• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Let's Make AJ Wish he'd never have left.........3 in SD

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I see Napoli finally got an AB in a totally worthless situation. :scratch:

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be interesting to see roster moves. Evidently no trades last night. Preparing for playoff roster

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And praise for DDJR throws that did not get the job done I think he covers a lot of ground but he has no arm like Martin. Fact

Those were good throws.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And praise for DDJR throws that did not get the job done I think he covers a lot of ground but he has no arm like Martin. Fact

It's also a fact, Martin has one of the better arms in baseball. Those were good throws IMO.

Plus, Banister in a recent interview was talking about how DeShields arm has gotten better, and will continue to do so, by working on longer throws from the OF, rather than the shorter/quicker ones INF make.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to laugh when I read something this morning on Facebook. Everyday Facebook gives me a rundown on things I have posted on the same date over the last few years. In 2012 on this date I posted the following.

I loved the following tweets by Keith Law today.

"Playing Michael Young at shortstop - with Andrus and Profar in the same metro area - is insanity. "
"Seriously, the Rangers would be better off letting a box of rocks set the lineup."

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 3 game hot streak came to a screaming halt last night didn't it?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar and Brinson will be going to the AFL in a few weeks.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar and Brinson will be going to the AFL in a few weeks.

Does it make sense to you the Rangers are considering bringing up Profar? And I've got my concerns for Gallo.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it make sense to you the Rangers are considering bringing up Profar? And I've got my concerns for Gallo.

Gallo - no. I think he should still be in AAA and then have the rest of the season off.

Profar - sure. Switch hitting pinch hitter for the bench is always nice. He wont see any field action though...

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with Profar coming up. It will be good for him to get a taste of playing in the bigs after such a long lay off. He will have to be taken off of the 60-day DL, but we have some guys on the 40 that can be removed without any damage anyway. He and Gallo both will come in handy as pinch hitters. Profar can do some PR also.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sense at all for either. Gallo has/is not showing he is ready. Leave in AAA for the duration.
Profar most likely will be used as a PH and has been out too long to have his timing down for a team in the run for all the marbles. IMO. If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it with broke. No disrespect for Profar I just don' think he is ready at this time.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sense at all for either. Gallo has/is not showing he is ready. Leave in AAA for the duration.
Profar most likely will be used as a PH and has been out too long to have his timing down for a team in the run for all the marbles. IMO. If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it with broke. No disrespect for Profar I just don' think he is ready at this time.

I'm much more inclined to your train of thought. Not sure of this, but it sure looks to me that Mr. Gallo needs to stay at AAA - where he's way under performing incidentally - and then let him have some time away from baseball. Maybe that's just me.

As for Profar, how can his timing not be off? And honestly, hasn't this guy shown he's a little injury prone? So he's damn near played zero games for two years and now we bring him up to PR. Just don't see the risk/reward here myself.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm much more inclined to your train of thought. Not sure of this, but it sure looks to me that Mr. Gallo needs to stay at AAA - where he's way under performing incidentally - and then let him have some time away from baseball. Maybe that's just me.

As for Profar, how can his timing not be off? And honestly, hasn't this guy shown he's a little injury prone? So he's damn near played zero games for two years and now we bring him up to PR. Just don't see the risk/reward here myself.
Can not agree more.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Profar has just had the one injury. I think he simply should have had the surgery last year. I wouldn't call him injury prone.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Profar has just had the one injury. I think he simply should have had the surgery last year. I wouldn't call him injury prone.
Call him what you wish or not. The point is whether to bring him up at this time. I would not ask him to PH in a crucial game during the play off's with the long absence from serious injury. Imo that makes no sense at all.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call him what you wish or not. The point is whether to bring him up at this time. I would not ask him to PH in a crucial game during the play off's with the long absence from serious injury. Imo that makes no sense at all.
I just think it doesn't hurt to have another option on the bench. I don't think Banister will misuse him.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think it doesn't hurt to have another option on the bench. I don't think Banister will misuse him.

I'm with DT 100% here. How can a guy who hasn't seen ML pitching in 2 years be an option hit? And the kid got hurt sleeping and he's 20. How many people you know who's ever gotten hurt sleeping, much less when they're 20 years old?

I said earlier, the risk/reward equation makes no sense to me.

IMO, regardless of what you do, having not done it for 24 months puts him/you at a natural disadvantage. No way to work around this. If you didn't use your keyboard for 18+ months, think you'd be able to breeze around on it? So why would you think Profar is an option to PH? And if he can't PH, then why the hell would he be here?

Bennie I just don't understand.