• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le'Veon Bell

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, totally bandwagon. i was the biggest georgia fan ever for 18 hours, but not now. ya got me
giphy.gif

The exact definition of bandwagon fan......
th (2).jpeg

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The exact definition of bandwagon fan......
View attachment 172671

I love how you think you've got something with that ridiculous draw you're grasping. Because this board is the end-all, be-all for everyone's fanhood; nope, nobody eeevvvver switches up their teams to random teams for the hell of it. Sporthoopla is serious business!!

"oh Le'Veon! Le'Veon! Where for art thou, Le'Veon??? *weeps*"

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how you think you've got something with that ridiculous draw you're grasping. Because this board is the end-all, be-all for everyone's fanhood; nope, nobody eeevvvver switches up to random teams for the hell of it.

"oh Le'Veon! Le'Veon! Where for art thou, Le'Veon??? *weeps*"

Yea, ok......

You and your superior intellect once again above and beyond the intelligence of all.

:dhd:

I guess you have to grasp at whatever you can after you've shown how full of it you are.

You mean your portrait......
th (2).jpeg

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful don't fall off the bandwagon

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to take down your Leveon shrine, flyer boy. And if he does well tomorrow, not a peep out of your bitch ass, because remember, you hate him now

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to take down your Leveon shrine, flyer boy. And if he does well tomorrow, not a peep out of your bitch ass, because remember, you hate him now

Maybe you should do your homework bulldog boy......

I've been sick of his Shit for some time now....oh wait, that's right, you never show your face around here unless you wanna Piss and cry like usual.

Anything else bandwagon fan

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep showing your brilliant intellect......

Bitch ass.....Hahaha big IQ on the tough guy

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep showing your brilliant intellect......

Bitch ass.....Hahaha big IQ on the tough guy

Yes, a bitch ass. Le'Veon would agree. He's disappointed in you.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, a bitch ass. Le'Veon would agree. He's disappointed in you.

Well you'll have to tell us if he dangles off nuts as well as you do.....that is if snoop dog will give you some room.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're trying hard Terry, but no, imo Bell is not worth $15 mil per in PIT or to any contender.

As far as the other players go...the Steelers don't change their MO, period...they offer what they feel is market rate, and through the years they have always rewarded their own top players handsomely, but not extravagantly. If the player can work with it, they sign, if they can't, they go...the names don't matter. Antonio Brown is being paid very well, but he's not the highest paid by $3+ mil over the next WR. And he won't be on his next contract either.

Ben when he signed his 2nd contract...it wasn't the highest paid at the position yet he was clearly a top 5 player at the time. Heyward...I could go on and on.

What I don't understand here is you seem to have zero confidence in Connor largely due to his injury history, but you're willing to give Bell who has also had two serious leg injuries $15 mil per season.

Obviously we know about Bell's production, but that's a much much larger risk.

I'm don't feel like I'm trying hard, I'm simply laying out the facts. Le'Veon Bell has been almost twice as good as the highest paid RB in the league. It only makes sense to pay him to keep him. When you find a talent like Le'Veon Bell, you don't let him get away. You do what needs to be done to keep him. Yes, when Ben signed his 2nd contract it wasn't as the highest paid but that was also 10 years ago. The culture of the NFL has completely changed.

Here's Le'Veon's 2017 stats:
1st in the league in rushing attempts
3rd in the league in rushing yards
3rd in the league in rushing TDs
3rd in the league in rushing yards per game
6th in the league in receiving/rushing TDs
2nd in the league in yards from scrimmage
2nd in the league in all-purpose yardage
10th in the league in receptions, 4th in the AFC in receptions
1st in the league in receptions by RB

Here's are the questions you have to answer. How many teams WOULDN'T pay for THAT production and how many RBs can put up those numbers? If you ask Ben to take a pay cut next year to keep Bell, you think he would say no? Ben takes a paycut and let Hubbard be a free agent. There's your extra $3 mil a year to keep Le'Veon Bell. A very small price to pay for a freaking stud.

Bell has proven time and time again that even with all his injuries, he's still able to put in the work and put out the production needed to win. James Conner hasn't yet and I know it's his rookie year but I'm not okay with just leaving it up to chance and just hope he bounces back and performs not better but close to how Bell performed. I don't have to hope with Le'Veon because he's done it already and he continues to perform absurdly above average in 2 positions. Bell has had injuries, yes, but only 1 knee surgery in 5 years. James Conner has had a knee surgery in college and now in the pros. The draft is not RB friendly like this year's draft was and the class of 2018 free agent RBs does not look good. Pay Bell and let Conner learn behind a stud like Le'Veon and let Conner be the FUTURE of the Steelers and let Bell be the PRESENT of the Steelers. You can't just pay Le'Veon for being a running back. You gotta pay him for his receiving abilities too.

