• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le'Veon Bell

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timing could be right for them to go all-in on Bell's contract demands. Not saying they will, because I don't think it will happen, but it's a possibility. If the Steelers tag Bell that would be just north of $14mil this year. So what's another $1-2mil on top of that to get the deal done? Just sayin if the thought of tagging him was on the agenda then getting a long term deal done wouldn't be that hard to do. But given the current projected cap number they will have to cut some fat off the bone. They are already $6mil OVER the cap limit.

IMO the only real possibility of Bell getting signed to his desired deal would require them to cut a lot of dead weight. The DB corps would be my target. In the form of Mike Mitchell ($8.14mil cap hit), JJ Wilcox ($3.8mil), Coty Sensabaugh ($1.6m) and William Gay ($2.4mil). Cutting those 4 players alone would save them $12-13mil ($2.6mil dead cap for all 4). Then I'd clear out some vets like Foster ($3.59m) & DHB ($1.33m) which would save close to an additional $4mil. That would get them within $3-4mil of where they need to be to get Bell under contract. A restructure of some sort to Ben, Heyward, Tuitt or Haden in the form of a cash bonus would free up the rest.

Hey, Face. How ya been?

Big game later today.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect timing. AB is nursing a badly bruised calf and Bell starts telling everyone he will not be franchised again.

Jacksonville 17 Pittsburgh 10 sound about right????

At least Bell could have waited until the Steelers were done or had won and the season was in the books. THIS is a distraction that isn't needed.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at "threatened."

It's "leverage."
I wouldn't even call it leverage. Steelers tag him and he doesn't play then it doesn't cost them a dime, and Bell wouldn't get shit. This is the equivalent of a bluff, or showing your hand prior to the river card.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have the Pats ever tied up that much money to a RB?

They need to. Bell and Brown are vital to the offense, especially if Big Ben ends up retiring. Gotta give the new QB weapons nd set him up for success, especially if it's not a vet and a rookie.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, Face. How ya been?

Big game later today.
Very big game. I'm pumped!

Been well. Survived the holidays and now trying to get myself motivated for the new year. How bout yourself?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ne'll sign for less and get an $85,000 Super Bowl LIII Ring.
Very doubtful. But I get it, a Pats fan riding the wake of a playoff win trying to rustle his likely competition.

I'm just hoping the Steelers win today so that we can revive the smack talk thread on the NFL general board.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timing could be right for them to go all-in on Bell's contract demands. Not saying they will, because I don't think it will happen, but it's a possibility. If the Steelers tag Bell that would be just north of $14mil this year. So what's another $1-2mil on top of that to get the deal done? Just sayin if the thought of tagging him was on the agenda then getting a long term deal done wouldn't be that hard to do. But given the current projected cap number they will have to cut some fat off the bone. They are already $6mil OVER the cap limit.

IMO the only real possibility of Bell getting signed to his desired deal would require them to cut a lot of dead weight. The DB corps would be my target. In the form of Mike Mitchell ($8.14mil cap hit), JJ Wilcox ($3.8mil), Coty Sensabaugh ($1.6m) and William Gay ($2.4mil). Cutting those 4 players alone would save them $12-13mil ($2.6mil dead cap for all 4). Then I'd clear out some vets like Foster ($3.59m) & DHB ($1.33m) which would save close to an additional $4mil. That would get them within $3-4mil of where they need to be to get Bell under contract. A restructure of some sort to Ben, Heyward, Tuitt or Haden in the form of a cash bonus would free up the rest.

You really don't need to cut that many people. DHB like you said would free up $1.33m. Moats and Hubbard are FRs after this year and if they combined cost $4.3m. All that combined with a restructuring of Ben's remaining 2 years and you have the extra money and then some to pay Bell what it will take to keep him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to. Bell and Brown are vital to the offense, especially if Big Ben ends up retiring. Gotta give the new QB weapons nd set him up for success, especially if it's not a vet and a rookie.
Ben already hinted at his return saying this game wouldn't be his last at Heinz field. With that in mind I don't think Bell is a necessity. They have the O-line to give a decent RB good to great production. Not sayin Bell is replaceable though since he accounted for a ridiculous amount of the Steelers offense and he's an elite difference maker. But if they could get 800-1000yds from James Conner or a RBBC, then they would be just fine.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really don't need to cut that many people. DHB like you said would free up $1.33m. Moats and Hubbard are FRs after this year and if they combined cost $4.3m. All that combined with a restructuring of Ben's remaining 2 years and you have the extra money and then some to pay Bell what it will take to keep him.
Did you not read the part about them being $6mil OVER the cap already? And thats with UFAs & RFAs off the books. It would require every bit of that dead weight to be cut, more or less.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben already hinted at his return saying this game wouldn't be his last at Heinz field. With that in mind I don't think Bell is a necessity. They have the O-line to give a decent RB good to great production. Not sayin Bell is replaceable though since he accounted for a ridiculous amount of the Steelers offense and he's an elite difference maker. But if they could get 800-1000yds from James Conner or a RBBC, then they would be just fine.

