• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last Chance U: Independence

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its more than that i think. Even when you see him around his dad he can't even smile.
Because the dad is a dead beat who is trying to squeeze cash out of his son. The way Henry is a direct effect of his lack of having a father until he realized he may be able to get a pay day from him.

The kid is trying to make his dad proud but he has no love for the sport, he wants to play baseball. Can you imagine living in this place, disorganized as all can be after you played at FSU? You already don’t want to be playing this game and the only reason you are is trying to (in his mind) win back the affection of a dad who only deemed him worthy of attention when he saw dollar signs.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the dad is a dead beat who is trying to squeeze cash out of his son. The way Henry is a direct effect of his lack of having a father until he realized he may be able to get a pay day from him.

The kid is trying to make his dad proud but he has no love for the sport, he wants to play baseball. Can you imagine living in this place, disorganized as all can be after you played at FSU? You already don’t want to be playing this game and the only reason you are is trying to (in his mind) win back the affection of a dad who only deemed him worthy of attention when he saw dollar signs.
Per the show, his mother asked that his father get involved to help him through the recruiting process. The rest of that is conjecture, unless you have another source?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per the show, his mother asked that his father get involved to help him through the recruiting process. The rest of that is conjecture, unless you have another source?
The show does make it seem like he wasn't involved in his son's life until he became a football star and was being recruited. That doesn't scream decent person.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a couple things from the last few episodes that I thought were strange.

Coach Brown blames Gooden for getting the personal foul that loses them the game in front of everyone, and the very next thing he tells the team is to not point fingers at anyone and that it's a team game lol.

And then the English teacher gives Bobby Bruce a Nike shirt and sweatpants but he says he can't wear it since they are an Adidas school, when the next scene shows Malik at practice wearing Nike shoes and no one says anything.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a cousin that teaches at ICC. Independence is a small town and a lot of local people are not happy with the recruits Brown brings in. Some small town people like to live in a bubble and when unsavory characters start being injected into their population, there is bound to be some backlash.

Brown is still there though so the school must not be feeling too much backlash.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conjecture but educated conjecture.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conjecture but educated conjecture.
What isn’t conjecture is Malik admitted he didn’t want to go to ICC and no idea what he was getting into. I think that speaks volumes that the dad made the decision.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What isn’t conjecture is Malik admitted he didn’t want to go to ICC and no idea what he was getting into. I think that speaks volumes that the dad made the decision.
My job requires me to work with people, understand their mindset, read body language etc. Especially the scene where they are eating lunch and his dad is telling this coach all this stuff about him, you can read a ton into that. First thing is, I’m over this. The kid never wanted to go to Indy, the dad said if he sat out a year I’m worried he wouldn’t go back to playing which says a lot about both the kid and their relationship.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a couple things from the last few episodes that I thought were strange.

Coach Brown blames Gooden for getting the personal foul that loses them the game in front of everyone, and the very next thing he tells the team is to not point fingers at anyone and that it's a team game lol.

And then the English teacher gives Bobby Bruce a Nike shirt and sweatpants but he says he can't wear it since they are an Adidas school, when the next scene shows Malik at practice wearing Nike shoes and no one says anything.
I feel for Bruce. This is an extremely troubled kid, wish things would have turned out better for him. People can bash him and say what they want, but the kid wanted to do the right thing. I think sometimes wanting to and knowing how don’t always align and its extremely sad and unfortunate.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that was an awesome scene. He singled out only that one guy. The kids reaction was hilarious.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that was an awesome scene. He singled out only that one guy. The kids reaction was hilarious.
Jump to around 2:30. Going by sight because I’m at work.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just finished the first season. Buddy might be the worst coach I’ve ever seen. Amazing how successful he is. He literally didn’t do any coaching the entire season

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just finished the first season. Buddy might be the worst coach I’ve ever seen. Amazing how successful he is. He literally didn’t do any coaching the entire season
I said the same thing until I watched season 3.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the same thing until I watched season 3.
The worst coach I’ve seen in any of the seasons has to be Buddy’s defense coordinator in season 2. The guy was like a deer in headlights and had Zero clue how to make adjustments. At one point he was looking at a diagram on a board and almost begging the assistants to find the problem.

The defense cost them the NC that year.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst coach I’ve seen in any of the seasons has to be Buddy’s defense coordinator in season 2. The guy was like a deer in headlights and had Zero clue how to make adjustments. At one point he was looking at a diagram on a board and almost begging the assistants to find the problem.

The defense cost them the NC that year.
I felt for that guy. Still not as bad as Brown in my opinion.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt for that guy. Still not as bad as Brown in my opinion.
I give brown credit for at least calling plays. I’m not sure the other guy ever came out of a base defense.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Malik doesn't want to play the game anymore, it's written all over the kids face!
Sitting there with his dad and the trainer eating, he just looks at his dad like he wants to tell him off....

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished season 3. It seems like JB calmed the fuck down for the last couple of episodes I did find it funny when he called the kid out then said don't point fingers. But I would have called the kid out. He cost them the game. Period.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malik doesn't want to play the game anymore, it's written all over the kids face!
Sitting there with his dad and the trainer eating, he just looks at his dad like he wants to tell him off....
I disagree but in a much worse way. The kid doesn’t look like he wants to tell him off. This kid looks apathetic, just like this is my life. Can’t help but feel for him in that moment.