• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le'Veon Bell

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell really needs to step away from social media... He's making himself look like an idiot. Does he really think acting like the aggrieved towards the general public is going to get him sympathy? He's going to make $35,800 every time he touches the ball this season, and he averaged 27 touches per game last year... According to that math he'll be making close to $1mil per game... That would take the average American 17 years to make what Bell does in 1 game. You'll get no sympathy from us Bell. Stop yourself.

Maybe he's just talking to the FO? Ok. He's been offered contracts ranging $4-5mil MORE than his RB peers. And yet he thinks he's being shamed & not valued enough? No FO is going to give you sympathy either Bell.

I get it why he's valuing himself. I'm not arguing his worth, since he's arguably the biggest catalyst to this entire offense. Without him this offense would need to find a completely new identity. Just saying that he's making himself look like a D-bag on social media when acting like a disgruntled victim.

There are those who simply close their eyes to his decline in his YPC and bigger gains, and his overall wear and tear and the long-term risk that he brings a team. ‘Just pay the man whatever he asks’ is your view. I don’t speak against contracts often but on this one Bell is over-valuing himself and hopefully the Steelers won’t meet his inflated demands. He has earned a blockbuster deal, and I think the Steelers have been more than generous in that area of meeting that blockbuster demand. Bell is asking for even more than that, which is where I think he goes wrong.

The $13mil per year or whatever was offered would have been a homerun for him and his "setting the new bar for RB's" objective. But to ask for more than that? He doesn't seem to understand that this league doesn't value skill position players that have aged like they do with Quarterbacks. The Steelers are no different. The contract they offered would have arguably hurt them in the long run, but they still wanted to honor his achievements & pay him his dues. If he doesn't come to terms on a long-term deal before July then he can kiss his PIT career goodbye. And if that indeed comes to pass, then good luck with the rest of your "short window" career in another uniform Bell.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell really needs to step away from social media... He's making himself look like an idiot. Does he really think acting like the aggrieved towards the general public is going to get him sympathy? He's going to make $35,800 every time he touches the ball this season, and he averaged 27 touches per game last year... According to that math he'll be making close to $1mil per game... That would take the average American 17 years to make what Bell does in 1 game. You'll get no sympathy from us Bell. Stop yourself.

Maybe he's just talking to the FO? Ok. He's been offered contracts ranging $4-5mil MORE than his RB peers. And yet he thinks he's being shamed & not valued enough? No FO is going to give you sympathy either Bell.

I get it why he's valuing himself. I'm not arguing his worth, since he's arguably the biggest catalyst to this entire offense. Without him this offense would need to find a completely new identity. Just saying that he's making himself look like a D-bag on social media when acting like a disgruntled victim.

There are those who simply close their eyes to his decline in his YPC and bigger gains, and his overall wear and tear and the long-term risk that he brings a team. ‘Just pay the man whatever he asks’ is your view. I don’t speak against contracts often but on this one Bell is over-valuing himself and hopefully the Steelers won’t meet his inflated demands. He has earned a blockbuster deal, and I think the Steelers have been more than generous in that area of meeting that blockbuster demand. Bell is asking for even more than that, which is where I think he goes wrong.

The $13mil per year or whatever was offered would have been a homerun for him and his "setting the new bar for RB's" objective. But to ask for more than that? He doesn't seem to understand that this league doesn't value skill position players that have aged like they do with Quarterbacks. The Steelers are no different. The contract they offered would have arguably hurt them in the long run, but they still wanted to honor his achievements & pay him his dues. If he doesn't come to terms on a long-term deal before July then he can kiss his PIT career goodbye. And if that indeed comes to pass, then good luck with the rest of your "short window" career in another uniform Bell.

Well said.

I'm all for players making as much as they can make, even the ones the left PIT to get it...I understand. Wallace? PIT was not and should not have come close to that...go get it...The Steelers choose the inhouse guys to pay and they pay them well, but it's rarely ever the most lucrative deal...AB's contract didn't pay nearly the guaranteed money that Julio's did...but unless AB falls off the map...he's going to see most all of that contract. Ben, Heyward, Tuitt, DeCastro...all of their deals that way...very good yr to yr, but not the highest guaranteed cash.

In this case, I'm more behind the team than normal because they're willing to pay Bell considerably more than the next highest paid RB. As a fan, you simply can't ask them to do any more than that. I get his dual threat capabilities, and I know he's aware that other players before him were effective dual threats as well. He feels if he reset the bar, RBs behind him will reap the benefits as well.

