• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Letang had a stroke?!?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too stringy in my opinion - Now Guy Lafleur or Ron Duguay had great flow.

/Yes, I'm dating myself again, leave it alone higgy :D

It's a *little* flat, sure. He needs some volumizer.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he makes a full recovery. Maybe he'll be back for the postseason, but it doesn't look like they're going to rush him, which is a GREAT thing.

I think the Sid situation taught them something...thank god.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah heart murmurs can cause some major issues. I have a son with one at birth but it healed but when they told us about they said this could be an affect when older if it didn't heal.

My oldest son does as well. Scares the shit out of me when he plays Basketball. Hate stories like this, not a Letang guy but life>hockey so hoping Letang will be back in action soon.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get well, Letang! Glad he's okay and it's treatable.

Also, requisite:

[YOUTUBE]I-h4A7bF8wQ[/YOUTUBE]

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sucks for Letang. Poor guy. Hopefully he comes out of this fast and 100%.

I'd be a bit worried about playing NHL hockey on blood thinners but maybe he'll find another alternative.

Doctors once thought that I might have had a stroke. The testing alone was beyond unpleasant, not to mention the stress of the thought of such a thing. I was lucky. I can't imagine how hard this must hit a young guy. Sounds like he has his head on straight about the whole thing which is so important.

Good luck on the recovery to Kris Letang. As I said in another thread, I hope to be back to hating your guts on the ice sooner rather than later.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be a bit worried about playing NHL hockey on blood thinners but maybe he'll find another alternative.

Doctors once thought that I might have had a stroke. The testing alone was beyond unpleasant, not to mention the stress of the thought of such a thing. I was lucky. I can't imagine how hard this must hit a young guy. Sounds like he has his head on straight about the whole thing which is so important.

Good luck on the recovery to Kris Letang. As I said in another thread, I hope to be back to hating your guts on the ice sooner rather than later.

Zero chance he's on the ice whilst on blood-thinners. The six week time frame given, in my assumption, is the time frame he'll be ON the blood-thinners. That's just to break up the clot, or any potentials. Where I get lost in this, is what they're doing about the hole in his heart. Looking at some other case studies, they've all had the endoscopic procedure done to close the hole. I imagine this is related to the size of the hole, and I have complete trust in the docs to make the right decision. I sincerely think he's done for the year. He has some mental barriers to deal with as well. I hope he enjoys this break with his family, and just takes it easy.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, a little more than the "illness" they said at first.

Good luck, Kris

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then they realized that having difficulty putting words together and accomplishing simple tasks was just part of your everyday routine? :wink: