• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's be honest, Kobe is the Greatest Of All Time

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly until Lebron wins at least 3 more titles I dont want to hear Heat fans say shit about Kobe. The man has 5 rings and was insturmental in all 5 titles. Thats just facts. Whether he makes or misses shots the guy is a baller and crushed more teams than almost every other guy ever. If you want to call him overrated thats your call but Im SURE he couldnt give a fuck.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of the greats, Kobe is by far the most overrated. He is 45% for his career shooting, but for example compared to LBJ who is 49%.

Lebron scores more in the post than Kobe does with his drives to the basket, etc. Kobe has been more of a perimeter player throughout his career than Lebron. Lebron should have a higher field goal percentage. More of his shots come from closer to the hoop. When you consider the difference in shots, 4% isn't that big of a difference.

It's really not that difficult to understand if you know a little about the game.

:clap:

Hey Trojanfag. You know everyone can see at the bottom of the post: "Last edited by Trojanfag"

Kobe is overrated, great but overrated...deal with it. You know you are butthurt when you have to edit a factual post. :laugh3:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap:

Hey Trojanfag. You know everyone can see at the bottom of the post: "Last edited by Trojanfag"

Kobe is overrated, great but overrated...deal with it. You know you are butthurt when you have to edit a factual post. :laugh3:

Shane do you not consider Kobe one of the 15 best players ever??? I think most people have him in their top 5-15. While top 5,6,7, may be overrated I think its a no brainer hes top 15 all time. There are plenty of guys Id classify as more overrated than Kobe. ( MJ being the first, I know sacrilegious right???)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane do you not consider Kobe one of the 15 best players ever??? I think most people have him in their top 5-15. While top 5,6,7, may be overrated I think its a no brainer hes top 15 all time. There are plenty of guys Id classify as more overrated than Kobe. ( MJ being the first, I know sacrilegious right???)

Top 5 probably. But I am saying he is one of the greatest, BUT the most overrated out of the greatest...if that makes sense. He has hit clutch shots no doubt. But since LBJ has been in the league LBJ is the most clutch player in the NBA in the postseason at 44%. Nobody has done that, nobody. Kobe is 30%.

Kobe most of his career was not an all-around player, chunked up shots. He is great and at times was the most unstoppable force in the league easily. He is top 5 to top 10 all-time, but IMO the most overrrated out of the greats. Is that not fair to say??

And how is MJ overrated. He is unanimously #1 of all-time. You can't be overrated and he was a ballhog but still had all-around stats as well, Kobe not so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe's and MJ's career RPGs and APGs are pretty similar. MJ averaged slightly more (less than 1) of both. It is a bit of an understatement to claim Kobe is nothing but a chucker.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 probably. But I am saying he is one of the greatest, BUT the most overrated out of the greatest...if that makes sense. He has hit clutch shots no doubt. But since LBJ has been in the league LBJ is the most clutch player in the NBA in the postseason at 44%. Nobody has done that, nobody. Kobe is 30%.

Kobe most of his career was not an all-around player, chunked up shots. He is great and at times was the most unstoppable force in the league easily. He is top 5 to top 10 all-time, but IMO the most overrrated out of the greats. Is that not fair to say??

And how is MJ overrated. He is unanimously #1 of all-time. You can't be overrated and he was a ballhog but still had all-around stats as well, Kobe not so much.

I honestly think if you polled all the GM's in the league and asked them to be honest about who they would take as the guy to start their team with in their prime about 75% woiuld take Magic ahead of Michael. Magic MADE other guys better. Michael NEEDED other guys to to make hime better. That is just facts. Not saying MJ wasnt great but he wasnt the best all around player ever. That is Magic. MJ gets the love because he played at the height of NBA popularity but the reason the NBA was so polpular was Magic/Bird/Dr J. Without those guys MJ is just a cheap ass version of Oscar Robertson but with better teammates.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think if you polled all the GM's in the league and asked them to be honest about who they would take as the guy to start their team with in their prime about 75% woiuld take Magic ahead of Michael. Magic MADE other guys better. Michael NEEDED other guys to to make hime better. That is just facts. Not saying MJ wasnt great but he wasnt the best all around player ever. That is Magic. MJ gets the love because he played at the height of NBA popularity but the reason the NBA was so polpular was Magic/Bird/Dr J. Without those guys MJ is just a cheap ass version of Oscar Robertson but with better teammates.

I agree. But IMO that makes Magic underrated more or less than MJ overrated (that was just the kind of player MJ was). Magic is the best all-around player of all-time and is probably top 3. 1. MJ 2. Kareem 3. Magic

That is why I don't know why people bitch about LBJ. He is the best all-around player since Magic. He plays just like him, unselfish. And they say isn't clutch but he actually is the most clutch. But that is besides the fact.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But IMO that makes Magic underrated more or less than MJ overrated (that was just the kind of player MJ was). Magic is the best all-around player of all-time and is probably top 3. 1. MJ 2. Kareem 3. Magic

That is why I don't know why people bitch about LBJ. He is the best all-around player since Magic. He plays just like him, unselfish. And they say isn't clutch but he actually is the most clutch. But that is besides the fact.

LBJ will eventually be the best player ever. Its just a matter of time. Only 2 guys ever could dominate at all 5 positions. Magic and Lebron. Thats the entire list.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be realistic for a moment. Magic was below avg. on defense and his jumpshot was below avg. until later in his career. He usually guarded the least offensive threat.

He's not a player you can refer to as "best all around." Gotta play both ends of the floor and that's something Magic wasn't able to do.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be realistic for a moment. Magic was below avg. on defense and his jumpshot was below avg. until later in his career. He usually guarded the least offensive threat.

He's not a player you can refer to as "best all around." Gotta play both ends of the floor and that's something Magic wasn't able to do.

Magic was All NBA defensive team multiple times, led the NBA in steals mutliple times and could guard all 5 positions. MJ was a a lane jumper and got alot of steals but the guy he defended averaged almost 23 PPG against him during his career. Second highest average in the modern day NBA. MJs defense is BY FAR the most overrated aspect of his game. Guy was a subpar defender that used his athleticism to get steals but got beat consistently.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic was All NBA defensive team multiple times, led the NBA in steals mutliple times and could guard all 5 positions. MJ was a a lane jumper and got alot of steals but the guy he defended averaged almost 23 PPG against him during his career. Second highest average in the modern day NBA. MJs defense is BY FAR the most overrated aspect of his game. Guy was a subpar defender that used his athleticism to get steals but got beat consistently.
Link to him being named All NBA D team multiple times?

Leading in steals doesn't mean you're a great defensive player. Iverson led the league in steals 3 years in a row, yet wasn't names 1st or 2nd team all NBA defense. Was he considered a great defender?

Magic could try to guard all 5 positions but there's a reason why his assignment was usually the least offensive threat.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to worrying about others I see?
As far as me :lol: HOW SURE are you that I wasn't down with the Heat since before the Decision?
I'm pretty sure I've been a STH since the day they moved into the AAA, which I believe was before 2010.

??????????????"worry"???????????

Please:lol:...

90 day ban from SportsHoopla bet?

Bet on what? Don't make me LAUGH...

you lied about everything else...:laugh3:

And you can't prove DAMN THING with unsigned documents...:lol:

Now do what you do best, run your mouth, then run and hide.
The ultimate bandwagon coward :yahoo: CL

Easy to say that from BEHIND your computer screen, like ALWAYS, chicken shit...

I'll "run my mouth", then stand right in front of you. Hilarious. It isn't like a pussy little puke like YOU can make me do ANYTHING...:lol:

You're a band wagoner, you've already ADMITTED switching teams. Now run along before you get punished AGAIN...

LeBronMonsterDunk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That seems interesting do you have a link I could see for that?

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, rmilia has shot his credibility out the door. Jordan was selected to the All NBA Defensive First Team a record tying 9 times (for the record, Kobe has 9 selections as well). Michael Cooper? Yes. Kareem? Yes.
Magic? Nope. NOT ONCE... Oh, AND NEVER LEAD THE LEAGUE IN STEALS...

rmilia, :L

Stick to Iowa football, man...

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, rmilia has shot his credibility out the door. Jordan was selected to the All NBA Defensive First Team a record tying 9 times (for the record, Kobe has 9 selections as well). Michael Cooper? Yes. Kareem? Yes.

Actually he led the league in steals 2 times. 81-82. Just sayn :happy:

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he led the league in steals 2 times. 81-82. Just sayn :happy:

I should have been more clear. Yes he did, in steals per game but not total steals. In 80-81 and 81-82 when he was first in steals per game, he was 17th and 3rd respectively. In 80-81, Michael Ray Richardson led the league in total steals with 232 (Magic had 127 that year @ 3.4 per game with Richardson 2nd with 2.9 per). In 81-82, it was again Richardson with the most total steals @ 213 (Magic had 208 total @ 2.7 per while Richardson was tied for 2nd with 2.6 per).

So there you go. Credit where credit is due...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems interesting do you have a link I could see for that?

Yeah man Ill try to find it. Read it a couple years ago. Only guy in modern day NBA that allowed more ppg was Dominique Wilkins.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well youre half right. I thought he was all defense 2 times but he wasnt. He did lead the league in spg 2 times though :)