But, he's picking the wrong kind of team to make that statement with...contenders typically have expensive QBs and often too many other guys to pay...not just PIT...no contender is not going to have $15 mil to pay a RB unless they have a QB on a rookie contract.

Next year, there will be teams with cap money and the need to spend it...hopefully he's able to cash in...it really seems to be important to him to max out.

Going forward, part of Bell was Haley...he sought to get him the ball...I'm sure Fitchner will too, but they will bring in another RB and life will go on.

At least this will be the last year of Bell contract drama.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked like an ass whippin last night! :heh:

Man, it's bad when they show more fight after the final horn than they did all game.

Those kids are good, but last night proved they still aren't ready for the big show.

But hey, fuck you and @Ewa PGH Fan anyways......:lol:
Seriously guys, good game, see you next go round!!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's not forget to mention, what will his next move be????
He's threatened retirement......
Is he going to sit out trading camp again......
Will he invent a new way to be a dick.......

Everything he has done, And continues to do makes him look worse. Now if he were all about Pittsburgh as he bullshitingly lies about, he would shut up, show up, and do his job. But he's not about Pittsburgh, he's about himself.....that being said, let the circus begin.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Bell forgets is all he needs to do is get caught one more time smoking and he is on a 10 game suspension. Don't care if he is the best RB in the game right now but if he is suspended he is useless and will ruin their cap situation.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget to mention, what will his next move be????
He's threatened retirement......
Is he going to sit out trading camp again......
Will he invent a new way to be a dick.......

Everything he has done, And continues to do makes him look worse. Now if he were all about Pittsburgh as he bullshitingly lies about, he would shut up, show up, and do his job. But he's not about Pittsburgh, he's about himself.....that being said, let the circus begin.
Bell needs a history lesson... When it comes to contract disputes, the Rooney family is undefeated

Ask Mike Wallace.

Ask Hines Ward.

Ask Mike Merriweather.

Ask Franco Harris.

You can't bluff or scare the Rooney family. So go ahead and dig your grave Le'Veon.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it people are just now beginning to see this????
I mean yes his talent is far beyond most, but doesn't anyone recall T.O.????
Didn't go so well for him either.
All this social media bullshit is going to sign his trade outta town. He's painting himself in a really bad light, and it doesn't look like he has any intention of slowing it down either. This is going to get ugly fast.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this social media bullshit is going to sign his trade outta town. He's painting himself in a really bad light, and it doesn't look like he has any intention of slowing it down either. This is going to get ugly fast.

Last year was only an appetizer to the bullshit this clown is about to feed everyone!!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell needs a history lesson... When it comes to contract disputes, the Rooney family is undefeated

Ask Mike Wallace.

Ask Hines Ward.

Ask Mike Merriweather.

Ask Franco Harris.

You can't bluff or scare the Rooney family. So go ahead and dig your grave Le'Veon.

Like I said my friend, just look at the future without him. If he plays, outfuckingstanding!!!!!
If he doesn't, eh.....

I think he is above and beyond far more talented an athlete than he even realizes, but as a human being, he is a scum bag piece of shit. He is closing the window on his own career faster than the wear and tear of the carries he has in a season.

Damn shame, but fuck'em. He's doing it to himself.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was only an appetizer to the bullshit this clown is about to feed everyone!!!!
I love how he is threatening not to sign the tag because its "not enough money"... And then he says that he's going to retire or sit-out because he's already made enough money.

So which is it? LMAO!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how he is threatening not to sign the tag because its "not enough money"... And then he says that he's going to retire or sit-out because he's already made enough money.

So which is it? LMAO!

Like I said, I'm sure he'll find a new way to be a dick about it....And he has. It's sad.
He could of been the greatest back in Steelers history, even NFL history. Now he's just a douche.

I'm standing by my call, he holds out and goes to the XFL.....only way he gets out of the Steelers owning his ass!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I'm sure he'll find a new way to be a dick about it....And he's has. It's sad.
He could of been the greatest back in Steelers history, even NFL history. Now he's just a douche.

I'm standing by my call, he holds out and goes to the XFL.....only way he gets out of the Steelers owning his ass!!!
My money is on an exact repeat of 2017... He'll hold out of camp & preseason and report just before week 1 game. He has way too much to lose if he holds out longer than that. He holds out 1-2 games then I'd be willing to bet the team hangs him up on the DNR/suspended list and lets him ride the pine all year. Then what do you think another team would be willing to pay an egotistical prick that has been out of football for an entire year? Nothing close to what the Steelers are offering this season.

