• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Talk Dan Campbell

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not a football fans take. Players screw up in every game ever played. Passes are always dropped.. Coaches making poor, game losing decisions in huge spots because they are too stubborn to admit they made previous mistakes so they double down, last forever.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way do I put that loss on Campbell.

Reynolds has to catch those passes.

Campbell put his team in a position to win. So did Jared Goff.

Exactly!

That "catch" by Kelce when Mahomes just threw it up (though I want a replay it looked like the ball might have touched the ground). The doink of the Lions defenders helment I could go on and on.

Going for it and going against the norm IS what got the Lions there and players LOVE HIM!

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 1st 4th down was indefensible. Lions had been fortunate to hold the 49ers to 3 on that opening drive, and countering with some points was important to try and slow momentum.

However, if Vildor makes that pick or Aiyuk does not catch it off the miss, who knows how it goes. The next play Lions fumble and that was pretty much that.

The 2nd I was ok with, Lions desperately needed a win on a drive at that point.

Campbell is a great coach, and players would do anything for him. I hope those ones give him pause to reflect. Maintain his aggressiveness to a point, but with more wisdom thrown in.

Either way, I am excited for the teams future. I am thrilled for the season, but now I want more. They should spend all the focus fixing the defense. Shore up the depth on offense, but unless Tee Higgins walk through the door all major moves should be making the defenses level closer to the offense.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way do I put that loss on Campbell.

Reynolds has to catch those passes.

Campbell put his team in a position to win. So did Jared Goff.

One of those was a terrible pass

Idk why people act like it it hit him in the numbers. It hit him in the shoe tops

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff made two bad throws on 4th down

Wrong time for him to do so.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best part about Campbell is he doesn't care what others outside that locker room think.
Neither did Staley.

Going for it on 4th down does make a ton of sense if your offense is better than your defense. I doubt Lions fans will sit through another year of that without complaining, though. Especially when they lose their OC.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither did Staley.

Going for it on 4th down does make a ton of sense if your offense is better than your defense. I doubt Lions fans will sit through another year of that without complaining, though. Especially when they lose their OC.
Most Lions fans are not sad Ben Johnson is leaving. Give him the week and he comes up with a hell of a game plan. Lions are consistently bad in the 3Q because he can't adjust the way most OC do.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Lions fans are not sad Ben Johnson is leaving. Give him the week and he comes up with a hell of a game plan. Lions are consistently bad in the 3Q because he can't adjust the way most OC do.
Interesting. I figured he was the top coaching candidate that teams were waiting on.

The Chiefs have stalled out in the 2nd half all year so that does sound familiar.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has obviously changed the culture in Detroit and is overall a huge positive for the Lions. But does he need an analytics consultant or something? His clock management and 4th down decisions were highly questionable in that second half. Sure, if he converts a few of those plays, and Josh Reynolds catches balls etc. it is a different outcome. But he played a role in that loss. Was Campbell to blame for the loss?

The guy is a fucking numbskull. I literally said to a friend yesterday morning that Detroit would lose because of a dumb decision by the HC and bam, he didn’t let me down. I know I know I know, the Lions were really good this year and he’s largely responsible, but his bone headed fucking decision making will likely stand between the team and a Lombardi trophy until he eventually gets fired for being stupid. It’s basic fucking math.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I figured he was the top coaching candidate that teams were waiting on.

The Chiefs have stalled out in the 2nd half all year so that does sound familiar.
He is a brilliant mind for offense. I think if as a HC he takes part in game plan, but let's his OC handle adjustments than he will be a great HC.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drops happen. Fumbles happen. Freak plays happen. Stalled drives happen. It’s why you take the fucking points when they’re staring you right in the face. In an elimination game. Holy shit.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone defending the way he coached that 2nd half is as dense as he is. Don't fall for that hubris BS. You're ahead 24-7. Not behind 24-7. He did as much to lose a game as a coach possibly can. I really want to fire him this morning.
Yep, 2 2nd half field goals and the Lions are prepping for Las Vegas.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't watch the same game.
Drops happen. Fumbles happen. Freak plays happen. Stalled drives happen. It’s why you take the fucking points when they’re staring you right in the face. In an elimination game. Holy shit.

Correct. It does not take a rocket scientist to know you take whatever points you can get when you are up 2 scores in the second half of a road playoff game. Those analytic charts are meaningless if you dont take other variables into consideration.

A little common sense goes a long way.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither did Staley.

Let's be honest, even IF Campbell did what everyone "wanted" him to do and the Lions still lost they would be calling for his head for NOT going for it on 4th and others...

I don't falt him at all for trying to keep the foot on the peddle.... It just didn't work out because players didn't execute

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest, even IF Campbell did what everyone "wanted" him to do and the Lions still lost they would be calling for his head for NOT going for it on 4th and others...

I don't falt him at all for trying to keep the foot on the peddle.... It just didn't work out because players didn't execute
correct, but let um tell us anyways. Overreaction Mondays are the best.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lions fans for the most part are not calling for his head. It's fans of other teams that are.