I know how the Steelers work. I know what we need as a team. I know the production Bell puts out. I know the risks we are taking if we end up going with James Conner. I wasn't sold on the guy from the moment we drafted him. I will continue to root for the Steelers but I can't help but think that we are making the hugest mistake in quite some time by not doing what is necessary to sign Bell long term.

Bottom line is this: This whole situation, from training camp til now, has been very very shitty and unprofessional on Le'Veon's side. To talk shit about him and say "fuck him" and shit like that is just ridiculous. Yeah, he was/is a pothead. Hasn't affected him this year. Get over it. The man is a fucking machine and he's not just the #1 RB. He's our #2 WR as well. Should Le'Veon have done things this way? No and it's in poor taste. But we as fans and the Steelers as an organization need to sit down for a significant period of time when the season is over and evaluate what we do if Le'Veon Bell is not a Steelers in 2018. We have James Conner who will be in his 2nd year and has had 2 knee surgeries in 2 years, Roosevelt Nix who is a FB and Fitzgerald Toussaint who is Mr. Fumbles. Free Agent RBs in 2018 include Frank Gore, Isaiah Crowell, Dion Lewis, LeGarrette Blount and Carlos Hyde. None of those players had over 1,000 yards this year or over 350 receiving yards.

$12 million is great for a #1 RB. But Le'Veon Bell is not just a #1 RB and that's why you pay him more.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm don't feel like I'm trying hard, I'm simply laying out the facts. Le'Veon Bell has been almost twice as good as the highest paid RB in the league. It only makes sense to pay him to keep him. When you find a talent like Le'Veon Bell, you don't let him get away. You do what needs to be done to keep him. Yes, when Ben signed his 2nd contract it wasn't as the highest paid but that was also 10 years ago. The culture of the NFL has completely changed.

Here's Le'Veon's 2017 stats:
1st in the league in rushing attempts
3rd in the league in rushing yards
3rd in the league in rushing TDs
3rd in the league in rushing yards per game
6th in the league in receiving/rushing TDs
2nd in the league in yards from scrimmage
2nd in the league in all-purpose yardage
10th in the league in receptions, 4th in the AFC in receptions
1st in the league in receptions by RB

Here's are the questions you have to answer. How many teams WOULDN'T pay for THAT production and how many RBs can put up those numbers? If you ask Ben to take a pay cut next year to keep Bell, you think he would say no? Ben takes a paycut and let Hubbard be a free agent. There's your extra $3 mil a year to keep Le'Veon Bell. A very small price to pay for a freaking stud.

Bell has proven time and time again that even with all his injuries, he's still able to put in the work and put out the production needed to win. James Conner hasn't yet and I know it's his rookie year but I'm not okay with just leaving it up to chance and just hope he bounces back and performs not better but close to how Bell performed. I don't have to hope with Le'Veon because he's done it already and he continues to perform absurdly above average in 2 positions. Bell has had injuries, yes, but only 1 knee surgery in 5 years. James Conner has had a knee surgery in college and now in the pros. The draft is not RB friendly like this year's draft was and the class of 2018 free agent RBs does not look good. Pay Bell and let Conner learn behind a stud like Le'Veon and let Conner be the FUTURE of the Steelers and let Bell be the PRESENT of the Steelers. You can't just pay Le'Veon for being a running back. You gotta pay him for his receiving abilities too.

I know how the Steelers work. I know what we need as a team. I know the production Bell puts out. I know the risks we are taking if we end up going with James Conner. I wasn't sold on the guy from the moment we drafted him. I will continue to root for the Steelers but I can't help but think that we are making the hugest mistake in quite some time by not doing what is necessary to sign Bell long term.

Bottom line is this: This whole situation, from training camp til now, has been very very shitty and unprofessional on Le'Veon's side. To talk shit about him and say "fuck him" and shit like that is just ridiculous. Yeah, he was/is a pothead. Hasn't affected him this year. Get over it. The man is a fucking machine and he's not just the #1 RB. He's our #2 WR as well. Should Le'Veon have done things this way? No and it's in poor taste. But we as fans and the Steelers as an organization need to sit down for a significant period of time when the season is over and evaluate what we do if Le'Veon Bell is not a Steelers in 2018. We have James Conner who will be in his 2nd year and has had 2 knee surgeries in 2 years, Roosevelt Nix who is a FB and Fitzgerald Toussaint who is Mr. Fumbles. Free Agent RBs in 2018 include Frank Gore, Isaiah Crowell, Dion Lewis, LeGarrette Blount and Carlos Hyde. None of those players had over 1,000 yards this year or over 350 receiving yards.