You can pretty much guarantee that both Colbert & Rooney have had it with his bullshit at this point. I bet they're exhausted with him but they're trying to make it work because of Ben's window closing.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He preaches he's all Pittsburgh, he wants to retire Pittsburgh, then turns around and talks Shit on the organization....
Talk about two faced and a contradicting asshole.....And you see the emphasis......yes....lol

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My money is on an exact repeat of 2017... He'll hold out of camp & preseason and report just before week 1 game. He has way too much to lose if he holds out longer than that. He holds out 1-2 games then I'd be willing to bet the team hangs him up on the DNR/suspended list and lets him ride the pine all year. Then what do you think another team would be willing to pay an egotistical prick that has been out of football for an entire year? Nothing close to what the Steelers are offering this season.

You can pretty much guarantee that both Colbert & Rooney have had it with his bullshit at this point. I bet they're exhausted with him but they're trying to make it work because of Ben's window closing.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with your LOGICAL thinking.....that being said, this is Bell we are talking about and there is no way to measure the length of stupidity he is willing to go.
Let's look at the phone number bullshit as an example. You knew you were being watched because of drugs in the past, yet you didn't feel it important to give the NFL your new phone number so they could contact you.....then how he told the fans on his Twitter, he would not be suspended for it.....the kids ignorance knows no limits.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well said.

I'm all for players making as much as they can make, even the ones the left PIT to get it...I understand. Wallace? PIT was not and should not have come close to that...go get it...The Steelers choose the inhouse guys to pay and they pay them well, but it's rarely ever the most lucrative deal...AB's contract didn't pay nearly the guaranteed money that Julio's did...but unless AB falls off the map...he's going to see most all of that contract. Ben, Heyward, Tuitt, DeCastro...all of their deals that way...very good yr to yr, but not the highest guaranteed cash.

In this case, I'm more behind the team than normal because they're willing to pay Bell considerably more than the next highest paid RB. As a fan, you simply can't ask them to do any more than that. I get his dual threat capabilities, and I know he's aware that other players before him were effective dual threats as well. He feels if he reset the bar, RBs behind him will reap the benefits as well.

But, he's picking the wrong kind of team to make that statement with...contenders typically have expensive QBs and often too many other guys to pay...not just PIT...no contender is not going to have $15 mil to pay a RB unless they have a QB on a rookie contract.

Next year, there will be teams with cap money and the need to spend it...hopefully he's able to cash in...it really seems to be important to him to max out.

Going forward, part of Bell was Haley...he sought to get him the ball...I'm sure Fitchner will too, but they will bring in another RB and life will go on.

At least this will be the last year of Bell contract drama.

I think the biggest thing Bell is overlooking is the past Steeler running backs.....don't get me wrong Bell is a damn good running back, but let's take a look......Bam Morris was a monster, Barry Foster was a beast, and fast Willie Parker was awesome to watch. With the exception of Foster (because of injury) they were God's in Pittsburgh, but once they left town, they left the face of the earth. Look at other Steeler greats.....Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace, Kordell Stewart, Plaxico Burress (who did come back but did nothing) how many guys left Pittsburgh and would of killed to come back????

This kid is making a decision he will regret the rest of his career.
We've all seen it, wether they leave or are forced out, anyone who has left this team has never been the same player. And this putz is no different.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest thing Bell is overlooking is the past Steeler running backs.....don't get me wrong Bell is a damn good running back, but let's take a look......Bam Morris was a monster, Barry Foster was a beast, and fast Willie Parker was awesome to watch. With the exception of Foster (because of injury) they were God's in Pittsburgh, but once they left town, they left the face of the earth. Look at other Steeler greats.....Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace, Kordell Stewart, Plaxico Burress (who did come back but did nothing) how many guys left Pittsburgh and would of killed to come back????

This kid is making a decision he will regret the rest of his career.
We've all seen it, wether they leave or are forced out, anyone who has left this team has never been the same player. And this putz is no different.

The train hasn't collected any hardware in a while, but it will keep moving...with or w/o Bell. There will be a plan B.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The train hasn't collected any hardware in a while, but it will keep moving...with or w/o Bell. There will be a plan B.

Plan B may not always be the best option, but this team has NEVER had a problem producing a quality running back.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though he's on my shitlist right now, I really hope the Steelers don't deal him away. With so much movement going on in the NFL right now and over the next week, I keep holding my breath every time I see a breaking NFL news update notification on my phone.