Bell isn't a necessity?!?! Why did you start drinking so early??

We need more than 800-1000 yards from Conner. We need AT LEAST 1000 yards rushing and at least 45 rec/500 yards receiving. You wanna replace Bell that's what it's gonna take. You can't say Bell isn't replaceable but then say he isn't a necessity.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not read the part about them being $6mil OVER the cap already? And thats with UFAs & RFAs off the books. It would require every bit of that dead weight to be cut, more or less.
Whatever it takes then.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell isn't a necessity?!?! Why did you start drinking so early??

We need more than 800-1000 yards from Conner. We need AT LEAST 1000 yards rushing and at least 45 rec/500 yards receiving. You wanna replace Bell that's what it's gonna take. You can't say Bell isn't replaceable but then say he isn't a necessity.
Lol... Yes, yes I can.

And no, he isn't a necessity.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... Yes, yes I can.

And no, he isn't a necessity.

You're drunk dude lol. Answer me this question. Bell isn't our RB anymore. Are you confident with our options at the RB position?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm don't feel like I'm trying hard

Here's are the questions you have to answer. How many teams WOULDN'T pay for THAT production and how many RBs can put up those numbers?

Bottom line is this: This whole situation, from training camp til now, has been very very shitty and unprofessional on Le'Veon's side.

If that's not working hard, Idk what working hard is but well stated nonetheless.

Teams...who wouldn't want Bell? Maybe AZ, ATL, LAR, MIN, maybe a handful more. Who can comfortably afford to pay him $15 mil per? CLE, CIN, TB, SF, IND, NYJ, MIN.

For 2018...I think there are 10 of the 32 projected to allocate $10 mil or more to the RB position...total. To sign Bell for $15 per, and at least 3 others on the 53 incl a FB...you're getting up near stupid numbers like $18 mil.

If you're a contender, yr in yr out, the way the game is played today you've got to have productive 3 WRs and a TE...you can't keep everybody on rookie contracts. Fitting a RB, (it doesn't matter if he catches passes too, RBs have been doing that for years) with a $15 mil cap hit long term is dangerous for any team, I don't see the market being very large among playoff teams.

If the numbers are true that PIT did offer $15 per for a shorter term and he turned it down, retiring might be a better choice for him seriously.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're drunk dude. Answer me this question. Bell isn't our RB anymore. Are you confident with our options at the RB position?
I've answered this question more than a handful of times already. Go back & read if you're that interested in my opinion. You clearly will never agree with it, so what's the point?

Short answer... Yes I'm confident. But that has more to do with my confidence in the O-line, regardless of what John Doe they have at RB.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's not working hard, Idk what working hard is but well stated nonetheless.

Teams...who wouldn't want Bell? Maybe AZ, ATL, LAR, MIN, maybe a handful more. Who can comfortably afford to pay him $15 mil per? CLE, CIN, TB, SF, IND, NYJ, MIN.

For 2018...I think there are 10 of the 32 projected to allocate $10 mil or more to the RB position...total. To sign Bell for $15 per, and at least 3 others on the 53 incl a FB...you're getting up near stupid numbers like $18 mil.

If you're a contender, yr in yr out, the way the game is played today you've got to have productive 3 WRs and a TE...you can't keep everybody on rookie contracts. Fitting a RB, (it doesn't matter if he catches passes too, RBs have been doing that for years) with a $15 mil cap hit long term is dangerous for any team, I don't see the market being very large among playoff teams.

If the numbers are true that PIT did offer $15 per for a shorter term and he turned it down, retiring might be a better choice for him seriously.

There's no team out there that doesn't have an established RB already that wouldn't want Le'Veon Bell. We have a talent that really hasn't been seen in a while. A RB that can be a #1 RB and also rival many WR1s on half the teams in the NFL. If you restructure Ben's contract, cut some guys that aren't vital to this team and guys that you can actually replace in the draft or free agency and you will solve all the money problems. RBs have been catching passes for years but not to the extent to what they are in today's NFL. The RB position is evolving into a catch AND run position. If you can't use your RB as a good target for a reception as well than you don't have a very good RB.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a necessity?

Lol. If you have a rookie or young QB, yes he is. Best RB in the game.

Have you been to sleep yet or is your brain oxygen deprived?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trolling team boards.....Face and I have this type of RELATIONSHIP.