• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leveon Bell is good

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy asked
4.9 ypc in the regular season last year, 5.5 ypc in the postseason, and 4.5 ypc career.....pretty good, oh and he is a great pass catcher

I never said he wasn't productive. I simply answered the question of what's not to admire and I said his speed and vertical.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy asked

I never said he wasn't productive. I simply answered the question of what's not to admire and I said his speed and vertical.
i was responding to your YPC is a better metric

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was responding to your YPC is a better metric

I never said it wasn't a better metric. Eddy e lacy averaged 5.1 upcoming last season but runs like a 5.0 40 time. Whatever it takes and Bell has a unique style to be productive despite below average athleticism.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Leveon Bell's draft analysis on NFL.com
Weaknesses
Taller back who presents a big target for defenders to hit, especially when failing to lower his pads going into the hole. Size also limits his breakaway speed and ability to create on his own if challenged by better front sevens.Sub par vision prevents him from seeing cut back lines and sees him running up the back of his lead blocker too often. Pass protection form is inconsistent, has size to handle rushers or at least push them around the pocket, but often moves his feet too slowly or tries to cut instead of setting to anchor. Holds the ball away from his body at times, though he doesn't fumble very often.
NFL Comparison
LeGarrette Blount
Bottom Line
Bell has monster size, but also shows nimble feet. Can make people miss at any level of the field, but doesn't have very good vision. As the season progressed, Bell's lateral agility declined. Bell proved capable of handling a tremendous amount of touches. To become a full-time back though, Bell will need to continue to improve his ability as a pass catcher or become a more consistent blocker, in addition to improving his vision as a runner.

Its his vision and pass catching that set him apart