• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le'Veon Bell

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bell plays on the tag he will be making close to $35,000 per touch (based on his 2017 numbers).

:eek:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At CB, We have Burns, Sutton, Sensabaugh, Gay, Allen and Hilton. There’s 7 CBS. At FS, we would more than likely need to keep Haden, I know this. But the guy is old, expensive and not the same Joe Haden he was 3 years ago. He’s not worth what we are paying him and hasn’t been worth that in 3 years. All I would like is Bell under a long term deal. I can’t see this team being as good as it has been offensively without him.

Let me clarify because @Psych-Ward seems to be having a complete meltdown after coming out from his hole, I’m not arguing with anyone, I’m giving my opinions. I don’t feel like I’ve been disrespectful to anyone here. This conversation was going by good until someone had to just immediately start shit because he doesn’t like Bell and he immediately hates anyone who does. If we can’t have civil conversations about anything what’s the point of even being here?

I understand Bell is a big part of the OFC and most likely the production would go down with a replacement. But based on past experience, the OFC didn't completely shutdown when DWill filled in for Bell. So if they find a competent vet RB like a Frank Gore to pair with Connor, I think the OFC will still be pretty good. Not as good as they are with Bell, but still a productive unit.

The DEF was still not complete with Shazier...now w/o him they have 2 major holes. If you sign Bell, you can't create another hole by getting rid of Haden, who I agree is not the same player he was, but he's still a starting caliber player.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs, Browns, Jets, Giants, Raiders, Broncos, those are the team just off the top of my head that would pay for him.

Browns have the money, and they must spend a lot of it. but most likely they will be putting their FA money at WR, maybe DE...I think they end up with Barkley.

DEN doesn't have the money. Once the Jets lock up QB, I could see them making a splash, but PIT is not looking at the non-exclusive option so barring something unforeseen, it's PIT or the couch for this season.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns have the money, and they must spend a lot of it. but most likely they will be putting their FA money at WR, maybe DE...I think they end up with Barkley.

DEN doesn't have the money. Once the Jets lock up QB, I could see them making a splash, but PIT is not looking at the non-exclusive option so barring something unforeseen, it's PIT or the couch for this season.
According to reports they used the exclusive tag on Bell. Bell is getting on my nerves. For all his talk of wanting to be a Steelers for life, blah, blah, blah, he can't put pen to fuckin' paper. And every time the Steelers up the offer it's still not good enough for him. I'm sure Bell will drag this out until the last week of preseason again. His agent should've shown him how Franco and Mike Merriwether's careers ended in Pittsburgh. The Steelers' FO doesn't and won't blink, ever!!! Somehow Bell still hasn't learned that, sad really.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to reports they used the exclusive tag on Bell. Bell is getting on my nerves. For all his talk of wanting to be a Steelers for life, blah, blah, blah, he can't put pen to fuckin' paper. And every time the Steelers up the offer it's still not good enough for him. I'm sure Bell will drag this out until the last week of preseason again. His agent should've shown him how Franco and Mike Merriwether's careers ended in Pittsburgh. The Steelers' FO doesn't and won't blink, ever!!! Somehow Bell still hasn't learned that, sad really.

Warning: Opinions may lie ahead. You may or may not agree with them. Viewer discretion is advised.

Everytime the Steelers tag him, that's a slap in the face to the guy who puts up almost 2000 yards from scrimmage every season. He's their #1 RB and their #2 WR. I don't care where he lines up, he's their 2nd option for targets. We have the luxury of having a RB that is a dual threat. Probably the best dual threat in the league, probably the best RB in the league, definitely the best receiving back in the league, but the FO won't just fork over an extra $2-2.5 mil a year? He's good enough to pay him $14.5 for one year, why not for 3 or 4?

The FO needs to wake up, smarten up and sign the man. Conner and Nix don't combine for 1/2 the production, rushing or receiving, that Bell does on his own. The Steelers are starting to grind me last nerve. They won't pay a man who is a game-changer on ANY team and every team right now is looking for that game-changer and guess what? WE HAVE HIM, but we won't pay him. Just pay the mother fucker and end this soap opera bullshit.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warning: Opinions may lie ahead. You may or may not agree with them. Viewer discretion is advised.

Everytime the Steelers tag him, that's a slap in the face to the guy who puts up almost 2000 yards from scrimmage every season. He's their #1 RB and their #2 WR. I don't care where he lines up, he's their 2nd option for targets. We have the luxury of having a RB that is a dual threat. Probably the best dual threat in the league, probably the best RB in the league, definitely the best receiving back in the league, but the FO won't just fork over an extra $2-2.5 mil a year? He's good enough to pay him $14.5 for one year, why not for 3 or 4?

The FO needs to wake up, smarten up and sign the man. Conner and Nix don't combine for 1/2 the production, rushing or receiving, that Bell does on his own. The Steelers are starting to grind me last nerve. They won't pay a man who is a game-changer on ANY team and every team right now is looking for that game-changer and guess what? WE HAVE HIM, but we won't pay him. Just pay the mother fucker and end this soap opera bullshit.
Bell's the one who won't sign on the dotted line. No one's fault but his.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell's the one who won't sign on the dotted line. No one's fault but his.

