• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lawrence Phillips found dead in cell

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LP had so much going for him, but he wasn't smart enough to see what he had going for him.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LP had so much going for him, but he wasn't smart enough to see what he had going for him.

He was actually really intelligent. In fact, they felt like his intelligence caused his craziness, which often is the case.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was raised in an unbelievably dysfunctional environment. It's all been out there and everyone has taken their positions so there's no point rehashing it. But what ever the reason and whatever power he had or did not have to overcome it it is a fact he had severe abandonment issues and because of that whenever he perceived someone he loved, cared for or just had a friendly relationship did something that was causing him to be abandoned again he lost it.
His is one of the saddest stories of environment destroying a life's purpose that I know of.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He was actually really intelligent. In fact, they felt like his intelligence caused his craziness, which often is the case.

I'll rephrase my other comment... LP didn't have the common sense to see what he had going for him.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 9 years old when he was tearing it up.

I can literally say watching LP play taught me a ton. I remember playing as a kid and trying to cut and juke like him. Made me a much better player than I probably should have been just studying him in those games in the 90's.

He'll always go down as one of the best and most influential athletes I ever witnessed.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 9 years old when he was tearing it up.

I can literally say watching LP play taught me a ton. I remember playing as a kid and trying to cut and juke like him. Made me a much better player than I probably should have been just studying him in those games in the 90's.

He'll always go down as one of the best and most influential athletes I ever witnessed.

My favorite was the signature ball flip. Whether he was tackled after or high stepping into the end-zone. I ALWAYS did that after him.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahman Green used to copy him to. When they were tackled on their backs they always flipped the ball behind them past the line of scrimmage. I always thought that was so fuckin' cool. Just a subtle thing, but you didn't see any other backs do it and it was kind of a "next play please" type of gesture.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What I remember most about LP was his symbolic tossing of the Heisman Trophy out the window, a Heisman that he would have won hands down if he hadn't beaten a woman, a woman that was no doubt a skank, but still a woman. Also, I'll never get the image out of my head of LP dragging a woman by the hair down a flight of stairs. He was a real "HE MAN," wasn't he?

Seriously though, that Heisman Trophy sure would have looked good for the Nebraska program, wouldn't it have?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you always been a grumpy old man?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Have you always been a grumpy old man?

Telling the truth about LP doesn't make me a grumpy old man. He was a great college running back though wasn't he? Until of course he beat up a woman.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
I would rather be a grumpy old man instead of a defender of a woman beater, and a defender of a convict like you are.
So not bringing it up makes him a defender..... Hummmm, OK...

Do you have a horse?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather be a grumpy old man instead of a defender of a woman beater, and a defender of a convict like you are.
I said he was a sad example of environment destroying a person's potential and then asked you if you always look at things in the worst light possible, aka grumpy old man.

Just because I think you're a stick in the mud doesn't mean I am defending everything you bitch about. My God I don't have time to be defender of all that.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I remember most about LP was his symbolic tossing of the Heisman Trophy out the window, a Heisman that he would have won hands down if he hadn't beaten a woman, a woman that was no doubt a skank, but still a woman. Also, I'll never get the image out of my head of LP dragging a woman by the hair down a flight of stairs. He was a real "HE MAN," wasn't he?

Seriously though, that Heisman Trophy sure would have looked good for the Nebraska program, wouldn't it have?

You troll more than anyone I've ever seen.