• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Talk Dan Campbell

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stakes, you are the king of propping up things that shouldn't be.

Dan Campbell has a sub-.500 record as a coach and you want to build him a statue?!? LOL. Yes, put it in your backyard next to the one you have of Justin Fields.

I said he should get a statue before he gets fired. Even considering that action is ridiculous.

So far I nailed Getsy should be fired. check.

I've said at nauseum I can see the Bears going in either direction but that the blame of Fields is excessive and an easy out for you all. Given Williams and his tendency to hold the ball I fear you guys will be seeing the same problems only with a slower qb (every human on the planet at qb is slower than Fields save maybe Lamar)

But let the record show i was right on Getsy so far.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campbell is going to be a bust. Wont be a head coach in Detroit the start of the 2026 year.

Ben Johnson flat out has been the best play caller in football for the last 1.5 years. He took over playcalling duties last year when the Lions were 0-8. Since that moment they have went 21-7 including playoffs. He is the coach most responsible for the Lions success IMO.

But Johnson from the sounds of it is off to be the head coach at Washington.

This is one of those moments where a team makes a huge mistake by letting what is obviously a better coach in an assistant go away while maintaining their current coach. Reminds me of the Vikings when they kept Childress and let Tomlin walk to the Steelers. Even at the time a lot of Vikings fans wondered if that was the right move. But I am sure every franchise has one of those stories.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campbell is going to be a bust. Wont be a head coach in Detroit the start of the 2026 year.

Ben Johnson flat out has been the best play caller in football for the last 1.5 years. He took over playcalling duties last year when the Lions were 0-8. Since that moment they have went 21-7 including playoffs. He is the coach most responsible for the Lions success IMO.

This is one of those moments where a team makes a huge mistake by letting what is obviously a better coach in an assistant go away while maintaining their current coach. Reminds me of the Vikings when they kept Childress and let Tomlin walk to the Steelers. Even at the time a lot of Vikings fans wondered if that was the right move. But I am sure every franchise has one of those stories.
Johnson is a terrible game manager. He is Josh McDaneils 2.0. He consistently had no game plan or adjustments in second halves all year.

Designing plays is one thing, but actually coaching is another.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it was. But that does not excuse the call either. Of course that was also a bad play call by the OC (and QB for not changing it). You dont run your scat back up the middle when the defense has 11 in the box.

… yep, down 11 and passing up 3 pts in a nfc champ game is the wrong call fer sure … the blunders by the players proves you gotta dial up all the possibilities …

but I like Campbell and won’t blame him for the loss

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
… yep, down 11 and passing up 3 pts in a nfc champ game is the wrong call fer sure … the blunders by the players proves you gotta dial up all the possibilities …

but I like Campbell and won’t blame him for the loss
What game were you watching? They were up 10 when they passed on the first FG and down 3 on the second.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redskins should write a book on it.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What game were you watching? They were up 10 when they passed on the first FG and down 3 on the second.
… sorry ... stuttered fingers

… I feel like I was giving condolences at a wake and got the widower’s wife’s name wrong

Last edited:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is a microcosm of internet discourse. You can dislike the calls by Campbell without hating the coach. I am not sure when "I don't agree with this" became "I fucking hate this guy". Campbell made some questionable calls, but it took a team effort to drop that lead. Poor tackling, botched touch to an amazing punt, missed pick turning into a 50-yard catch, the entire team came down with a case of the Toney hands. The Lions showed they were new to the moment and the 49ers took advantage of it.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Context. You f*cking say the guy should have a statue built for him...You get an equal and opposite reaction. I stand by what I said.

dude.

You clearly was not getting what I was saying.

It's called exaggeration for the point of emphasizing how stupid the suggestion to fire him is.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Lions fans but this is true trust us

Na, I am already good. I watched my team play in games they never had before. I am not going to let a bad half at the end derail it. I am normally weeks into draft research by now. If my team had a lot of recent success I am sure it would be different. I have a just happy to be here outlook.....and so did the Lions.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said he should get a statue before he gets fired. Even considering that action is ridiculous.

So far I nailed Getsy should be fired. check.

I've said at nauseum I can see the Bears going in either direction but that the blame of Fields is excessive and an easy out for you all. Given Williams and his tendency to hold the ball I fear you guys will be seeing the same problems only with a slower qb (every human on the planet at qb is slower than Fields save maybe Lamar)

But let the record show i was right on Getsy so far.

The jury has decided that case, has it? You're putting a lot of faith in Matt Eberflus. He is on record as staunchly defending Fields in the OC interviews...so he sees it your way.

dude.

It's called exaggeration for the point of emphasizing how stupid the suggestion to fire him is.

So this is where I say you should put a Matt Eberflus statue in that backyard too?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude.

To be fair to you...Dan Campbell being fired is a ludicrous suggestion. He's not going to be fired. Not even close.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
… sorry ... stuttered fingers

… I feel like I was giving condolences at a wake and got the widower’s wife’s name wrong
Its all good. I live 25 minutes from Foxboro stadium and have watched enough of great coaching to know right from wrong.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Lions fans but this is true trust us

No way. Not like I actually lost something. I dont play for them. I dont even or have ever lived in MI. I had a ton of years watching Pats win SB after SB.

Fans make me laugh. I guess caused I played some sports at high levels. You didnt lose anything. You can be a fan of whoever you want.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no he would not.
Neither would any other coach with a brain in his head.

And lets be clear about one thing, since that are a lot of non-Lions fans in here. Not one Lions win this year was due to Campbell's reckless decision-making. They won inspite of his reckless decision-making. Until yesterday. And Dallas.

He's a great preparation & ra-ra coach, don't get me wrong. But I've said all year he's going to cost us games with his stupidity. And he did.

Last edited:

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Na, I am already good. I watched my team play in games they never had before. I am not going to let a bad half at the end derail it. I am normally weeks into draft research by now. If my team had a lot of recent success I am sure it would be different. I have a just happy to be here outlook.....and so did the Lions.

I’ll always respect Lions fans.
In 2008 the Patriots were coming off a perfect regular season only to lose the SB to NY[!] … it was a bad gutcheck, but 2008 was also the year Detroit went winless … and that last game had fans in the stands to the last minute …
I couldn’t bitch about NE losing that SB no more … except the part of creating a TV career for Michael Strahan

Anyway, hats off to the Lions