$12 million is great for a #1 RB. But Le'Veon Bell is not just a #1 RB and that's why you pay him more.

With all due respect, it's not ridiculous....it's true.
And I'm sure Pittsburgh is looking at this as an integrity issue as well as all the other factors.
Bell popped off in his rap tune 15 mil, if you look at the contract the Steelers offered him it would of paid him 15 million in the first and second year of the contract. Bell's agent agreed to it, but then Bell said no.

Bell is adamant on a 15 mil for 5 year contract, Pittsburgh offered him what they felt was fair in 42 for 3 years guaranteeing him 30 over the first two. Yes, that meant he would only get 12 the third year. But in fairness, he's at a high risk position, and he does have the injury issue and the suspension issues.

That being said, he lied to them and after his agent told Pittsburgh it was a good deal he backed out. So now he has the integrity issue with the front office.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect, it's not ridiculous....it's true.
And I'm sure Pittsburgh is looking at this as an integrity issue as well as all the other factors.
Bell popped off in his rap tune 15 mil, if you look at the contract the Steelers offered him it would of paid him 15 million in the first and second year of the contract. Bell's agent agreed to it, but then Bell said no.

Bell is adamant on a 15 mil for 5 year contract, Pittsburgh offered him what they felt was fair in 42 for 3 years guaranteeing him 30 over the first two. Yes, that meant he would only get 12 the third year. But in fairness, he's at a high risk position, and he does have the injury issue and the suspension issues.

That being said, he lied to them and after his agent told Pittsburgh it was a good deal he backed out. So now he has the integrity issue with the front office.

I get that. I just feel like, in a league where you pretty much need a back like Le'Veon that can also catch the ball, letting one go would be a huge mistake. Completely dick move by Bell to go back on the contract like he did. But the ball is ultimately in the Steelers organization's court. There is really no wrong move, taking all opinions out of it. There's only a right move from a business standpoint and a right move from a success standpoint.

If the team and coaches are all in on James Conner than I suppose it makes no sense to cave in and pay Bell the extra $3 mil he wants. But if there are ANY second guesses on whether or not James Conner can perform and put up the numbers needed to have the same success, we can't just let Bell walk. We were the closest we've been to the Super Bowl last year and arguably that is with having Le'Veon healthy and able to play. Once Bell got injured in the AFC title game, we were screwed even with AB on the field. If James Conner didn't get injured, didn't have to get surgery and was actually able to play more games this year, my level of confidence would be much higher and might be enough to change my mind but I can't. As a Steelers fan through the 8-8 seasons and the fucking Tebow loss and the 4 division titles in the last 8 years with nothing to show for it, I can't see myself being happy with a RB situation that is nothing but a question mark knowing what we have right now.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. I just feel like, in a league where you pretty much need a back like Le'Veon that can also catch the ball, letting one go would be a huge mistake. Completely dick move by Bell to go back on the contract like he did. But the ball is ultimately in the Steelers organization's court. There is really no wrong move, taking all opinions out of it. There's only a right move from a business standpoint and a right move from a success standpoint.

If the team and coaches are all in on James Conner than I suppose it makes no sense to cave in and pay Bell the extra $3 mil he wants. But if there are ANY second guesses on whether or not James Conner can perform and put up the numbers needed to have the same success, we can't just let Bell walk. We were the closest we've been to the Super Bowl last year and arguably that is with having Le'Veon healthy and able to play. Once Bell got injured in the AFC title game, we were screwed even with AB on the field. If James Conner didn't get injured, didn't have to get surgery and was actually able to play more games this year, my level of confidence would be much higher and might be enough to change my mind but I can't. As a Steelers fan through the 8-8 seasons and the fucking Tebow loss and the 4 division titles in the last 8 years with nothing to show for it, I can't see myself being happy with a RB situation that is nothing but a question mark knowing what we have right now.

But Bell is no longer looking for that 3 mil in year 3.....he wants 5 years, 15 mil each of those 5 years. And with the shelf life a running back of his caliber, it's a short shelf life. 5 years is far too risky.

I'm not sold on Conner either, he's a good kid but has a long way to go. Another factor is Haley, our run game is the most dominant in the NFL....ever. But if you look, those numbers have taken a huge skid since Haley. He isn't pro run!!! Back in the day, we have taken many no name guys and made them big time runners.....at least until they leave. That is no longer the case, why, Haley.

Hell, I'll bet if you plug Saquon Barkley in our offence, he would struggle. Our offence isn't set up for smash mouth Steeler football anymore, it's more run and gun.

But back to topic, I can't see Pittsburgh giving him 5 years and 15 million. The offer they gave him was fair 3 years 15 guaranteed for year 1 and 2, 12 for the last year. And the last year had incentives......

