely,

The Los Angeles Lakers

We joke, but it really needs to happen. I didn't think Lavar would influence Lonzo at all once he got to the NBA but with all this shit with his family, I'm at least pondering it. You can try to be professional all you want but its still family so you know Lonzo is thinking and worrying about them, keeping him from focusing fully on what he should.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm.

They are on the Brandon Jennings plan.

The NBA is still very much in LaMelo's future. Lavar surely thinks he will get both there in a couple years. Liangelo literally has no shot unless someone takes him as a package deal or Henry's a lot better.

Thing is, Liangelo isn't going to get any court time overseas either unless he signs in a crap league. Melo won't get much either. At least not right away.
Brandon Jennings was beginning to develop until his injury though and never did bounce back - Hard to say if he could stayed at the level he was playing - but for me it's not just about developing a talent - there are social skills to learn and learning how to bond socially with your team. I have a big problem with any one who things they are too good for the best high school and college and I don't think the dad is doing them a good service.