• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lane Kiffin Potential WVU Coach

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please just say no.

8 potential programs where Alabama assistant Lane Kiffin could be head coach

"Shane Lyons, who took over as athletics director last year, came from Alabama where he worked closely with the football program. Dana Holgorsen is perceived to be on the hot seat, and if he doesn’t work out you’d have to think Nick Saban’s recommendation would carry a lot of weight."

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please just say no.

8 potential programs where Alabama assistant Lane Kiffin could be head coach

"Shane Lyons, who took over as athletics director last year, came from Alabama where he worked closely with the football program. Dana Holgorsen is perceived to be on the hot seat, and if he doesn’t work out you’d have to think Nick Saban’s recommendation would carry a lot of weight."
If Saban recommends Kiffin, it will only be to get rid of him on his staff. If No Balls highers him, then he is just as stupid as,I thought. Kiffin is a cancer to a program. If given a choice between RR and Kiffin, I may have to start drinking more.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Saban recommends Kiffin, it will only be to get rid of him on his staff. If No Balls highers him, then he is just as stupid as,I thought. Kiffin is a cancer to a program. If given a choice between RR and Kiffin, I may have to start drinking more.
*Hires

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be a good hire for you guys and would have you guys in the hunt for Big12 championships pretty quick. Not sure who you think you could get that is better. USC was stupid for firing him really.

I hated him before he came to Alabama. If Saban was to retire, I probably wouldn't kill myself if he was named HC.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be a good hire for you guys and would have you guys in the hunt for Big12 championships pretty quick. Not sure who you think you could get that is better. USC was stupid for firing him really.

I hated him before he came to Alabama. If Saban was to retire, I probably wouldn't kill myself if he was named HC.

He would be a horrific hire..the track record speaks for itself...He has personally burned down 2 college programs and if he can't win at USC how is he going to win at Wv......

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kind of like the "good" job he did at Tennessee. Kids were already in place and then he bolted to USC. That dickhead would do the same if given the opportunity at WVU. Al Davis really gave him a vote of confidence as both a coach and his character. Al Davis no less. RR part 2? No thanks. Keep him and get back to me if he should become 'Bamas HC, if you hadn't killed yourself.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

You guys are silly. Enjoy your drunk coach who constantly gives games away.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

You guys are silly. Enjoy your drunk coach who constantly gives games away.

I will take our drunk coach any day over Kiffen, Hell I would take Fraud over Kiffen any day, and twice on Sundays.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take our drunk coach any day over Kiffen, Hell I would take Fraud over Kiffen any day, and twice on Sundays.

I don't think you have much to worry about, as I can't see Kiffin ever moving to West Virginia. But he'd probably be the best coach you ever had outside Bobby Bowden.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiffin = Holgorsen, damned fine assistants, shitty HCs. I'd take Fraud over either.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiffin = Holgorsen, damned fine assistants, shitty HCs. I'd take Fraud over either.

Kiffin is young, he's going to end up being a good HC one day.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is correct. Doc sh*ts on Kif as a HC all day long and we can have Doc with a 5 minute phone call IF indeed we want a change.

Others receiving votes that are > Kif that WVU could hire in less than a day :

PJ Fleck
Butch Davis
RichRod
Mack Brown
Greg Schiano

Last edited:

NY7

Kill HIllary
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You inserted "higher" into a sentence that warranted "hire"...and you have the nerve to call someone else stupid!? What about Lane is a cancer to a program? Did he not take Tennessee to a bowl game in his one season? Has Alabama not made consecutive CFP's & celebrated another 'chip?

I think you need to get your facts straight. You hillbilly bastards can only dream of bringing Lane Kiffin into West Virginia. I personally don't think he gives the job opportunity one thought.

NY7

Kill HIllary
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is correct. Doc sh*ts on Kif as a HC all day long and we can have Doc with a 5 minute phone call IF indeed we want a change.

Others receiving votes that are > Kif that WVU could hire in less than a day :

PJ Fleck
Butch Davis
RichRod
Mack Brown
Greg Schiano
If WVU wanted Butch Davis, they'd have hired him by now. Rich Rod wants back onto the East coast but WVU is a lateral move for him. Mack Brown is long retired and shit, you can have Schiano.

Lots of respect for PJ Fleck but to indicate he's better than Lane Kiffin is a fucking joke.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You inserted "higher" into a sentence that warranted "hire"...and you have the nerve to call someone else stupid!? What about Lane is a cancer to a program? Did he not take Tennessee to a bowl game in his one season? Has Alabama not made consecutive CFP's & celebrated another 'chip?

I think you need to get your facts straight. You hillbilly bastards can only dream of bringing Lane Kiffin into West Virginia. I personally don't think he gives the job opportunity one thought.
Good, because I certainly have no desire for Kiffin to come to WVa. As to coming down on someone over a mispelled word.......come on, you had a good argument other than that. We have a small, very vocal minority of fans who think WVU sports began when Luck was hired, and cling to Holgorsen as Luck's vestige. I personally think that both Kiffin and Holgorsen are younger Charlie Weiss clones, will never attain the skills to be a HC.

NY7

Kill HIllary
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good, because I certainly have no desire for Kiffin to come to WVa. As to coming down on someone over a mispelled word.......come on, you had a good argument other than that. We have a small, very vocal minority of fans who think WVU sports began when Luck was hired, and cling to Holgorsen as Luck's vestige. I personally think that both Kiffin and Holgorsen are younger Charlie Weiss clones, will never attain the skills to be a HC.
Hmmm... you seem to be the rare, intelligent WV breed. How have you not been captured by local government, dissected & studied in a lab?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If WVU wanted Butch Davis, they'd have hired him by now. Rich Rod wants back onto the East coast but WVU is a lateral move for him. Mack Brown is long retired and shit, you can have Schiano.

Lots of respect for PJ Fleck but to indicate he's better than Lane Kiffin is a fucking joke.
They have all had more success as a HC that LK has had and he flopped at freggin U. S. C.
Jesus what a dipsh*t you are:crazy::pound:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he isnt

He's only 41.

I understand people hate him. But he's a good coach and the teams he has coached have done better with him than without him.

Tennessee hates him because he did so well for them. Gave them the only respectable season they had for almost a decade until last season(which is in itself debatable as better considering their schedule and how much weaker the SEC East is now). He was also killing it in recruiting until he left etc. He dicked them a little when he left and leaving after only 1 season was harsh, but to say he didn't have Tennessee on the way up is false.

And then at USC he took a team through some of the harshest sanctions of the past 20 years. USC was stupid for firing him it's looking like to me. Pat Haden was a clown at his job really, firing a coach mid season for PR reasons because of a loss, and then backing it up with basically nothing.

Neither of those teams have a better coach today. He's a hell of a recruiter and he would be just the guy to get a school like WVU who is right there in the middle what they need to take it up a level.

But he's way more likable when he doesn't get to talk...so good luck with that part wherever he goes.