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He tore his ACL or MCL in 2015 and needed surgery to repair that. 2015, surgery. 2017, surgery. 2 surgeries in 2 years.

Le'Veon has had 1 surgery to repair his MCL and another on his groin. So Bell has only has 1 knee surgery. He had a foot sprain in 2013 that didn't require surgery, no injury in 2014, MCL tear in 2015 that required surgery and a groin injury last year that required surgery. Yet with all that, he rushed for nearly 1300 yards and caught the ball 85 times. He's proven he can get the job done hence why I am more than comfortable paying him to keep him.

The coaches seem confident in Landry Jones being the successor to the helm after Ben retires, so we should just be fine with that too right?
That 3 years not 2.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Bell is no longer looking for that 3 mil in year 3.....he wants 5 years, 15 mil each of those 5 years. And with the shelf life a running back of his caliber, it's a short shelf life. 5 years is far too risky.

I'm not sold on Conner either, he's a good kid but has a long way to go. Another factor is Haley, our run game is the most dominant in the NFL....ever. But if you look, those numbers have taken a huge skid since Haley. He isn't pro run!!! Back in the day, we have taken many no name guys and made them big time runners.....at least until they leave. That is no longer the case, why, Haley.

Hell, I'll bet if you plug Saquon Barkley in our offence, he would struggle. Our offence isn't set up for smash mouth Steeler football anymore, it's more run and gun.

But back to topic, I can't see Pittsburgh giving him 5 years and 15 million. The offer they gave him was fair 3 years 15 guaranteed for year 1 and 2, 12 for the last year. And the last year had incentives......

LeSean McCoy signed a 5 year contract with the Bills, he seems to be doing just fine 3 years in. Devonta Freeman's contract is for 5 years, little more than $8 mil a year with much less production than Bell. Todd Gurley is up for a new contract after next year and if he keeps playing the way he did this year, you don't think he's gonna be the highest paid RB? It's the same situation with Kirk Cousins in Washington. You pay him because you need him and the pool of star RBs is very slim. The pool of star QBs are slim as well. 9 RBs rushed for over 1,000 yards which is the line in which RBs are judged by. 4 of them were in the AFC and those 4 teams that had 1,00 yard rushers were all playoff teams. 2 of the 6 NFC playoff teams also had 1,000 yard rushers too. A player like Bell is too important to not sign. The offer was fair from the Steelers. I agree with that, but Bell wants #1 RB and #2 WR money and in my opinion he deserves it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeSean McCoy signed a 5 year contract with the Bills, he seems to be doing just fine 3 years in. Devonta Freeman's contract is for 5 years, little more than $8 mil a year with much less production than Bell. Todd Gurley is up for a new contract after next year and if he keeps playing the way he did this year, you don't think he's gonna be the highest paid RB? It's the same situation with Kirk Cousins in Washington. You pay him because you need him and the pool of star RBs is very slim. The pool of star QBs are slim as well. 9 RBs rushed for over 1,000 yards which is the line in which RBs are judged by. 4 of them were in the AFC and those 4 teams that had 1,00 yard rushers were all playoff teams. 2 of the 6 NFC playoff teams also had 1,000 yard rushers too. A player like Bell is too important to not sign. The offer was fair from the Steelers. I agree with that, but Bell wants #1 RB and #2 WR money and in my opinion he deserves it.

The timing could be right for them to go all-in on Bell's contract demands. Not saying they will, because I don't think it will happen, but it's a possibility. If the Steelers tag Bell that would be just north of $14mil this year. So what's another $1-2mil on top of that to get the deal done? Just sayin if the thought of tagging him was on the agenda then getting a long term deal done wouldn't be that hard to do. But given the current projected cap number they will have to cut some fat off the bone. They are already $6mil OVER the cap limit.

IMO the only real possibility of Bell getting signed to his desired deal would require them to cut a lot of dead weight. The DB corps would be my target. In the form of Mike Mitchell ($8.14mil cap hit), JJ Wilcox ($3.8mil), Coty Sensabaugh ($1.6m) and William Gay ($2.4mil). Cutting those 4 players alone would save them $12-13mil ($2.6mil dead cap for all 4). Then I'd clear out some vets like Foster ($3.59m) & DHB ($1.33m) which would save close to an additional $4mil. That would get them within $3-4mil of where they need to be to get Bell under contract. A restructure of some sort to Ben, Heyward, Tuitt or Haden in the form of a cash bonus would free up the rest.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He better keep his mouth shut or the Steelers could punish him & trade him to Cleveland. And he don't want that.

Naaahhhh. They'll just cut him and the Patriots will sign him.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at "threatened."

It's "leverage."