• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Talk Dan Campbell

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and people forget that.... Even if the Lions did everything "right" they still gave up 34... How is that Campbells fault?
Still waiting for an answer. Would Belichick go for it on 4th with a 2 score lead on the road in the second half of a playoff game?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for an answer. Would Belichick go for it on 4th with a 2 score lead on the road in the second half of a playoff game?

This is the first I've seen this question so sorry for being "late"

Belichick probably wouldn't have gone for it but he rarely does anyway... Campbell always has

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The major difference is Staley teams underperformed every year. Campbell so far have not. Winning makes people look at the stewngths, losing at the weaknesses
I'll say this about Campbell. He beat he who he should've beat and lost about where he should've lost.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first I've seen this question so sorry for being "late"

Belichick probably wouldn't have gone for it but he rarely does anyway... Campbell always has
So it was the wrong decision then. Pats had the GOAT at QB and still wouldnt go for it in that situation.

That is all we need to say about that.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a meathead that can still read a 4th down bot. They Lions have a bad D and gave up 34+ points. Going for it was very obviously the right call, imo. The fundamental problem is the 49ers are just better. Detroit had the right plan, and still couldn't knock them out.

Campbell doesn't "suck," for going for it when he is supposed to... the better team just won, imo.
The first 4th down up 14 I understand going for it. But passing up a chance to tie it late in the game is crazy stupid

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it was the wrong decision then. Pats had the GOAT at QB and still wouldnt go for it in that situation.

That is all we need to say about that.

Comparing two different style of coaches is a little absurd imo

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campbell doesn’t get all the blame, but he certainly has his fair share

You take the FG and three possession game. And then the run on the goal line and having to waste a timeout was not a good look.

You can’t blow a 17 point lead in the Confernce Championship game and “be happy with the season” just because the franchise normally stinks. Have to capitalize on that opportunity!

I don't understand how that even happens. I, as a fan, am running all the possibilities in my head about timeouts and how the Lions can comeback down 2 scores with 3 timeouts and a minute remaining...How is the coaching staff not doing the same that they somehow make that playcall in that situation?

That's not even gambling...That's just dumb as all hell.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but I would argue the momentum swing from a missed fg is different than making a stop on 4th.
A chance to tie that misses is a momentum swing as well.

Goff should have hit the short crosser going left, but he got scared of the pressure. That wasn't his best moment and it was a big moment. Should have never come to it though.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fired? the dude instilled winning in Detroit

He should get a statue before he should get fired

Stakes, you are the king of propping up things that shouldn't be.

Dan Campbell has a sub-.500 record as a coach and you want to build him a statue?!? LOL. Yes, put it in your backyard next to the one you have of Justin Fields.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Campbell make Gibbs fumble? That right there is more of a reason they lost than the 4th down call
Of course it was. But that does not excuse the call either. Of course that was also a bad play call by the OC (and QB for not changing it). You dont run your scat back up the middle when the defense has 11 in the box.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of those was a terrible pass

Idk why people act like it it hit him in the numbers. It hit him in the shoe tops
Disagree. That was a perfect pass.

Goff had to put that one slightly low and slightly away to keep it away from the defender. Anywhere else and the DB might knock it away.

At the same time... it was both off Reynold's shoe tops (it wasn't as low as you suggest) and well within his catch radius too.

Dude gotta catch that.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dan Campbell has a sub-.500 record as a coach and you want to build him a statue?!? LOL. Yes, put it in your backyard next to the one you have of Justin Fields.
He inherited a near talentless sub mediocre team and made a SB contender out of them in a couple years.

You will not hear anyone calling for Jim Caldwell ever again.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. That was a perfect pass.

Goff had to put that one slightly low and slightly away to keep it away from the defender. Anywhere else and the DB might knock it away.

At the same time... it was both off Reynold's shoe tops (it wasn't as low as you suggest) and well within his catch radius too.

Dude gotta catch that.
Certainly the second one. That was not a difficult catch.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In his first year when they traded away most vets for picks he went 3-13-1. He has 2 winning seasons since then. Talking sub-500 requires a level of hyper focus on a single stat and ignoring so much information.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He inherited a near talentless sub mediocre team and made a SB contender out of them in a couple years.

You will not hear anyone calling for Jim Caldwell ever again.

Rocky, Michael Jordan, Vince Lombardi, Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Mario Lemieux, Willie Mays, Larry Bird, Wilt Chamberlain, Dale Earnhardt, Hank Aaron, DAN F*CKING CAMPBELL.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his first year when they traded away most vets for picks he went 3-13-1. He has 2 winning seasons since then. Talking sub-500 requires a level of hyper focus on a single stat and ignoring so much information.

Context. You f*cking say the guy should have a statue built for him...You get an equal and opposite reaction. I stand by what I said.