• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lawrence Phillips found dead in cell

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an apparent suicide.

Troubled dude but still the best RB Nebraska ever had.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suicide suspected. Such a sad, tragic story from beginning to end.
Sorry to jump in the Husker board, but it just blows my mind how this guy was so gifted and was so dominant when he played at the college level, but could never get his life together. I look at Clarette the same way. They just can't stay out of trouble regardless how much they get paid. Not even Osborne could straighten Phillips out.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to jump in the Husker board, but it just blows my mind how this guy was so gifted and was so dominant when he played at the college level, but could never get his life together. I look at Clarette the same way. They just can't stay out of trouble regardless how much they get paid. Not even Osborne could straighten Phillips out.
The more I've learned about his past and his time growing up, the easier it is to understand how someone could do that. One of the local radio hosts who was a running back at Nebraska at the same time had about a half an hour-long talk about his situation and the type of person he was. It is heartbreaking.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wished now he had at least waited until his senior season to do what he was destined to do, and that was to beat up a woman. He most certainly would have won the Heisman Trophy in 1995 by staying out of trouble. Maybe I'm crazy, but I felt a slight twinge of sadness when I first saw the headline of his death, despite the piece of crap that he was.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I've learned about his past and his time growing up, the easier it is to understand how someone could do that. One of the local radio hosts who was a running back at Nebraska at the same time had about a half an hour-long talk about his situation and the type of person he was. It is heartbreaking.

Absolutley. If you knew what we went through as a kid your heart went out for him. Still the best I-back to ever wear the scarlet and cream. A broken man here on earth who hopefully isn't broken any more and has found peace R.I.P Lawrence Phillips.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutley. If you knew what we went through as a kid your heart went out for him. Still the best I-back to ever wear the scarlet and cream. A broken man here on earth who hopefully isn't broken any more and has found peace R.I.P Lawrence Phillips.
He was a thug.