Because they won’t pay him what he wants and I don’t blame him for wanting that much. Apparently, the Steelers don’t want him that much. The Steelers FO is speaking loudly about how they value their star players.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know writers looking for a story is what keeps this in the media, but I've said I'm not going to let it bother me this time.

If he does sign it fairly quickly...I think it works in his favor...a team like the Jets or Bucs might trade for him knowing they have the cash to pay him long term. I'm sure PIT would take a high 2nd for him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you say you don't care where he lines up, essentially you're siding with Bell's cause rather than watching the games. If he was defended by a CB like the WR2 is, I can give it more credibility. This I've seen before.

The reason you can pay him $14.5 for one year and not multiple is this...this roster is not set up to pay a RB $14-15 mil every season...with several roster cuts...they can make it work for a year.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you say you don't care where he lines up, essentially you're siding with Bell's cause rather than watching the games. If he was defended by a CB like the WR2 is, I can give it more credibility. This I've seen before.

The reason you can pay him $14.5 for one year and not multiple is this...this roster is not set up to pay a RB $14-15 mil every season...with several roster cuts...they can make it work for a year.

This offense is not the same without him. This offense isn't better without him. Hence why I think we need to keep him. This offense with Conner and a 2nd RB as our running game is not a viable option. Conner gets hurt again, we are fucked.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad faith negotiating is really showing Bell's maturity level during these last few years. The tag is a win for the team because it tells us they have concerns over Bell long-term, and he is proving them right. His maturity (suspensions, me-first attitude, etc) and injury history have to be taken into account when thinking long-term. If they gave Bell what he wanted then they would likely be signing their death certificates for the coming years.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This offense is not the same without him. This offense isn't better without him. Hence why I think we need to keep him. This offense with Conner and a 2nd RB as our running game is not a viable option. Conner gets hurt again, we are fucked.
Bell gets suspended again, we're just as fucked.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell is being an idiot. If he was smart he would have taken the best offer last season. He would be paid more than 2 years on the tag, and he would have more guarantees. Now he is looking at logging another 400+ touches on the season as well as losing a year of his life which effects his contract negotiations.

That RB cliff will come sooner than later.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell gets suspended again, we're just as fucked.

But my issue is, Bell hasn't been injured in over a year, hasn't had surgery on any knee since November 2015 and he's also been clean for the past 2 years. Conner got hurt 6 months ago and it's he 2nd time for that knee in 3 years. I have 0 faith in James Conner to stay healthy because he's not proven otherwise. Bell has proven that he can and will stay clean and he's healthy. It was a risk to draft him in the first place and that risk turned our to be true.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you gotta understand the difference between a conversation and an argument. In this instance, I wasn't arguing with anyone. I was giving facts to back up why I think the way I do. Didn't say anyone else was wrong, didn't call anyone names. As a matter of fact, this conversation wasn't a huge deal until you came along. Would you imagine that?

No, you haven't been arguing, but you have in more than one instance insulted everyone on this board at least once.

You have got to be the most feeble minded to think this organization hasn't done what they can for dumb shit bell. They offered him a huge deal last year, did he take it......no. they have been moving players and restructuring contracts to get him.....is it enough for him????? No. When is enough, enough??? According to you when half the team is gone. 15 million for each of 5 years.....it would be much more beneficial to have 2 guys at say 5 million a year. Will they put up bell like numbers? Probably not, but it'll keep the team going and more. 1 suspension, 1 injury, then what??? You're on the fence for 15 million and nothing to show for it....yea that's good business.

Good thing your snowflake ass want around for the 80's....your ego and your head would of exploded.

Oh, and imagine this, I can see the rest of the guys trying their very hardest with you. I respect all of them for that. I'm not here to pander to your stupidity, or your short sighted bullshit, these guys know me. You, you don't wanna look off the end of your nose, because three fall off your pedestal would kill you.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you haven't been arguing, but you have in more than one instance insulted everyone on this board at least once.

You have got to be the most feeble minded to think this organization hasn't done what they can for dumb shit bell. They offered him a huge deal last year, did he take it......no. they have been moving players and restructuring contracts to get him.....is it enough for him????? No. When is enough, enough??? According to you when half the team is gone. 15 million for each of 5 years.....it would be much more beneficial to have 2 guys at say 5 million a year. Will they put up bell like numbers? Probably not, but it'll keep the team going and more. 1 suspension, 1 injury, then what??? You're on the fence for 15 million and nothing to show for it....yea that's good business.

Good thing your snowflake ass want around for the 80's....your ego and your head would of exploded.

Oh, and imagine this, I can see the rest of the guys trying their very hardest with you. I respect all of them for that. I'm not here to pander to your stupidity, or your short sighted bullshit, these guys know me. You, you don't wanna look off the end of your nose, because three fall off your pedestal would kill you.

You just don't know how to let things go do you?